July 22, 2014 | 2498 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this powder as a setting powder over some BB cream a few times and I only purchased this with my order from eyeslipsface.com to meet a minimum dollar amount for some promotional deal. I only used this with a kabuki brush and I never used this with the pad that came with the compact.

Pros:
-Incredible match for my skin tone. I have a lot of yellow and I'm around a NC20-25.
-Small, compact, pressed powder package is good for travel.

Cons:
-doesn't "clarify" my skin. =( Didn't seem to be that acne friendly. I may have to use it longer to notice a difference, but I'm currently experimenting with BB creams, but when I get to it, I will probably return to this to give it a better evaluation.
-Seems to cake and settle relatively easily.
-Provides light to medium coverage. I prefer heavy coverage, so I used this over a BB cream, but it made my skin feel like it couldn't breathe. I think this would be great for someone who is looking for a lighter coverage powder though.
-The lid popped off when I dropped it, but I pushed it back on. I could see this potentially breaking easily in the future though. =(

At this moment, I will not be using this on a regular basis. I highly prefer elf's powder mineral foundation (my go-to foundation), as the coverage seems more effective and even and helps my acne. This is only $1 though, but I feel that there is no way you will ever find a good quality powder for sensitive/acne-prone skin that will only cost a dollar (the world just doesn't seem to work that way!). For this reason, although I love elf products, I normally only purchase the mineral or studio lines. I just don't want to risk dollar make up on my sensitive face I suppose.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

this powder is ok. I was surprised it worked as well as it did. I take it to work with me for touch ups and could use it if I was away from home and needed some powder. I think I have the light beige. Color is ok on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ghostofcpast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely ADORE this powder. I have it in the lightest color (...ivory? I've had it for a while), and I love the coverage. The color is a bit off for me, it's VERY yellow and when I first put it on my face there's a moment of "dear god I'm a banana." But you can blend it with a kabuki brush or even just the sponge they give you and it'll look fine. I do have pretty good skin- not a lot of problems with pores or dry patches or oil, I mostly want something to make me look less blotchy and red. And cover up acne. It covers acne just fine. I like using powder because I find it easier to apply than liquid foundation and I really only need two-three swipes of this and it stays on 6+ hours.
I actually kind of like the packaging because it's really small and slim so you can carry it with you for touch-ups super easily. It's very cheap and flimsy but hey, it's a dollar. I'd rather have a tiny ugly case than a medium-size nice-looking one. It's not sturdy at all but it hasn't cracked on me yet.
Overall, I have three of these because the target that sells them is really far from my house and if I am ever away from them I will be sad.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by angelajj74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The powder itself is great. The packaging is ridiculously flimsy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:12:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

This product gets two lippies, one for the super low price and the other for the colors available.

However something in this just sets my skin on fire. I have tried it as a setting powder, I have tried it alone on skin, I have tried it just to spot conceal. This powder makes my skin so itchy and irritated, it smells cheap and looks exactly like a powder you bought for $1.

It is really ironic that the skin "clarifying" powder is the only one out of all the powders I have tried that breaks me out.

Save you one dollar bill, go buy some bubblegum or something, it will save you some trouble.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by shellie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this in the lightest shade because of its strong yellow tones. I am light skinned with yellow undertones. Most powders turn out too pink or orange on me. I'm most definitely yellow-neutral. I find that the powder adds the tone I need and doesn't accentuate dry or flaky areas. I use it over almay cc cream and it doesn't take away the smooth, glowy look. It just keeps things looking creamy instead of oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by musicgrrl4410

i bought this product because i was a beginner with makeup and thought that since it was such a cheap price it would be a great powder to start with! it did last me a long time but it not only left my face looking like it had an orangey tint to it, but i also noticed that the more i used it, the more i would breakout. i started eliminating products i used on my face one by one to try and figure out which one was the culprit and it ended up being this. although this powder is an amazing price, it left my face looking orange and filled with acne so i would not recommend this to other people.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Snoowhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm fair skinned but I'm not overly pale. I usually buy light beiges and even can get away with nude colours. BUT this is too dark to be a light beige!! I will only be using this for contouring and bronzing I think. Disappointed but you get what you pay for and it's also really small !!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Marianaburgos

Horrible! It looks cheap and looks bad

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by MinnieMay9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did not like this as a foundation alone, but I love it as a powder to go over my BB Cream. I don't have the problem of extra product coming off as I use my brush on it. I love it.