September 21, 2014 | 1145 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by missyrissycrawford

pros
-absorbs oil
-nice finish
-doesn't cause acne
-keeps any foundation on all day
-easy to apply
-matte finish
-lasts a long time
-great price
-great colours

cons
-needed to but separate brush to apply

nothing else . this is a great product & I think I would recommend this to anyone

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by eileeniebean

It only has %1 salicylic acid, so I don't know how effective it really is at clarifying. I just bought it because it's so cheap. I wear it both under and over my foundation. I have very yellow-toned skin and the lightest color matches me pretty well. It seems to run out a bit quickly, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by meikit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

First I thought that this product was amazing, it was cheap and the shade matched my skin. But after few days of using it I noticed that my face was covered with small pimples, this product was said to be clarifying, but it only made my skin worse. Wouldn't buy this again! My skin is quite dry so maybe if you have oily skin then this would work for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

A decent purse powder. Great for teens and affordable I wish the packaging was better and that they had better shades but it's a nice powder nothing special but nothing bad.
I would use this over rimmel stay matte any day!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by jessandth3city

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

GREAT emergency powder especially if you're on a budget! minimal packaging, no mirror but this product only costs a dollar or two so I'm not complaining. Color and oil control are both decent (I'm very oily) but I do
find myself reapplying about every two hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jennihop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this powder. I can wear it alone. It gets really hot down here in the deep south so I don't wear foundation much. It gives great coverage and doesn't break out my acne prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/22/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by xkandiekissesx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this powder as a setting powder over some BB cream a few times and I only purchased this with my order from eyeslipsface.com to meet a minimum dollar amount for some promotional deal. I only used this with a kabuki brush and I never used this with the pad that came with the compact.

Pros:
-Incredible match for my skin tone. I have a lot of yellow and I'm around a NC20-25.
-Small, compact, pressed powder package is good for travel.

Cons:
-doesn't "clarify" my skin. =( Didn't seem to be that acne friendly. I may have to use it longer to notice a difference, but I'm currently experimenting with BB creams, but when I get to it, I will probably return to this to give it a better evaluation.
-Seems to cake and settle relatively easily.
-Provides light to medium coverage. I prefer heavy coverage, so I used this over a BB cream, but it made my skin feel like it couldn't breathe. I think this would be great for someone who is looking for a lighter coverage powder though.
-The lid popped off when I dropped it, but I pushed it back on. I could see this potentially breaking easily in the future though. =(

At this moment, I will not be using this on a regular basis. I highly prefer elf's powder mineral foundation (my go-to foundation), as the coverage seems more effective and even and helps my acne. This is only $1 though, but I feel that there is no way you will ever find a good quality powder for sensitive/acne-prone skin that will only cost a dollar (the world just doesn't seem to work that way!). For this reason, although I love elf products, I normally only purchase the mineral or studio lines. I just don't want to risk dollar make up on my sensitive face I suppose.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

this powder is ok. I was surprised it worked as well as it did. I take it to work with me for touch ups and could use it if I was away from home and needed some powder. I think I have the light beige. Color is ok on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ghostofcpast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely ADORE this powder. I have it in the lightest color (...ivory? I've had it for a while), and I love the coverage. The color is a bit off for me, it's VERY yellow and when I first put it on my face there's a moment of "dear god I'm a banana." But you can blend it with a kabuki brush or even just the sponge they give you and it'll look fine. I do have pretty good skin- not a lot of problems with pores or dry patches or oil, I mostly want something to make me look less blotchy and red. And cover up acne. It covers acne just fine. I like using powder because I find it easier to apply than liquid foundation and I really only need two-three swipes of this and it stays on 6+ hours.
I actually kind of like the packaging because it's really small and slim so you can carry it with you for touch-ups super easily. It's very cheap and flimsy but hey, it's a dollar. I'd rather have a tiny ugly case than a medium-size nice-looking one. It's not sturdy at all but it hasn't cracked on me yet.
Overall, I have three of these because the target that sells them is really far from my house and if I am ever away from them I will be sad.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by angelajj74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The powder itself is great. The packaging is ridiculously flimsy.