E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Do not control shine at all. I like the compact size but the product is useless. Will not purchase again.

I got mine at Dollar Tree, so even though e.l.f. has decided on a 100% price increase ($2), I still only paid $1. I got "Ivory" and "Apricot Beige", the latter being a too dark/orange for my fair skin. This powder goes on well, has a bit of coverage and more of a satin matte finish, that pure chalky matte. My issue is that it does not hold back shine at all, and actually seems to make it worse! I also think this may break me out, the opposite of what it's supposed to do. I do like how small and portable the compact is, and the included puff is decent, but the lack of a mirror is ridiculous...I need a mirror in the compact for on the go touch-ups e.l.f.! For the same price, you can buy L.A. Colors pressed powder, which has more product, a mirror, and holds back shine for at least a little while.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I brought it in the lightest shade (ivory) which has yellow undertones.

Pros:
-Yellow undertone (for me anyways) so it matches quite well. (I'm asian with pale yellow skin).
-Easy to carry around and it has a puff which is quite handy for touch ups.
-Does NOT break me out.
-Cheap... depends on how you think of it, here in Australia we get it for $6 at Kmart, and you must be aware that this powder is very very VERY small, but last quite a while.
-I wear this over my primer, since there's no foundation in Australia that matches my skin color.
-Coverage wise, it's medium to full coverage (and note, I only wear this over my primer), want better coverage, use more (I don't dab it over my face, I sweep it over my face with the puff).

Cons:
-It's powder, apply to much and people can tell that you're wearing makeup, specially on your laugh lines. It'll show and it'll crack.
-Can be drying, not sure if it's the tiny percent of salicylic acid. So I don't recommend this for people with dry skin.
-Lid has fallen off a couple of time, but I can pop it back in.
-I wish it has more product in it.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

It makes my skin ashy. Doesn´t help with acne. Doesn´t last long.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely COULD NOT live without this powder. For 99 cents, this is definitely by far one of my favorite powders that can be found at a drug store. Not only is it CRAZY INEXPENSIVE, it works so great for acne prone skin!!! I've found that my skin NEVER breaks out after using this, and it actually helps my acne, and gives me light-medium coverage. This works just as well as my more expensive powders, and sets my foundation great. When using this alone, I don't even have to bother taking it off due to the fact that it actually helps my skin. The small packaging is so convenient; it can be taken almost anywhere without an issue. I always grab 5 of these at a time and NEVER regret buying them.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I was disappointed in this product. And not because my mom wants to buy all my makeup herself and always picks the cheap kind. I was happy with it for about 3 months, but then I looked closer and saw that it made me look ashy, or paler than I am. I'm not sure if it actually clarifies? I usually have good skin, it almost never breaks out, so that part is a bit of a mystery to me. I would suggest to look for a better pressed powder, but if there's no other choice, get this one (it's $1) and pray no one notices the paleness.

I loved how it matched & smoothed out my skin, but after using it I always break out all across my face. My pores get so clogged from this powder. I'm so sad, I thought I had found my savior.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

not that amazing i use it betweeen my primer anf foundation and get full covrage but otheer than that it has a strang texture and doesnt hlp acne

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have it in the shade light beige. I use it under and on top of the E.L.F flawless finish foundation since it was a little darker for me it blends in to my right color. I would buy this again when I really need it but I rather prefer the studio line one better since it comes with more product in it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

At first, being such an oily skin/acne prone/sensitive skin gal, I thought for a $1, why not? It gave such good coverage for a powder but literally 3 hours after taking it off, I had red bumps of acne all on my face! It was a disaster! This product made me broke out so bad! I'm extremely disappointed.

Recommended for Normal Skin