October 25, 2014 | 1054 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #209 Eye liner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My HG gel eyeliner brush. I prefer this kind of point brush as opposed to the broader and flatter versions out there since it gives me greater control. The brush lasts pretty long and doesn't need replacement.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by brianne123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush WAS awesome. Key word: was.

I've had it for about a year now and the edges of the brush have been frayed and bent out since after the first couple months. At first it was a manageable problem since dipping the brush in my gel liner would smooth out the frayed parts. But it's so bad now that it's pretty much impossible to use, since the frayed bits will draw random spots and lines on my eye while I'm trying to line it.

I thought maybe I got a bad brush, but my friend just bought one a couple weeks ago and she was just complaining that it was frayed too.

For such an expensive brush, I expected it to last MUCH longer and work much better. I'll be searching for a cheaper alternative...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by MsCadle

I love this to put on my fluidline eyeliner. Great brush. Lasts forever!!! Excellent quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Holy Grail !! <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by stream27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush doesn't work for me. I find the bristles aren't stiff enough to give me enough control over where my liner's going. I've only used it a handful of times since I bought it with a few different liners to see if I could get it to work for me, but without much luck. This is probably the one Mac purchase I regret. Now, I only use it with the Lush liquid liners, as I hate the brush that comes with the actual bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG status. The mac daddy of all eyeliner brushes. I can create any eyeliner look with this. Whenever I can't find this baby, I panic, because nothing, absolutely nothing compares to this eyeliner brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by stls

This eyeliner brush works great with fluidlines. Can be precise and create a wonderful wing. Never shed or lost it's shape and I wash it after every use. Finally I realize that this shape is more convenient for me than slanted brushes. I'm very pleased and would repurchase but I'm still curious about how 210 performs.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used to love this brush, but after only using this for a few weeks it has 'splayed'. A few of the hairs are at an angle, which is weird as I know how to look after these brushes. I don't know how to pull it back together. I have to say I am disappointed as I own several MAC brushes which I adore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by TMK6959

This is good. Not great. I think I will stick to my 316 for eyeliner. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received 209SE as a free gift for set I purchased from Mac. I learn that SE or special editions are machine made whereas the regular brushes are hand made and better quality. Nonetheless, this is still fantastic liner brush, a breeze to use with fluidline and totally surpass Sigma's version.

The bristles are very tapered and pointed at the end, making it very easy to get a thin line, or a thick line if you so wishes. Sigma's version is alot thicker, I never used it before as I do not like how thick the bristles are. With Sigma's 209, it would be difficult to get a thin line.

One thing I don't like about it is that the plastic cover is really cheap and tend to break. I've asked Mac for replacements but were told they do not have them. I've now used scotch tape all over it and really hated how it looks. Mac should make a black cover or at least a better quality cover for it.