July 31, 2014 | 994 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I love the little travel-size tin, it's so adorable! The cream itself is very thick and emollient. I could never use this on my oily, acneic face, but I love it for my dry feet and elbows. The scent is fairly strong, but I've realized it reminds me of my nana so I like it. I do think a squeezeable tube would be easier and more hygienic, but this little guy is so cute! The price was right, too - this was about a dollar for one ounce.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by 190evo2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always used expensive skin care products and thought I couldn't live without my Eve Lom cleanser until I had to unexpectedly stay overnight at my parents house. My mother uses Nivea and when I went to the bathroom all I could find was a bar of soap and a tub of Nivea. There was no way I was going to use soap on my face so I used the Nivea in the same way I use Eve Lom (no muslin cloth so a flannel had to do), and with a feeling of dread and an expectation my skin would break out, I went to bed. I woke up in the morning to see and feel the best skin I've had since being a child. No spots and those I had disappeared overnight. No greasiness, no dryness, no flakes, and a beautiful even peachy tone. It was impressive. My skin was problematic, sensitive, spot prone, oily and then red/flaky and since using Nivea, my skin is perfectly behaved. Its normal. I love it. Admittedly a couple of times a week I still deep cleanse with Eve Lom and then moisturise with Nivea, but other than that, its Nivea all the way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I tried using this creme only to be disappointed. It's rather thick and tacky so it's a bit hard to apply. I ended up rubbing it between two hands before I applied to my face. It worked wonderfully under my makeup. The downside is that it felt extremely heavy. After a few days of use, my skin started to break out. I have dry, sensitive skin that rarely has a blemish. I also tried using this on my hands and feet. It's okay for that. I have just used better.
Pro's: Cheap, easy to find, smells good
Cons: causes breakout, thick and heavy, hard to apply

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont normally like anything thick, sticky or greasy in a lotion or cream. I decided to try to use this on my heels. I have been having issues with calluses and skin peeling and becoming sore. Also it just looks nasty if I want to wear sandals/ flip flops (which i do constantly in the summer time). I bought the little tin for $1 to try putting on my feet at night with socks. After 5 days it has def made a difference. Its almost quit peeling all together and the skin is MUCH softer and calluses are going away. My feet look normal again. I also think I will start using this some on my legs when they feel too dry. I will buy again and I really like the little tin it comes in the smaller size so I will buy both that and a tub of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Tropicll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin but around my nose are gets very dry patchy and flaky, so applying this (in winter time of course) is definitely a life saver!
It smells amazing and I have a huge tub of it on my dresser and I'm 1/4 of the way through it after 2 years.
It is also very cheap for a large tub of this! Maybe around £2 for something which would last me around 8 years (but obviously I'm not gonna keep it for that long. That'd be gross.)
I don't know about using this on the oily parts of my skin but I guess if I did it wouldn't break me out as It hasn't broken me out around my nose.

Will repurchase if and when I run out aha!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As many of you, I grew up with this cream. In my country every woman has a tin of this on her vanity. We know why we keep on using it, it moisturises, keeps your skin soft, makes all of your dry patches go away AND has a very nice scent. Even in winter, I dare to use it on my face after a facial. It's just how we do it here, we think good skin care is the best way to look your prettiest. My love affair with Nivea cream will never end.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Vaintelle

I can't say much for people with acne prone/ oily skin but if you have dry skin, you better get your ass to Walgreens and buy this ASAP. Yeah, it's that amazing.

The first time I've tried it (which was on my face), I resented the greasiness of the product and the thick texture. I had to sleep on my back that night because if I slept sideways, dust and dirt would stick on my face (I applied the cream right before bedtime). It takes a long time for the cream to get absorbed into your skin, which is why it's best if used as a night cream. Despite all my suspicions that the cream will clog my pores (since it's greasy and pretty thick), the next morning, I woke up to a super soft and squishy and hydrated face. My friends kept on poking my face because, apparently, they're a bunch of idiots who can't resist touching something squishy and soft.

That night, when I reused the Nivea cream, I enjoyed how thick it was. And that heavenly smell radiating from the cream- pure bliss, I tell ya. Despite the cream being greasy and your face looking like a shiny disco ball, all these factors (of the cream) help your skin- especially if it's dry and badly in need of a miracle moisturizer. Now, this cream cannot be used as a usual moisturizer- only as a night cream- because of how long it takes for your skin to absorb it. However, you can apply this cream on dry areas on your body (like elbows, knees, etc.).

The only downfall about this cream is that my hands need to be cleaned before apply it on my face. This means that I have to wash my hands before using this cream. For me, I don't use towels to dry my hands because if I do that, bits of dust and dirt hidden deep within the towel show up on my fingers. Disgusting. So my hands are always wet after washing my hands (because I never bother to dry them, instead, I just air-dry my hands). I have to wait several seconds for my hands to dry before using the cream, because if you use the cream with wet hands- and trust me- the cream gets all smushy and rolled-up and disgusting that I almost feel the need to give up on life.

Almost.

Other than that, I'm very satisfied with the cream. And can I talk about how freaking cheap this wonderful, almost magical, piece of shazzle (I'm not gonna use curse words and NO, 'freaking' is not a curse word so NO, I'm not a hypocritic) is? It's so cheap ($1 per travel-sized tins and $5-8 for the big ones) and you can find this in ANY drugstore/pharmacy- hell, you can even find this in the falsely-claimed-"99 cent" stores! It's easy to find, dirt cheap, amazing- what more can you ask?!

This traditional beauty cream will be a stable item in my skincare supply. It even helps with wrinkles while moisturizing and softening the skin! *mindblown*

If you don't have this cream yet, please, I beg of you, GET IT! Especially during the winter/cold months, this cream will be your Superman wrapped up inside a blue tin. All that's missing from this cream is a glowing halo and some wings on the back.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by meilin69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THIS SHIT IS AMAZINGGGGGGGG.

i bought it last week out of curiosity. i usually prefer dept store creams or shits like body shop or l'occitane. but i was bored with expensive stuff and wanna try out something cheap.

yes the PRICE is cheap but the QUALITY i must say is waaaaay better than anything i ever tried.

i use it to replace body shop vit.e night cream, with similar thick texture and greasiness (i prefer a greasy night cream) and rose-grandma smell (it soothes me and helps me sleep), but nivea wins bc it doesn't clog my pores like body shop. like seriously, people said this is "too thick" for a face cream, but it doesn't clog your pores it will not give you pimples but rather a nice glowy face in the morning. i have dry skin but i live in tropical country, so if you're from somewhere with winter please consider trying this as a night cream.

i also use it as a hand cream. compared to l'occitane shea hand cream, it's more oily and doesn't dry out with a powdery feeling like l'oc.

for dry areas all over my body and it works better than body butter.

did i mention that it's super cheap?

so overall this is a luxurious multi purpose cream with dirt cheap price. you just can't get enough of it. i already stock up and have this everywhere so i can grab it everytime i feel like just to sniff it or a quick moisture.
and the classic blue jar is just too beautiful and elegant.

ps: mine is the germany version not the waxy one made in mexico.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by dameeeeez

this cream is something my sister turned me onto. It is super rich and moisturizing—one of those lotions that leaves a greasy feeling after applying. It’s not my favorite but the travel containers of this lotion make it unbeatable for me. I travel a lot and having to only take this little container of lotion to help combat my dry skin really makes a huge difference in my already massive toiletry bag. I will repurchase this product for travel only. Definitely a lotion you want to apply right before bed and NOT before getting dressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by clasp