L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.6

AQUA / WATER / EAU • CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE • GLYCERIN SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE • PROPYLENE GLYCOL • TITANIUM DIOXIDE • OZOKERITE • PHENOXYETHANOL • MAGNESIUM SULFATE • DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE • DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE • METHYLPARABEN • ACRYLATES COPOLYMER • BUTYLPARABEN ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE • ALUMINA • MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE • CALCIUM PANTETHEINE SULFONATE • DEXTRAN SULFATE • SILICA [+/- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES MICA ]

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this concealer. I have tried many concealers that exist on the market, from A-Z, like Armani, Bobbi Brown, Estee lauder, YsL, Mac, Maybelline, Collistar, Clinique, Smashbox, Dior etc.

But this concealer surpasses all of them. The consistency is very smooth and you can blend it easily. The most important thing is, that it doesn't settle into fine lines and it doesn't dry out your eye area.

The corevage is very good and you can put 2 or 3 layers on without looking unnatural. For me the best concealer so far. Unfortunately no colour matches my NC 30 skintone. If loeral would enlarge the colour range, I would be the happiest girl in the world.

I love love love the consistency and couldn't find a concealer with the same consistency yet. If the colour matched my skintone, loreal true match concealer would be my HG.

What a pity!

*I'm from Germany so I'm sorry for my English* :-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The morning I was going to take school pictures, I realized that I had a huge red circle on my cheek that was visible past my foundation, I realized this while eating lunch. Luckily for me, there was a walgreens right next door, and I picked up this product because I had heard some decent things. I was running late and had less than two minutes before I had to go so I put it on praying for a miracle, it blended into my skin perfectly and covered all of the redness! I was especially amazed because a concealer had never successfully done that for me before. I would give it five lippies, but I have yet to try it on my undereyes over my foundation.

UPDATE 10/3/15: After the impressive results with covering redness, I had to see if the concealer would cover my HORRIBLE panda circles, which it actually does. I was shocked that it worked so well at covering them, but you have to be careful not to put a lot because if you put too much it makes your circles even more prominent. This product is super pigmented so really watch how much you put on. It also does a decent job of covering raised acne, but does far better with flatter acne. Since I've used it for my under eyes and acne, I can give it the five hippies that it deserves!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

:::::UPDATE:::::For the summer I typically just use concealer and powder to even out my skintone because LA's summers will get your sweaty. I was using this all over my face for 2 weeks straight when I started noticing pimples forming everywhere I was applying this(all over my face). This doesn't happen when I use this just to spot conceal over foundation. So I've come to the conclusion that this only works at spot concealing over foundation but if I use it all over to even my skintone every day then I will break out after 1 week or so. The pimples weren't horrible and went away in 2-3days. Will still repurchase if I don't find anything better.

I recently purchased this in W 4-5 and N 1-2-3. This will be my 3rd tube of W4-5 that I've used. I seriously love it. For reference, up until recently, I'd been struggling with mild to moderate adult acne all over my face and occasionally on my neck. I consider myself to be oily and acne-prone. Combating this insecurity had been a constant pain resulting in many hours of online research and products tried to see if anything could help. Nothing worked. I finally came across reviews of facials oils/natural better quality beauty remedies and haven't looked back since. My skin is the clearest it's been in over 14years. I do get 1-2 tiny pimples every few days do to working in a high humidity enviroment(dog groomer) but they usually go away over night do to my nightime facial oil routine. I currently have slightly dark circles under my eyes and mild to medium discoloration on my cheeks temples and jawline from previous break outs all in which this concealor completely covers. W4-5 matches my skin perfectly. Im NC25-30. I'd consider the coverage to. be medium but buildable. Blends amazingly. When I'm not doing full coverage makeup, I like to apply this after my moisturizer and primer on any discoloration or pimple and blend it out with my Elf flawless concealor brush in the studio line. I then set with translucent powder and thats it. My skin looks even but still natural. Highlighting with concealor is a technique im trying out so I went out and picked up N123. I figured the peachy tone of it might do better at covering my moderate dark circles as well and it does! my face looks brighter. Didnt seem to settle into my fine lines too much. Again I want to mention that I'm extremely oily but this concealor stayed in place 4-5hours for me. A slight dusting of powder helps to keep the shine away while I'm wearing the concealor. Most importantly though, this doesn't break me out. That's my number one gripe with products. If it in anyway irritates my skin...Overall, definitely a makeup staple and will continue to repurchase for as long as they make them. One complaint; kind of pricey at the drugstores. around $7-8 at big box stores, $9-11 at drugstores.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great undereye concealer, but not thick enough to cover acne scars or blemishes. I like that it is not thick, so it looks much more natural than many concealers I've tried. I'll use this up and might come back to it eventually after that.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This concealer has been my HG for the past 6 months. I seriously don't know what I'd do without it.

I have SEVERELY sensitive skin. Like, if it is touched the wrong way I'll break out. While researching on CosDNA I found that this concealer had the least irritants and acne triggers out of everything else I looked at. I still think that if I loaded it up, it might cause a pimple, but I have never had a break out reaction from it.

The consistency is a smooth creaminess, and while it isn't heavy duty coverage, the consistency allows it to be built up. It takes some blending to make it look natural, but as it sets it melts into your skin. It has also never dried my skin out, and I have very dry skin (I use a heavy duty moisturizer under it). I tend to set it with my foundation which is slightly water resistant, and that helps it stay in place all day. I use the Fair-light in the warm tone in the winter, it and it seems to blend into my skin tone well. They have a range of warm, neutral, and cool tones to choose from which seems like a good selection.

I use this in conjunction with my MUFE Face and Body, and together they blend seamlessly as they are similar in consistency. This little concealer is so versatile, I often use it by itself and blend into my blotchy spots for quick makeup days. I find the best way to use it is to dab it on the trouble spots, let sit for a minute, and then to blend it out with a finger etc.

The price is of course a bit steep for what you get, per usual, and the packaging is ok - not the most hygienic but not the worst either. The cap is a brush inside the bottle, which is pretty sturdy and easy to carry around for quick touch-ups.

Overall I absolutely adore this concealer. Usually with drugstore products my enthusiasm wanes over time for them, but this one has held up over time. HG status.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Good for under eye concealing. So "blendable" that is cannot cover acne scars or active pimples. Only four colors available at my drugstore, so it was pretty light.
Feels nice though. Packaging has never leaked for me; it is convenient.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I hate to be a downer in the midst of all the great reviews but this didn't work for me.
To be honest, I may be using it for the wrong purpose. I am a bit dense when it comes to makeup sometimes. LOL. I need to cover acne scars and active pimples, not under eye circles or darkness.
For me, I need at least 3 layers to cover anything! It is so sheer and blends so well, that the redness just shows through. Eventually, I can build up enough coverage but frankly, I don't have the time and patience to do it. I need a swipe and go - I love makeup but my daily routine is pretty fast and minimal and this does not fit into it!
My other beef is the packaging. It is a wee brush that sits in the liquid - like a mascara package. Perhaps for undereye circles, contamination isn't much of an issue but for acne! There is no way to clean the brush as the liquid is pretty much contaminated from day one. So am I just transferring bacterica from one pimple to the next?!
A few good points (to be fair): I have the light neutral and it really is seamless with my skin. Well done. And there is no fragrance. The texture is smooth, and it hasn't dried out in the 6 months I have been using it.
I like L'Oreal so I am going to try their crayon concealer and perhaps that is better for acne marks.

I got this last August, I've gone through 2 and I use them almost on a daily basis, or at least 6 times a week. So I guess it lasted me 4 months for a tube. They are about 7 dollars.

Anyway, I really like that it matched my skin for the most part, I mean worn alone it woudn't, but over my liquid foundation and under my loose powder you couldn't even tell. Sometimes I'd get lazy and not pile it on enough, so you could still see some scars, but whatever. I'm not perfect and I never claimed to be. The wand is pretty unhygenic, which sucks, and w/ enough layers it looks great.

I used to conceal my under eyes, but since there are little cracks, it just makes me look old. And my mom, I noticed when I did her makeup has these HUGE bumps under her eyes and it freaked me out. So I'm going to foregoe anything on my undereyes but moisturizer all day and night. I'm only 20 I can't take risks lol.

The one lippy is for the price and size, I know it lasts a while, but oh well, I'm going to expiriment w/ Jane's no show concealer which is 3 dollars. It's alright, but you can read that review later.

Not a bad concealer for the price. It does match the skin, but tends to fade over the course of the day. It looks great over imperfections at first, but can settle over time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I found this concealer just about average in all aspects.

Application: Good. It does blend very easily true to its name. The texture of the formula is light and creamy.

Finish: When used sparingly it looks very natural. However, if you are too heavy-handed it does tend to look a bit cakey especially if you're wearing foundation and powder to boot.

Coverage: Its just average at best. I bought this to use mostly on my acne and dark spots/acne scars and it only slightly covers the redness, I have to top up several times and when I do so, it starts to look cakey (refer to what I said about the finish above). So for those who are really looking to cover up that acne, I don't think this product is so amazing for it. For the under eyes though, if your dark circles aren't so bad it will do a decent job at covering but again, be aware of it potentially caking if you apply too much.

Staying Power: Average. Fades in just a few hours, maybe even less I didn't really keep track. Bottom line: You will have to keep reapplying throughout the day.