November 23, 2014 | 1556 users online

Concealers - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by dilayla

I absolutely love this concealer. I have tried many concealers that exist on the market, from A-Z, like Armani, Bobbi Brown, Estee lauder, YsL, Mac, Maybelline, Collistar, Clinique, Smashbox, Dior etc.

But this concealer surpasses all of them. The consistency is very smooth and you can blend it easily. The most important thing is, that it doesn't settle into fine lines and it doesn't dry out your eye area.

The corevage is very good and you can put 2 or 3 layers on without looking unnatural. For me the best concealer so far. Unfortunately no colour matches my NC 30 skintone. If loeral would enlarge the colour range, I would be the happiest girl in the world.

I love love love the consistency and couldn't find a concealer with the same consistency yet. If the colour matched my skintone, loreal true match concealer would be my HG.

What a pity!

*I'm from Germany so I'm sorry for my English* :-)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2005 10:40:00 AM More reviews by libby99

This is a great undereye concealer, but not thick enough to cover acne scars or blemishes. I like that it is not thick, so it looks much more natural than many concealers I've tried. I'll use this up and might come back to it eventually after that.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by allthingsmakeupnbeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

:::::UPDATE:::::For the summer I typically just use concealer and powder to even out my skintone because LA's summers will get your sweaty. I was using this all over my face for 2 weeks straight when I started noticing pimples forming everywhere I was applying this(all over my face). This doesn't happen when I use this just to spot conceal over foundation. So I've come to the conclusion that this only works at spot concealing over foundation but if I use it all over to even my skintone every day then I will break out after 1 week or so. The pimples weren't horrible and went away in 2-3days. Will still repurchase if I don't find anything better.

I recently purchased this in W 4-5 and N 1-2-3. This will be my 3rd tube of W4-5 that I've used. I seriously love it. For reference, up until recently, I'd been struggling with mild to moderate adult acne all over my face and occasionally on my neck. I consider myself to be oily and acne-prone. Combating this insecurity had been a constant pain resulting in many hours of online research and products tried to see if anything could help. Nothing worked. I finally came across reviews of facials oils/natural better quality beauty remedies and haven't looked back since. My skin is the clearest it's been in over 14years. I do get 1-2 tiny pimples every few days do to working in a high humidity enviroment(dog groomer) but they usually go away over night do to my nightime facial oil routine. I currently have slightly dark circles under my eyes and mild to medium discoloration on my cheeks temples and jawline from previous break outs all in which this concealor completely covers. W4-5 matches my skin perfectly. Im NC25-30. I'd consider the coverage to. be medium but buildable. Blends amazingly. When I'm not doing full coverage makeup, I like to apply this after my moisturizer and primer on any discoloration or pimple and blend it out with my Elf flawless concealor brush in the studio line. I then set with translucent powder and thats it. My skin looks even but still natural. Highlighting with concealor is a technique im trying out so I went out and picked up N123. I figured the peachy tone of it might do better at covering my moderate dark circles as well and it does! my face looks brighter. Didnt seem to settle into my fine lines too much. Again I want to mention that I'm extremely oily but this concealor stayed in place 4-5hours for me. A slight dusting of powder helps to keep the shine away while I'm wearing the concealor. Most importantly though, this doesn't break me out. That's my number one gripe with products. If it in anyway irritates my skin...Overall, definitely a makeup staple and will continue to repurchase for as long as they make them. One complaint; kind of pricey at the drugstores. around $7-8 at big box stores, $9-11 at drugstores.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mimlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good for under eye concealing. So "blendable" that is cannot cover acne scars or active pimples. Only four colors available at my drugstore, so it was pretty light.
Feels nice though. Packaging has never leaked for me; it is convenient.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate to be a downer in the midst of all the great reviews but this didn't work for me.
To be honest, I may be using it for the wrong purpose. I am a bit dense when it comes to makeup sometimes. LOL. I need to cover acne scars and active pimples, not under eye circles or darkness.
For me, I need at least 3 layers to cover anything! It is so sheer and blends so well, that the redness just shows through. Eventually, I can build up enough coverage but frankly, I don't have the time and patience to do it. I need a swipe and go - I love makeup but my daily routine is pretty fast and minimal and this does not fit into it!
My other beef is the packaging. It is a wee brush that sits in the liquid - like a mascara package. Perhaps for undereye circles, contamination isn't much of an issue but for acne! There is no way to clean the brush as the liquid is pretty much contaminated from day one. So am I just transferring bacterica from one pimple to the next?!
A few good points (to be fair): I have the light neutral and it really is seamless with my skin. Well done. And there is no fragrance. The texture is smooth, and it hasn't dried out in the 6 months I have been using it.
I like L'Oreal so I am going to try their crayon concealer and perhaps that is better for acne marks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by tinaandjelly

I got this last August, I've gone through 2 and I use them almost on a daily basis, or at least 6 times a week. So I guess it lasted me 4 months for a tube. They are about 7 dollars.

Anyway, I really like that it matched my skin for the most part, I mean worn alone it woudn't, but over my liquid foundation and under my loose powder you couldn't even tell. Sometimes I'd get lazy and not pile it on enough, so you could still see some scars, but whatever. I'm not perfect and I never claimed to be. The wand is pretty unhygenic, which sucks, and w/ enough layers it looks great.

I used to conceal my under eyes, but since there are little cracks, it just makes me look old. And my mom, I noticed when I did her makeup has these HUGE bumps under her eyes and it freaked me out. So I'm going to foregoe anything on my undereyes but moisturizer all day and night. I'm only 20 I can't take risks lol.

The one lippy is for the price and size, I know it lasts a while, but oh well, I'm going to expiriment w/ Jane's no show concealer which is 3 dollars. It's alright, but you can read that review later.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2006 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Animimi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a bad concealer for the price. It does match the skin, but tends to fade over the course of the day. It looks great over imperfections at first, but can settle over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by allegoriest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**Updating my review: with the help of the MUA boards, it turns out that I actually have yellow, not pink, undertones, which is the opposite of what MAC told me but it definitely seems to hold true. I think the grayish issue that this caused under my eyes was partially a result of this! I'm going to try the warm/fair version next time.

I have this concealer in C-1-2-3. I use the True Match powder in C-1, which is on the lighter range of the shades this concealer is designed for. When I apply this concealer it appears too dark on my skin, but if I let it sit for a minute or two before patting to blend it in it looks okay.

My under-eye circles vary in darkness from day to day (and it isn't always correlated with how well I've slept, either). On darker days, I need to use an under-eye orange concealer under the True Match or it looks washed-out and gray.

This covers blemishes fairly well, but it can wear off through the course of the day. It doesn't feel oily or oxidize, though, which is a plus.

Packaging: this is a liquid with a brush attached to the cap of the tube. It's easy to apply.

The price is pretty good, this is a drugstore product. I don't need to use very much of this at a time, so it lasts a while - it's a good value. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this with the foundation. I wasn't happy with the foundation but I was really happy with this. I don't tend to use this concealer on an everyday basis under my foundation but I do use this when I go to the pool or the beach. I don't really like how they combine shades but whatever. I like how when I go in the water it stays on my face. I have the worst acne scars and boils ever so I wear this to cover them up when I go in the water. After a couple of hours I do have to re apply but that's not a big deal since I'm the water. The container doesn't hold much in it either. Im as very happy to see it has not broken me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by sjay10

It's blend able as it says. The coverage however is light to medium, through my experiences. You can layer it on for more coverage without it looking so cakey. What I don't like is it doesn't last so long even if I put on powder.