April 21, 2014 | 1894 users online

Treatments - Biosilk - Silk Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the smell! Yum. This product works best for my fine, long hair when I put a dime sized amount in it directly after washing while it's still wet. I find it to greasy if I use it on dry hair. It's a good heat protectant and adds a wonderful shine to my hair. I apply mostly in the ends and very sparingly near my scalp. The only thing I don't like about this product is the alcohol in the ingredient list. Alcohol is very drying on the hair and I do find my hair is dryer after repeated use. I only use this occasionally. I primarily use a small amount of pure organic extra virgin coconut oil to get the same effect, without the drying result from Biosilk. I have had my small bottle for over 2 years now and will not repurchase because I prefer the beneficial effects of a natural hair product: coconut oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by araker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the way the product makes my hair shine and feel however, when I used it for 3 months straight my hair was dry and breaking. I've never had issues with drying before this. I stopped using this product and six months later my hair started to feel better. I only wanted the product for the shine so now I use a shine spray that does not have alcohol in it. It works wonderfully and is super cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by valmont32677

Love the scent!! I use this on my skin too, to lightly fragrance myself. This product really tames frizz, adds a ton of shine, & you only need a couple drops. CAUTION: this bottle does not travel well. I've had 3 small bottles of this over the years that leaked in my suitcase, thankfully I had the wisdom to put it into a sealed ziplock Baggie so nothing was ruined although it did put a bit of a dent in my wallet & the inconvenience of either having to find a place that sells it or doing without it. This stuff is awesome!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

Although this serum is on the pricier side, I really do love it. You need only a small amount and your hair is instantly smooth, silky and smells amazing. I like applying it to my ends to make them look less scraggly in between highlighting and haircuts. Love the scent. The only downsides are the price (wayyy too expensive for a full bottle, try out the sample size at ulta first) and that it is really easy to apply too much if you have fine hair. I have fine, wavy hair and I have to be careful not to use too much at a time or else you will wind up with hair that looks greasy and unwashed.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by BrightEyes001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall, this was a very "meh" product. I received the large bottle of this as a gift, and thankfully I didn't pay for this since it didn't do much of anything for my hair at all. It made it a little softer, but other than that, nada. I think the alcohol in it dried my hair out a bit. And it smells like old lady perfume. Would not repurchase.

ETA: I rarely blow dry or straighten my hair, but I recently did for the first time in a year and I tried this on my puffy, blow-dried hair. This added some silkiness and took out some of the puff, so it's not totally useless. Still can't stand the smell though. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Since I chemically ravage my hair and change up the color extremely frequently (I am currently at a lovely pastel pink and my natural is dark/med brown), although my fine hair is in a pixie I need serums and leave ins like my longer, coarser haired cohorts. It just sucks everything up and is dead and lifeless with nothing. So I heard such good things about this stuff I went and got the little 2 oz bottle to try. Well a little drop works wonders! My dry frazzled strands, short as they are, look like luxurious soft shiny healthy HAIR with this stuff! I put in wet or dry. It does not add any grease (although I am able to use straight up coconut oil to the root). I do not just use at the ends since my hair basically is all ends haha. I do not think this would serve well with fine, HEALTHY hair (I think it might grease it up, only use sparingly at ends maybe), but if your hair is fine as well as dry&damaged it just transforms it. I could imagine ppl w long thick hair using more and it working awesome! This is full of 'cones it's certainly no pure argan oil or anything; make sure to clarify occasionally so the silicones don't build up. They can cause build up that not only feels bad but also prohibits deep treatments from taking effect since it like seals the hair shaft. Paul Mitchell shampoo 3 is a great clarifier. I will use this forever!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by belizabeth7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this product for almost 10 years. It smells so good & lasts forever! Even though it is a little pricey I feel it's worth it as good as it works and as long as it lasts. You only need a little bit of product to get the job done! The smell alone would make it worth it! Plus you can use it on your skin to soften in place of lotion (:

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by peachez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product was recommended to me by my girlfriend who works as a stylist. She has chemically treated hair and swore by it as the perfect leave-in treatment. I personally dislike leave-in treatments because they tend to be heavy, give my hair an oily look, and only temporary relief, sometimes not at all. However, after one too many dye jobs I decided to take the plunge and purchase a bottle of this product. I think I have found my holy grail leave-in treatment! I use a coin sized amount every night and wake up with smooth, silky ends. After working it into your hair, your hair might feel a little greasy, but this feeling goes away as soon as your hair absorbs the product. There is no lasting heaviness, and it does not leave your hands greasy; all the product is easily deposited on your hair. This product has a strong "salon" smell, but I like it so it does not bother me. Ultimately, it does what it promises and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by Amandarosemua

I have been using this stuff for at least 10 years. It's amazing. A bit pricey but lasts forever!! Makes my hair so soft and shiny and tames the frizz(I have a lot lol). The smell is sooo amazing too!! I think I'll use biosilk forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not the typical user of Silk Therapy. I have short, fine, thin hair. But a tiny dab tames the flyaways and gives me healthy shiny hair. You can read the article I wrote about it at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/11/glossy-hair-is-golden.html#more