Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder! Its such a fabulous product for the price & will last you a very, very long time. I been wanting to try this product for years & when I tried it I fell in love! It performs like a high end product & its relatively available. One thing I dont care for is the scent. It smells like Noxzema face wash, but I could look past it. Another thing is a little goes a very long way! Its lightweight as well. A light dusting will get the job done. If you apply too much product it WILL get cakey & look over powdery. However its great for baking 👍. It does have tiny specks of glitter but its very shuttle. If you have very oily skin like me, you will love this product! It controls oil very well, & last very long.It didnt break me out so Im glad. My skin can be sensitive but my skin had no negative reaction to the powder. I applied the powder after I put my foundation on & it looked flawless. I took a nap & I tend to get oily afterwards but it still looked great & didnt have to touch up. The packaging can be improved with the lid being very delicate but that's not a con for me. Overall I really think this product is a definite holy grail item. Try it out, for 6$ its worth a try.

This product ends up looking cakey on my face, however I do counteract it with my PIxi Dewy Glow Mist, thus kept using it. However, I've noticed I'm disliking it more and more due to the strong scent. It didn't bug me at first, but the more I use it the more noticeable it is to the point of giving me a headache. Also, it weirdly causes me to have a runny nose....
However, this may be better for someone with oily skin and not sensitive to scents because it does help your makeup stay on longer.

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Listen, I probably have every pressed and loose powder in my current arsenal or in my past. This one has intrigued me for a few months. I decided to purchase it - $5.99 at Target. It has that 80's Covergirl smell that I find comforting. I wear MAC NW45 so I purchased this in the color Honey. This has lots of shimmer in it and ends up looking beautiful on my skin! I used this to 'bake' my undereye concealer and it came out beautiful! I've also used it on my entire face to set foundation with good results. Nothing will keep my oil from breaking through but this just gives me such a glow with the tiny golden shimmers. An excellent product I would gladly pay triple for, this is highly underrated. The only loose setting powder I can travel with because the powder puff keeps the powder in check and below the sifter. I will be repurchasing as long as they make this.

This powder is interesting. Unlike other powders I've used, this one goes on the skin and changes the color of your skin to a beautiful youthful glow I don't even know how to explain it. The smell is a little strong, but after you've applied it you can't smell it anymore. I've stopped using it only for now since I'm very dark this summer, so I use this to set my under eye concealer. Love this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually used to own this powder years ago, but I decided to buy it again at Ulta during a BOGO50% sale a few months ago, because I needed a cheap loose powder to use for "baking" under the eyes. Just as I remember from when I bought it the first time around, it has that signature Noxzema scent of Cover Girl products, and a plastic sifter that seems a bit flimsy. It also comes with a powder puff, which I immediately took out because I will never use it. Instead, I apply this powder with a foam wedge sponge for use under the eyes, and a powder brush for the rest of the face.

When used for baking concealer under the eyes, this powder works quite nicely. It sets my Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser concealer to a flawless finish. The shade Translucent Fair looks good whether I am pale or tan. It has yellow undertones, whereas Translucent Light looks more pink/peach. While I generally prefer the convenience of a pressed powder, I'd buy this again even if I were to use it only under the eyes.

I have tried several powders and this one is excellent. Please don't think it is a cheap product because of the price (that's just an added bonus!). I love that I finally found a powder that doesn't make me look overly powdered and dull. This will set your makeup without the loss of the radiance that you want to keep in your look. I do find that a brush works better than the included puff.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have never heard anyone talk about this powder before and it works amazingly well for me! HG status. I use it to set my foundation (it creases as an under eye setting powder) and I find it controls oil better than any other powder (including Rimmel Stay Matte, which is garbage). I've never noticed the smell before--it just smells faintly like powder. I don't think that I use very much because the same container will last me about 2 years with 5 day/wk use.
This powder in combination with Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation works better to control my oil for 15+ hours than anything else.

I have been using this powder for several years and I love it! I have oily skin with large pores which makes finding a foundation very difficult, so most days I just put concealer on any spots and then use this powder. I like the coverage - it evens out my skin and looks really natural, and I like that my freckles still show through. I also have sensitive and acne-prone skin and this has never been an issue, and I've been using it almost every day for years. I've read that people have an issue with the smell, but I actually really like the smell of this. I Highly recommend this if you're looking for a good loose powder.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This formula works fine for me, but I prefer pressed powder simply because it's much less messy to use. This stuff gets all over the place, and I'm kinda klutzy. It's like a Three Stooges scene sometimes. And sometimes I forget to dress AFTER putting my makeup on, and I have to change. And I like to take my powder with me.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I have no issue with the smell, and it kind of bothers me that people are rating the product on the smell alone, as opposed to its ability to do its job. I personally like the smell. And this powder definitely does the job.
My coworker recommended this to me when I was telling her that I was looking for a loose powder- I HATE pressed powders, they always look awful on my skin. For $6.99 this powder definitely does the job. It really gives my face this natural look when I'm done putting on my concealer or foundation. I think it's a bit closer to my skin tone than the concealers/foundations so it really helps to make it look like I'm not wearing makeup. It goes on very light and it's easy to blend if you accidentally put too much on, but that's pretty hard to do since this powder is so fine. Will definitely repurchase.

Recommended for Normal Skin