July 29, 2014 | 1907 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Glenadam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a loose powder so I bought this and It didn't work on me, I liked it at first but the color oxidized on my skin, it was chalky, and I was shiny after just a couple hours. It was also sparkly,

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Icanhelpyouwithmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Right off the bat, I'm gonna say it. The packaging is horrible. The lid cracked, so now I can't travel with this, the sifter doesn't come out, which I don't really like, and the lid can come off without warning. Aside from that, I truly love this product. I started using this product about a year ago when my other covergirl pressed powder was empty. I mean it only had specs of product left. My mother had been using this product so I tried hers to see if I liked it. At first I thought it was meh but now I can't live without it! It's so light but keeps my face matte and keeps my makeup in place all day long. Honestly, I would recommend this product to anyone who had second thoughts about it. I have mine in translucent light but there is also one other color, I believe. Something I do understand is a problem is that this powder wouldn't work for skin colors other than fair to light. I happen to have very fair skin so this product works great, but for skin colors that are even a little tan, they might look like Casper the ghost. Keep in mind that I do have normal to sensitive skin. My mother does have dry skin though so this works for dry skin also. Do note also that if you apply too much or with the wrong foundation, you will get a powdery and cakey look and no one got time for dat! So if you have normal, combo, or sensitive skin, you have light skin, get this! Also, this product has an amazing smell. I can't describe it but it sure doesn't smell like makeup. <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Terrible stuff. This is the only powder I've ever bought that went into a garbage can the same day I bought it.

The pros: it's cheap. For me, that was it.

The cons: smells awful (think old dusty violets, talcum powder, sour cream, expired dollar store perfume - bleghh). The lid literally fell off several times in the 5 minutes it takes for me to apply powder and place it with the rest of my make-up which is 2 metres or less away from my mirror. That thing flat out refuses to stay on. All the shades I tried looked peachy, orange, pink or just ashy - even the translucent. Oh, and SPARKLEY. And I don't mean that soft, subtle pretty luminousity - I mean like glitter slapped on the face. Since it is so dusty and flies all over the place, I had glitter on my hands, my mirror. . .everywhere it should not be. It didn't mattify, nor even set my make-up. It's grainey and looks like you are wearing hella powder, in real life and especially in pictures. No thanks.

Avoid this at all costs. I'm really not sure who this would look good on - but there are many better DS powders to try with better textures and no scent - so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Try CoverGirl's Advanced Radiance powder instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

I've been using loose powder for over 17 years. I really didn't like this one. Yet somehow I used the whole thing. I only realized how poor it was when I started using something new. This powder did not last. Within two hours of application I was shiny. I thought it was just the nature of my combination skin. I now use Revlon photoready and my shine stays away for hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is horrible. It looks like I rubbed my face in glitter, the packaging is horrible and tends to spill. Smells kind of like baby powder, and it cakes up my hole face and looks like a powdery mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Bad colour, bad smell, bad packaging. I'm going from memory here as I last bought and used this around 3 years ago. They may have updated the formula and colour, but going off Covergirl's website I don't think the packaging has changed. I was so turned off by my previous experience that I won't ever repurchase this.

I bought translucent. HA, yeah right! It was an orangey-brown shade of beige, and I am very pale. Not translucent at all, it looked very obvious on my skin. I think only light/medium to medium complexions could use this as a translucent powder. The first time I used it, it looked so dark that I wiped it off and vowed to never use it again. I gave it to my sister who is darker than me, a medium complexion.

The smell is a little cloying. It doesn't smell fresh or sweet, or even very pleasant. It has quite a strong perfume that smells musky to me. Very old lady.

The packaging is terrible. Yes you get a generous amount in the tub and there are enough decent sized sifter holes, but the lid slides on and off. There is no twisting or locking mechanism, so this is not travel friendly at all. It's not even good as a stay-at-home product, in my opinion. Because of the crappy packaging, you have to be mindful to pick it up from the bottom every time. My sister told me that the first and only time she used it while getting ready for work, she absentmindedly picked it up from the top. The lid came right off and the tub fell on the floor, spilling powder everywhere. She was extremely pissed off that she had to wipe off her mirror and vanity, vacuum the floor and get changed before rushing out the door.

Oh and it comes with a fluffy puff. I never used it (I use a brush with loose powder), but some people might like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Sherwithans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this. I love the smell, colour, and the price. Haha. This is a great setting powder. Absolutely love it and it lasts forever !!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by courtney16spicer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this powder for 2 months now and I've only worn it 3 times, because every time I've worn it I've broken out really badly. Another thing I really hated about this is the smell- I cannot get past it- it smells really old and, this sounds bad but, like an old lady. When I applied the product I used less than I normally use and I still seemed to look a bit cakey. The applicator it came with was really terrible, a little furry puff that makes it impossible to spread or use (the benefit is that it fits inside the tub nicely so it's good to carry around). I really wanted to like this because it's so much cheaper compared to my normal one ($8 at Kmart).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this awhile ago and it was basically the worst powder I've ever tried. I am by no means oily but I literally was shiny like 10 minutes after I applied it. Also, it made me look super gray and ashy. It kinda looked like I push fireplace ashes all over my face and ruined the color of my foundation. This stuff is cheap and for a reason. Maybe it's also a contributing factor that I'm not a huge fan of loose powders...but this stuff is a total miss for me. I also HATE the packaging, the lid constantly falls off so there's no way I could bring this with me in my bag or my purse. I have tried way better powders for the same price if not cheaper.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Typically with trans loose powders I like to really pat a lot into my skin because I need the extra oil absorption. I can't do that with this powder; it's true to being translucent but will impart some color, possibly changing the color of your foundation. (I'm wondering if maybe I just got the wrong color, even though the online guide told me which on to pick.) I do like how light and airy it feels, though.

I bought Translucent Medium and I find it comes off a little too pinky on my olive skin. Yet on the back of my hand, it looks quite yellowish. Therefore, I typically use this very lightly as a finishing powder, and in this way I cannot say what it does for oil absorption. (I will experiment more with this and post my findings another time...)

I don't mind the packaging and think it's pretty. I've also never broken the lid (I must be lucky) and use it as a dispensing dish with each use. (It would be nice if it was a screwtop lid.) This powder does contain glittery particles in it, but they don't really show up in an annoyingly hideous way. It looks nice.

Overall, I think this is a nice translucent colored powder that, at the very least, will work great as a finishing powder, or shine reducer on glorious bare skin. It's relatively cheap and worth the try, anyway.

UPDATE: I upped my rating for this. I did buy this in the lightest (Trans Fair) color and it works great with my faded tan winter skin. Don't use this for extra coverage but sets my foundation wonderfully. I love this drugstore powder.