Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme [DISCONTINUED]

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Rose Water, Sunflower Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Bees Wax, Vegetable Glycerin, Seasame Oil, Shea Butter, Macadamia Nut Oil, Glucose, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Lavender Oil, Willow Bark Extract, Calendula Flower Extract, Plantain Leaf Extract, Lady's Mantle Leaf Extract, Rose Oil, Neroli Oil, Borage Oil, Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Rosemary Extract, Vegetable Oil, Beta Carotene, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase (Natural Enzymes)

on 6/28/2013 10:15:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I rather dislike this stuff and ended up giving it away, the aluminum packaging is a pain to work with and in the end you get greasy product that smells awful and takes forever to soak in, don't waste your time or money buying this...

on 4/2/2013 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got a full size tube of this hand cream in a Burt's Bees kit, so it equaled out to have cost me $2.40. I am not fond of the scent or the packaging, but as for the product, I really like it. The scent will probably grow on me, it's more of an herbal scent, not bad but not great.
At first, it's thick and greasy but absorbs rather quickly. I have been using it also on my dry, cracked heels with much success. They still feel smooth and it's been about 24 hours since my last application! I give it a thumbs up.

on 1/21/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the only hand cream that I have found effective. I live in a cold climate, my skin is very dry and also there are constant drastic temperature changes at work (the last one is usually in the winter time). My hands were usually very very dry, already bleeding. I tried different products and home made stuff, but nothing worked.

This product is just amazing! It absorbs really well and quick, it's not greasy. It keeps hands soft throughout the day. Also, there is no need to apply a lot of the product, but it does run out quickly. Guess I have been using a bit too much for one time.

I don't really like the packaging, the first time I opened the tube, the cream didn't even come out. Maybe it was just because it was new or something, because right now I don't really have a problem with getting it out of the tube, the consistency is really nice, but the packaging could be better.

The smell doesn't bother me, but I'm going to be honest, it's horrible. But it doesn't stay on long and I got used to it quickly.

I said I would buy again, but it's actually more of a maybe. I bought this to moisturize at night with under cotton gloves, so I was looking for a really super thick formula to slather on. It goes on think and luxurious, leaving your hands super greasy at first (which is what I was looking for) but I found that once it's absorbed, my hands don't really feel all that different. I've had better luck with l'occitane lavendar hand cream, that always leaves my hands feeling amazing.

So, I like that it's natural, and when going on it feels like it will be super duper moisturising, but in the morning they don't feel all that much improved. If you're looking for an all natural intensive moisturiser, you might be better off with olive oil or something of the sort.

on 7/13/2012 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I need to get more of this stuff! In the winter my hands get super dry to the point where my knuckles turn red. This cream made my hands so soft and moisturized, and the texture of this cream is unlike any other. The first time I used it, I knew this meant serious business. It's so thick and creamy! The smell is another story that I'm not so crazy about. I don't think its terrible, but I'm not very fond of it. I'm also not fond of the cost, but what can you do?

on 6/25/2012 2:13:00 PM

I got this as a present as part of a set. The smell is amazingly AWFUL, I don't even care if it is a good lotion (it isn't). I thought I'd use it up, but my husband was disgusted by the smell and it seemed that he barely wanted to sleep next to me when I put it on. Thankfully the smell mostly wore off by bedtime.

If you want people to stay away from you or keep asking what that weird smell is, then this one's for you.

on 4/23/2012 3:33:00 PM

I guess I'm lucky because my hands never get dry, but I received this as a gift and wanted to try it out. I've tried some other hand creams here and there just to soften my hands a little, but they were all so greasy and took forever to sink in. This one is no exception.
I like the squeeze tube, but this cream is pretty thick and hard to get out. I've also noticed some separation problems, where sometimes a blob of oil will come out before the lotion. The cream spreads easily and you don't need much to cover both of your hands (I use maybe a dime-sized amount).
I know the number one reason people hate this product is the smell. Honestly, I have no issue with the scent. To me it smells like pure lavender oil (not synthetic lavender smells) with some other florals mixed in. I think it's a nice, herbally scent, though it's strong, but I find the smell fades after an hour or so. But I know some people who absolutely hate this smell. I used it at my boyfriend's house once and he was going on and on about how terrible it smelled until I washed it off. So obviously, this scent is not for everyone.
My biggest problem with this hand cream is that it takes soooo long to sink in. Immediately after applying, my hands feel very sticky and greasy. I thought it would fade after a few minutes, but my hands don't feel normal for over an hour after applying! It's kind of impossible to do anything after using this...you'll get greasy marks on your keyboard or computer mouse, a pen or pencil will slip out of your fingers, if you touch your hair it'll get greasy, and it's kind of impossible to open a doorknob. Once this finally sinks in, it does feel nice. Like I said, I don't suffer from dry or chapped hands in any way, but this makes my hands very soft and smooth.
I'll continue to use this up, mostly at night before bed so it can just sink in when I sleep. But overall, I'm disappointed with this hand cream and just about every other hand cream I've tried as well.

on 4/3/2012 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My sister gave me this for my birthday because I was complaining of eczema patches on my hands... obviously without smelling the stuff first.

Seriously...?! What the hell were they thinking creating this product? This is the most obnoxious, awful-smelling cream in the history of cosmetics. It was so bad I thought 'if it stinks this bad, surely it must at least work?' but my boyfriend literally kicked my out of bed when I wanted to get in with this stuff on my hands...! He made me go wash it off or sleep on the couch, it was that bad. I could hardly blame him.

So yeah, maybe this stuff does work but I didn't use it often enough to be able to tell because I can't get over the stench. Even my cat hissed at me when I had it on and tried to pet him :(

Anyone looking for a great shea butter, super rich hand cream that really works wonders: I can recommend l'Occitane. Smells a lot friendlier, same sort of metallic-y tube that looks pretty and fancy and it also has loads of shea butter and no foul stench.

on 3/18/2012 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very very thick hand creme, really does have the consistency of a stick of butter. It is difficult to squeeze out of the tube, it takes forever to sink in and doesn't smell great, sort of medically. I can only use this at night because it's too thick for during the day and takes too long to absorb. It doesn't seem to be any better than an average cheaper handcream. Not worth the price for an average product, would not repurchase.

on 2/28/2012 6:38:00 PM

I purchased this in a Burt's Bees sample set and have a 14g tube and have been using it in the past month or so. It has a herbally smell which did not turn me off but the greasy feeling after applying it that I don't like. It doesn't seem to be absorbed by the skin and just sits there till it is rubbed off when you use your hands. I actually see cream finger print marks on my keyboard after slathering this on! Considering how heavy this cream is I would expect my hands to be moisturised but unfortunately they are still dry and liney even after applying this. There are better hand lotions in the market, so far the L'Occitane shea butter hand cream is still the best for me.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products