October 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Blush - Scott Barnes - Chic Palette in Samba [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know this line has been discontinued for some time but I still love this blush palette I got several years ago. I can't bear to part with it because the colours are so beautiful and the texture is heavenly.

I'll blend all three colours and lightly dust the apples of my cheeks for a warm glow or else use the individual colours based on what I'm wearing that day.
    For that extra warm glow, I'll use this with a bronzer or add it on top of a complimentary cream blush to make it last longer.

I love that the palette is matte too. Great colour combination for warm toned ladies (Asian, NC30/C3) or if you have a cool, pale complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by betseyjohnson77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love all the chic palettes,this is #2 right behinf the honey palette for me..when i ran out of my honey i turned to this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by UrbanHibiscus

Eh. pretty coral-pinkcolors yes. But you have to be veryy careful as they are quite pigmented. With the hype surrounding this product at the time of purchase, I think I expected more. I have yet to find a palette of SB's that I love. Works well with bronzer though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by Goddessa82

This the best blush i`ve ever tried.. i have samba and posh.. they are Gorgeous.. i love it!
    But it seems to me that other colors are sold out every where! anybody knows where to find other color?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by glossybrowneyes

This is a beeeautiful palette. It comes in three corally/peachy/pinky shades. They are bright, but when used with a light hand complments skin beautifully. A wonderful contrast to pink blushes that sometimes get lost or can look too natural. It really makes skin glow without much glitter/shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2007 9:13:00 AM More reviews by MonkeyBelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wouldn't buy it again only because I can't imagine ever hitting pan.

I love the diversity of the colors in this palette, and I recently rediscovered it (I've had it for almost a year, I think) after reading a review where someone layered one of the colors over a cream blush. Voila, what a glow!

I am thoroughly impressed with the 2 Scott Barnes products I own (I also have the chocolate e/s). Everything is finely milled and highly pigmented, and the colors are just gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

i have hundreds of blushes and this would be up there with the best. this is the perfect baby pink color (for those of us with fair skin) that brings out cheeks very well and lasts all day. the middle color is the best in my opinion but i really do love them all. skin looks healthy and glowing. love samba!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 11:22:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Wow. Can we say, deceiving? I made a phone order to Holt's Scott Barnes counter (word to the wise, Canadian girls: deal with counter manager Evgeny - pronounced eve-GAIN-ee - amazing service! Hope he's still there; I made this order about a year ago) and ordered this, and a few other things, based entirely on the reviews of a friend. Even I, NARS' Cactus fluorescent-coral-in-the-pan Flower lover, was taken aback when I opened the ever-so-elegant, olive-kissed bronze packaging. Perhaps it was the dim light of my living room, but I couldn't imagine writing a glowing review on this $58 purchase. I put it on, on top of existing blush, and I agreed with some reviewers below - the middle shade felt entirely too pigmented, so I went to bed that night with the fact that I would have to wear ALL the colors mixed together, every time, to get that pretty, subtle glow.

Not the case at all! I tried it on a "fresh" face the following day, determined to make this work the way I'd hoped it would. And with some newly shampooed brushes and Kate Hudson's glow as motivation, I got it. Concealer, then a gentle rub of Cactus Flower (my skin eats up powder blush - I need a cream for it to adhere to), a dusting of powder, and THEN Samba - voila! The Scott Barnes Glow! I find it essential to follow as instructed and wear the darkest shade as a contour, the middle shade for color, and the lightest shade as a highlight.

If you're contemplating Samba at all, or any of the Chic Palettes, I advise you run to your nearest SB counter! A thousand lipsticks and a thousand kisses to Scott Barnes!
    continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2007 4:01:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie08

amazing. this is my 2nd scott barnes blush palette, (i also have honey) and samba gives a perfect rosy glow. it stays on all day- literally. though it may be pricey, you are getting 3 generously sized blushes in a sleek + chic compact, equipped w/ a mirror too. all the colours work well together, and individually... genius.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 11:30:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

On my NC-20 skin, this is a peachy pink. The SYeung's review below is very accurate. I'm not too wild about the corally peach shade on the far left, but the other two shades are gorgeous. I blend them for a soft glow. My only gripe is the compact is a bit too large to carry in my purse, but for the amount of blush you get, the price can't be beat.