December 22, 2014 | 1774 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by YumieLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went on a trip to Korea, and I lost my usual acne spot treatment. So I had to stop by the body shop to see if they had anything for acne. I came upon the tea tree oil and thought," hey, it's tea tree oil, it must work well!" SO WRONG. why? Well because :

1) it's only 15% tea tree oil, so I did not reap any benefits from this. It was so weak.

2) I did not see any results whatsoever. LIKE NONE. My zits actually just got worse, because the tea tree oil literally did nothing and I basically wasn't treating my acne.

3) the packaging is so stupid. When I try to get product out of the glass container, not enough comes out. When I try again, too much comes out, causing me to over use my product and waste money.

I was so excited to try a "natural product" but was left disappointed. If you ladies or gents are trying to use an all natural product that will get rid of your acne ASAP, I recommended buying 100% tea tree oil from your local health food store, or trader joes. It's much better and you'll see results right away. I'm only wishing I had done that, but they don't have many health food stores in Korea around me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by hollyme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something that contained 100% tea tree oil but eventually only this product was available at only 15% tea tree oil :(
And the price was just really way too expensive for such a tiny bottle and to be honest, I don't think it's worth it.

The first day I used it, it didn't really have much of an effect except it reduced redness a little. It didn't really help at all.

And as I continued using it for a couple of days, I've noticed tiny bumps starting to form and cystic acne a little, which I never usually get on a usual basis unless it's my time of the month.

So I'm going to discontinue using it since I'm really suspicous that it's this product that's causing my skin to act this way and I'll be using it if I want to reduce redness, other than that, this product is totally useless and just don't buy this at all. It'll probably save your money as well because this was such a waste :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by dwisfiean4

Been using this product for years now. Like 3 years? It really helps my acne/pimples alot. Incredible! I always use this on my acne & pimples at night and the next day? The bacterias inside the acne (or the pores idk) were reduced the next day i woke up! Sometimes when i use this, it sometimes has the effect and sometimes it doesnt. It cost about $18 in SG (expensive i know lol) Overall, a great product for acne :) p.s I do not recommend to use during daytime bc it can makes ur face oily so recommend to use at night !!! ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kmariad

I bought this product as part of a kit that also contained a face wash, toner, and lotion. It was reasonably price. The packaging is fine. It can come out fast, but it's nothing too difficult to use. For some reason, I was convinced that this would work, so when my skin started to get the worse it has ever been after using this, it never crossed my mind that it could be this. But after my entire face was covered in acne, I finally realized that it had to be this. The day after I stopped using the line of products, my face started clearing up. I'm so disappointed. I had really high expectations and all it did was leave me with a ton of dark spots from the acne it gave me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by wemadetheskyfall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

WOW.

My sister gave me a bit of this stuff to use on my pimples last night. I shrugged and thought, why not? Chance to try something new. Dabbed it on all my spots and went to bed, not really expecting anything.

Next morning my face is visibly clearer and smoother. I was so shocked. This thing is magic! A little really does go a long way, and $10 for a tiny bottle may seem really expensive, but it really works. I banished an angry red pimple to a barely noticable, and flatter one in one day. Within two - three days, there's hardly a trace of it.

The smell is really strong though. I dabbed a little on my chest acne and the smell wafted up to my nose and I could definitely still smell it an hour later. That doesn't matter to me, I personally love the smell. Very rich and warm. Maybe i'm just an oddity on that as it seems other reviewers hate the smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have %100 pure tea tree oil at home, but i never been able to use it on my skin because it has a very strong scent and i was afraid it would dry and irritate my skin. I also didn't know what to dilute it with so it was just sitting there.

Then i came across this one. It has only %15 TTO in it so it doesn't smell as overpowering as the pure stuff. I also like how fast it absorbs into my skin without leaving a residue behind. This makes it very easy to apply day and night, under makeup or moisturizer. I massage a drop of it on my problem areas until it sinks into my skin, which takes seconds.

I recently broke out on the right side of my jaw and i think this product helped reduce the bumps and inflammation. Most of the blemishes dried out and i need less foundation to cover the area.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Sue90114

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this product as I've always read that tea tree oil is great for acne, but I gave it a go and sadly this didn't do a lot for my sensitive skin. My skin tone is quite delicate so I get easily get break outs and my skin gets dry and dull, so I always tend to look out for the right products. I'm currently using one now that I've found but it took me a while through trial and error, but glad my one works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by AimeeVbear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best $6 I ever spent. It was 40% off @ the body shop last time i went(regular priced at $10). So far I've used it for 2 weeks and it works so well! Usually products sting then break you out, but this teatree oil doesn't. It feels cool and sometimes sting when you put it on(especially if there are open pimples), but the size of zits are drastically reduced. <3 I use it every night since the day I got it. 1/3 of the bottle is gone already so it doesn't really last too long, but I put the product quite liberally all over my pimple area(my forehead) after I moisturize. I pour it directly on my forehead because I find there's no point for me to put it on a cotton swab and then press it on my pimples to make the liquid come out of the cotton swab, which can irritate pimples. The little bottle already comes with a tiny nozzle that controls the amount that comes out. So i just drip 3-4 drops on my forehead. I am very cautious of getting it in my eyes though because the smell tells me it would sting like a b-----. C: One downside I would have to say is that it isn't pure teatree oil. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by kikinokoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read a lot of the reviews here on makeupalley first about the tea tree oil by The Body Shop and found that despite all the good claims and ravings about the product, it sounded too good to be true, and thus I felt a little skeptical. Furthermore I read a lot of complaints about the tea tree oil being only like 15% (correct me if I'm wrong, sorry!) actual tea tree oil. So, still wanting to find a product that would quickly and effectively take care of my break outs, I decided to buy the Tea Tree Oil Starter Kit sold by The Body Shop, so I would have a chance to try out all their products together, and oh, my, goodness. Let me tell you a thing, friend. This tea tree oil stuff is, amazing. Using a cotton pad (using a q-tip would have been so much better, but we were currently out), I applied a small amount of the tea tree oil to my acne and scars, after applying my toner, and after minutes I could feel my acne going down???? My skin felt smoother and softer, and in no time at all with repeated use each night before bed, where applied my acne was taken care of! I've already finished the bottle and tempted to go and buy another one!

However, having said that there are some things to be wary of. First of all, the smell isn't all too pleasant. I know a lot of people complain about it, however personally over time I came to quite like it, despite my intial dislike of it. The oil does burn your face a little, especially where you may have acne, so if you have very sensitive and easily irritatable skin, I reccomend you dilute the oil in the cap with some water (so if you use three drops, put it in the cap with a few drops of water!) Futhermore, the product is actually quite drying to the skin, however that's easily fixable, I usually used their tea tree skin clearing lotion (also quite drying!) and a moisturizing serum at night, in the day I used a moisturizing serum and physical sunscreen, which was more than enough to put the moisture back in my skin! Also, even though you only need a little bit of the stuff (two to three drops per application was more than enough), the price is quite expensive for such a small bottle!

All in all however I am pretty pleased with the product! Definitely would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Tea Tree Oil from The Body Shop as part of Tea Tree Skin Care Kit. The kit is on sale for $17.50 from $25. The oil alone is $9.50. I swear by this! The VERY first time I used it, I saw results. Another reviewer wrote: "I dot some on my blemishes at night & in the morning they are visibly reduced." My sister had the same results, too.

What I do is apply this is with a Q-tip directly on my breakouts. This tea tree oil can be used directly on skin or for facial steaming. This doesn't dry out my skin & it really does take care of my acne & blemishes. I know this doesn't sound believable, but this actually worked faster than Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Facial Wash!

My only complaint is that it's small for its price. Unfortunately, even though it's way too expensive, I know I'm going to keep buying it because I love & need it. It is a must have for people suffering with acne. This spot treatment is everything I want & more. HIGHLY recommend.