November 21, 2014 | 1973 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up for my chapped lips 3 days ago, completely forgetting that I usually use coconut oil (Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin) every winter to combat the dryness on my lips, face and upper arms.
It works okay. Its nothing special really. I got the eucalyptus one. It smells terrible. It goes on thickly and leaves a white film on my lips. Basically a waste of 6 bucks.
I'm going back to my coconut oil. I slather the stuff all over my upper arms and lips every evening in the winter. My eczema doesn't show up on my upper arms when I do this. The moisture barrier on my lips is retained throughout winter thanks to coconut oil. My face never gets a dry spot and all it needs is a tiny little bit of coconut oil massaged in.
Sorry Burt's Bees but your product is unimpressive and mediocre at best. Ladies and gents please check out coconut oil if u struggle with dry skin or lips every winter.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It's alright, I don't think it was brought down from the heavens in the hands of a Lip Balm Angel though. It smells nice and keeps my lips soft for a bit, but it does nothing to actually condition my lips or prevent future chapping.
But FYI, my lips are moderately chapped and dry most times of the year (I live in a desert region), so that might be why.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by swtlitchi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I continue to repurchase Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm over and over again, and have for the past 13 years... I think that the best appeal to me is the tingling sensation and the smell of peppermint that gives me a nostalgic feeling back to high school. That being said, Burt's Bees isn't actually the most effective in regards to it's mosturizing qualities. It does a fair job at moisturizing my lips, as they don't get too chapped. I like that I can swipe this across my lips 3-4 times and I still feel like I haven't overapplied an excess amount of product- it doesn't give me a slippery and greasy feel like I have with some other lip balm types that I own.

When comparing this to another product, I like Aquaphor's lip balm better for the actual purpose of moisturizing my lips. However, I just can't seem to stop buying the Burt's Bees.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by babylima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i like its tingly sensation and beewax smell but this is not moisturizing at all. not recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Hafsaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this lip balm for the past 10 years. It is my go to lip balm and I can't live without it! I used to have horribly dry lips when I was young and I even developed a red ring around my lips in the winter time due to dryness. I started using this lip balm and it got rid of my dryness problems instantly. This is such an amazing lip balm, it gives you a minty fresh feeling after you put it on and you don't have to keep reapplying throughout the day, which is another thing I love about this product. A couple years ago I experiment and tried out other lip balms like EOS and Nivea but sure enough I came back to this one. Nothing beats the Burt's Bee's formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by jlhorne

I have a very turbulent relationship with Burt's Bees products; literally every product I've tried of theirs has been drying, greasy, foul-smelling, and overpriced.

Except for this one lip balm.

Seriously, it's like Burt's Bees was endowed with this one formula for the perfect lip balm as some sort of cosmic apology for the mounds of crap they seem to make. This lip balm has a lovely, minty scent, and glides so smoothly over my lips. It's non-greasy, super moisturizing, and I only have to apply it every couple of hours because it lasts a long time.

Sure, the price is up there, but I personally believe it pays for itself for how little I have to apply it. I used to use chapstick and while it did its job, I had to reapply a lot so I ended up having to buy a lot. I seriously buy Burt's Bees lip balm in bulk and keep a stick in every purse and wallet I own.

My lips have found a friend in this one Burt's Bees lip balm. Everything else is crap though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by xokatana

I'm rating this for my boyfriend. He always complained about the lip balms I got for him being too glossy and he wouldn't wear it. That's when I remembered this formula is completely non-greasy or glossy. Perfect for men. I bought him the eucalyptus mint one! He gives it 4 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sbender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Not that moisturizing! Not my favorite lip balm. Need to apply it very often, which I personally dislike.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by dianale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this product so many times! I love it makes my lips soft but not greasy

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Immissvixen