April 18, 2014 | 1966 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Tea Tree line

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Kristenhonto

First, my hair type: thin and oily. When I first used this (the Lavender/Mint shampoo), I loved it. It didn't weigh my hair down and left it soft. However, after a few weeks of using this it has left a buildup on my scalp and does not clean very well anymore. It's a shame because I really wanted to like this. Has that "earthy" lavender smell which didn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by kaylaj05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my boyfriend had this in his shower, so I tried it...and loved it! I live in Texas, and the humidity makes my hair lifeless and greasy pretty quickly. this shampoo battles that pretty well. it thoroughly cleans my hair and doesn't weigh it down. the conditioner has the same effect. I looked to buy some of my own, but it's really expensive; that's really the only downfall

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

When I had an oily scalp, when I lived in Texas where its very hot and humid depending on where you are, when I felt like I had to take more than one shower just for my hair....THIS was heaven in my shower!

It left my hair clean, refreshed, smelling minty and stayed that way for good while. I love the feeling of scrubbing it on my head and feeling the cool tingles. There were always specials on this shampoo so I tried my best to buy it then. Its a little pricy but I always got such big bottles they would last forever.

I never paired it with the conditioner although the conditioner most of the time came with the shampoo. The conditioner is not as good as the shampoo. If I felt like my hair was super oily, greasy, dirty like from playing volleyball on a Texas summer day, THEN I would use the conditioner. It also has the same properties as the shampoo.

Shampoo definitely worth the buy. Even if you dont have an oily scalp, the feeling and smell from this shampoo is worth trying! Its addicting!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Jmesa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best Cleanser Ever. I had used coconut oil for a DIY hair mask that left my hair GREASY as pizza cheese and limp of all life. One wash and POOF! All grease is gone. ive been using it since. It feels a little streaky when you finish washing it but when i blow dry and add products it feels just fine. Its not harsh (can be a daily cleanser i think)

Smells amazing if you like minty scents. i love his lines. They have all done me justice.

I GIVE THIS 5 LIP MARKS!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by 247swimchick9

My hair is very dry, frizzy, thin, and my scalp easily gets oily. I bought this as a set for $40, which for me is pretty pricey, but hey, ads are easily persuasive, what can i say. I take the shampoo and gently massage my scalp with it, not toughing the ends. Then I wash it out, letting the soap glide down the rest of my hair. Then I put the conditioner all over my hair, including my scalp (I never used to do this, but with this set, I really like the outcome). If you have dry frizzy thin hair, when you let this air dry, it looks very frizzy and feels dry--BUT after about half an hour of letting it dry, it then becomes smooth, and my hair feels great. Weird I know, but I like it. I also love the smell, it smells very pepperminty and fresh. Also, this does not make my scalp oily, meaning I can take a shower every other day instead of everyday. But for $40 I think I can find something better.

Pros:
-smells great (peppermint) tea tree
-doesn't make hair oily
-softens my hair

Cons
-$40
-I have spilt ends, I wish this could make my ends feel softer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by TorieButterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing for my oily, sensitive scalp. I've been able to wash my hair every 2 days instead of every other day. It control oil and helps me now have to wash my hair as often, along with no more itching. All the other shampoos I've used have broken me out, made me extremely oily, or did a combination of both. If you have either one of those issues, then definitely give this a try! (Don't buy the conditioner. It's more drying than moisturizing. I use Redken All Soft and Redken Smooth Lock intensive treatment instead for conditioners.) I hope this helped someone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by dd43537

I purchased this product after my hairdresser washed my hair with it in the salon. I was so relaxed by the fragrance and feel of it. The way the product feels on the scalp is AMAZING. It has a cooling effect that is very relaxing. My head continued to feel good when she dried my hair, and for awhile afterwards.

I purchased the product to use once in awhile as a treat, because it felt so good.

I do not intend to use it on a daily basis, so I cannot attest to the long term impact it has on hair. All I know is it feels great!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by JamieKnowsBest

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to admit, this does dry out you hair a little bit. However, it makes my dull hair shine like the sun! My hair is soooo shiny! The only bad things is that it's a bit pricy but understandable, and it does dry it out a little bit I have oily hair anyway so I kinda need that :) give it a try, just with a good conditioner!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by mozollalla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily scalp and very fine fhair that always tangled. When i went to the salon, the hairdresser reconmended me this product which is suitable for people with problematic scalp. And it does not come cheap! $40 for a 300 ml bottle, its crazy. In fact when i went home and started using it, it was fine for like 1.5 weeks but after that my scalp started getting those little bumps on it. At first i thought maybe i was not used to it. But after using it for about 3 Weeks, i started flaking!!! And my scalp feels so itchy! No way am i going to buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by almost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this product line out after my boyfriend mentioned he wanted to try a tea tree shampoo for his dry scalp. I remembered seeing rave reviews on Amazon and decided to give it a go. This is the best shampoo/conditioner I've tried in awhile for my long thick hair. It prevents buildup and keeps my hair from looking dull. I do use other products to fight frizz but I like how clean my hair feels! I tend to wash my hair every other day. I recommend!