November 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by mskilicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Update Nov 09 - my skin is apparently now sensitive to this fdtn. Not sure why my reaction to it has changed, but it causes little bumps on the skin surface and nasty blemishes if worn for 2 days in a row. Very sad. Now using Chanel Vitalumiere (liquid) or Chante New Stick instead. Overall star rating amended to 3 (from 5) and repurchase to No.

Original review:
Ok, just want to start by stating that for me, this is The One, total HG.

The texture is a light gel, goes on fantastically smoothly and blends wonderfully (I use the Mac 190se from Heirlooms). You need only the smallest amount for your whole face. It *is* expensive (£49 UK, cheaper in the States), but for the finish and cost per use I think it's worth it.

I was matched in store to Ivory, which is the lightest cool toned shade. It is a perfect match. You know how in magazines they say to only apply fdtn where you need it - well whenever I've tried this it's always obvious where fdtn is and where it's not - with Future Skin it works. It blends absolutely seamlessly. The coverage is neither excessively dewy nor matte - it genuinely looks like "my skin but better". Smoothes out my skin tone, makes me look radiant and just "healthier". It smoothes blemishes but won't cover them totally, you will need concealer for obvious blemishes. If you have very problematic skin this may not have full enough coverage for you. It really is a better version of your skin, not a mask.

Since getting this, I've tried the fdtns I used to use and every one looks unnatural now I have this as a benchmark, seriously. They all look heavy, or too glowy or too matte, or whatever. My favourite before this was Chanel Vitalumiere Creme and the finish of that compared to Future Skin is just so mask-like.

I think it would be hard not to find a perfect match - there are four tiers of light-dark and each tier has three colour options for cool, warm and neutral tones. I'm not sure about very pale or very dark skin though. I would strongly suggest being matched in store - I would have defaulted to the lightest neutral shade (Alabaster) but turns out my skin actually suits the lightest cool one - Ivory.

For reference (from lightest to darkest)
Cool: Ivory, Nude, Hazel, Suntan
Neutral: Alabaster, Vanilla, Shea, Wheat
Warm: Camomile, Cream, Sand, Banana

I'd also like to say to the reviews below that say BB's Luminous is a dupe, if you can get as perfect colour match in BB then go for it. However, BB fdtns err to the warm side IME, so for cooler-toned ladies like me, you may not have such luck.

The one thing I'd change is the packaging. It comes in a glass jar with no spatula which I think shd definitely be included. Also, when you first get it, the consistency of the product is such that it sticks to the plastic disc that sits over the jar underneath the lid. Not sure what would work better but this can be messy and fiddly to open. Maybe a tube?

Overall, and packaging aside, for me this is absolute HG. ♥

My winter skin: dry, light and cool toned. Best matches are Chanel 20 Clair, Chantecaille Ivory, BB Alabaster, Mac NW20ish.

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: I love it !! I have been using this everyday and really achives what I am looking for, a mild foundation that doesn't give my skin an orange colour finish and it's gorgeous on my Dry Skin also the Gel makes it so refreshing, I adore this Fndt! between this and By Terry I found the two that gave me a nice skin w/o looking like I am wearing a mask and the coverage is medium to minimal, so I need a concealer for a better finish... I will buy it again !

....................................................
I had to write down the Ingredients from the pot because I could not find it in their *non existent* website (so excuse any typos, the letters are rather small). I wrote them for personal reference towards my Sunscreen Ingredients.

I will do a proper review when I finished the Jar. but I really like it so far.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylyparaben, Propylparaben (+/- Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica)
........................................................

Skin Ref: MAC *NC30*. Chantecaille *Vanilla*, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer *Sand*, Chanel *Beige*, By Terry *Apricot Light* #4.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by discerningbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been a lurker. This is my first review. I have found my HG foundation. My shade is vanilla. Finding the shade for my skintone was more then half the battle. I admit I have near perfect skin. This product bumps it up to flawless. I am normal to dry, slightly oily t-zone and light freckles. I tried this at NM in Palo Alto. The counter mgr Amy has been great. She gave me a generous sample to try and by the way she is a great makeup artist. I have since bought other products, each time being given generous samples of skin care which I will review. Expensive? Way! Not a stranger to higher end products. Tried most. I currently use this on top of Perricone's Solar Protection for face.
I use a foundation brush and let it set for 2 mins. Then I pat with sponge and lightly dust with BE feather light mineral veil. This foundation is not touted as long wearing, which I was looking for. I have been more than happy with the staying power. Looks fresh from sunup to sundown. I put in alot of hours. No caking or melting or transfer on my white shirts. This keeps my skin hydrated all day without looking overly shiny. It also works well when you need to do more than one layer.
The color vanilla is a level 2 neutral. I have used BE fairly light and MUFE face and body #20. Most lines were too yellow and dark or the neutrals turned orange. This blends perfect.
The packaging does not bother me. With the jar you can get every last drop, but maybe a pump would be better. I just use a q-tip so as not to contaminate jar. I chose this product as my first review because I am impressed by how well it works.

Edit: This does not work for me anymore. It is on my swap list. The color is too light and it is not hydrating enough. My skin has warmed up a shade and is prone to dehydration. I have switched to BB Moisturizing Cream Compact in 3.5 Warm Beige.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Coverage: sheer to medium.
Best for: normal/dry, skin that has minor flaws.
Can be worn by: normal/combination, skin with minor to moderate flaws if including concealer.
Not great for: oily skin, blemished complexions.
Strengths: a very natural finish, pale shades don't look chalky.
Weaknesses: no spf, not as hydrating as other cream foundations. Packaging could be better.
Overall: Future Skin is good as a tinted moisturizer and pairs amazingly well Chantecaille's loose powder. I have very good skin but for a perfect complexion, I have to add concealer or a fuller coverage foundation to my t-zone. For most people this might be too much work, but I find this foundation works like nothing else on my cheeks! It gives me just enough coverage but still gives me realistic skin, and it doesn't look dry and cakey on my drier areas.
My routine: apply Future skin all over. I use fingers and press it in to avoid any streaks. Next, I dab on Chantecaille's foundation stick to my nose/sides of nose to cover deeper redness. Then, I use Amazing Cosmetics to conceal under eyes. Finally, I set with Chantecaille's loose powder using a brush. This gives me perfect, yet realistic-looking skin! continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by rosie06

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is not my first time using Future Skin. In fact, it's my third! The first time I tried it, I thought it looked so much like my own skin - why bother? The second time, I thought the coverage was so sheer that I wasn't covering anything up. Now on my third go-around, I see what I missed the other two times - this is an excellent foundation for making your skin look "real". I use vanilla, which is an exact match to my skintone, and I only apply it on my nose and cheeks which have some pink in them. The rest of my face is au natural, followed by a light layer of Serge Lutens compact foundation in blanc all over. The Serge finishes it off and makes it last all day. I'm not one for primers, they're a waste of time and money on my skin. The combination of these two make my skin look naturally flawless. Again, remember that I am only covering my nose and cheeks so I still have freckles showing through and there is no foundation on the rest of my face to enhance wrinkles. This becomes a real issue with foundation after 50 - believe you me! I'm constantly getting compliments on my 53 year old skin...if they only knew!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very expensive TM sold as a foundation: it sinks in the skin and provides a natural glow, but if you have dry skin it can be very drying. On the positive it is not streaky and it does not oxidise. Super expensive? Yes. Worth it? If you have a medium complexion definitely not as you can use most of the foundations on the market but if you are PPP (and the choice is restricted automaticallhy by 95% due to lack of shades and wrong texture) you jmay consider this (but there are products by Shu uemura that are far cheaper and very good). Too expensive for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by chickety

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying many foundations, both high-end and low-end, I have settled on Chantecaille Future Skin as my Holy Grail foundation. I still like to try other foundations because that's just how I am. But Future Skin is the best for me.
Why? Well, somehow this foundation actually makes my skin look like it has a better texture. It makes my skin appear to be fresher, younger, creamier. The coverage is medium. The creamy gel consistency feels very good going on. The finish is natural, but polished. Maybe a bit dewy. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out, even if I have a late night and fall asleep without washing it off. That's more than I can say for some of my other favorite foundations, like Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and Chanel Teint Innocence Creme Compact (super clogged pores with that one).
Its expensive, but I'm willing to pay the price as its the best foundation I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 6:45:00 PM More reviews by nionio

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this foundation so much, that I'm almost done with my first jar. This never happened to me. I'm one of those make-up-junkies that gets bored with a product very quickly, and move on. I love this so much that I WILL purchase it again. I have sensitive (very) dry skin, and lots of scars from break-outs. This foundation never gave me any break-outs. It's a dewy finish, and your skin will feel moistured throughout the day. However, if you have scars, or any spots, this is not the foundation that will cover everything. You will need a concealer. Now, I personally found this foundation easy to blend with. By blending, I meant with the concealers. I've tried the Chantecaille, MAC, and MUFE concealers, they all blend well with the foundation. So you won't see a patch or spot of concealer on your face (and yes I have the correct color). Compare to my previous foundation (NARS & Chanel), this is a million times better!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by thull

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had problems with this product at first -- but only because I was using the wrong moisturizer. When I put it on (originally) my son said "mom -- what is that on your skin?" Not good! You could see every little pore that the makeup was sitting in. I took it back and even the salespeople were a bit perplexed. But my sister had used this and it looked great on her. So I switched moisturizers (overto Kiehls' from Perricone) and now it is wonderful. Goes on smoothly and does not sit on your skin and look like foundation. If I need more coverage in some areas, I just use a dab of concealer -- so that keeps the skin looking fresh and not like it has a heavy layer of foundation. Overall it really just doesn't look like foundation on your skin, but it definitely makes the skin look smooth and even. I'm 47 with some sun damage and pretty dry without moisturizer. If you want a heavier coverage and don't mind the look of foundation on your skin, this product is not for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by linzyn87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always been a foundation junkie and my search has been ongoing. I have tried brands from le metier, koh gen do, dior, estee lauder, kanebo sensai, la mer, and many more other brands and either were too light, too orange, too dark or too pink. THIS IS MY HG FOUNDATION AND SECOND HG is Kanebo sensai fluid velvet foundation in 204 and 204.5. For reference i am a MAC NC42, NARS SHEER GLOW SYRACUSE, MUFE HD SHADE 153, i purchased this in the color WHEAT. The color match is dead on! Does not look like fake and looks very dewy and natural. Its expensive but well spent!... I highly recommend! i LOVED IT so much i just purchased the JUST SKIN and the loose powder to go along with it. The only thing that i dont like about it is the packaging...which is a giant jar.

****3/6/12 Update been testing this out many months and notice that the staying power is not very good. It looks amazing when first applied then few hours later it slide of the face. I have tried many different primer and still would not stay put. It makes me face look greasy and oily when I am dried skin. I recommend the chantecaille new stick for long lasti g coverage.