DERMAdoctor DERMAdoctor Body Guard Exquisitely Light SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (5.0%), Benzophenone-3 (Oxybenzone) (6.0%), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmaethane (avobenzone) (1.0%). Other Ingredients: Deionized Water, C12-15 Alcohol Benzoate, Glycerin, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cyclomethicone, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Acrylate/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Oleate, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Matricaria Chamomillia (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Calendula Officinialis (Calendula) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Camellia Oleifera (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 3/27/2013 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my holy grail daily SPF. I used to order expensive hard to find sunscreen from France and Japan, but this seriously knocks the socks off the others I have tried. I have acne prone combination skin and this works for me no matter what the weather. Its never broken me out and is not at all oily. It sinks in very quickly and my face looks plumped and tightened (in the good way) after using it in the morning. I'm only my 3rd tube of this good stuff and I pray they never discontinue it.

on 4/7/2011 2:29:00 AM

I give this a 5, but for BODY only. I don't love this on my face -- I find it tacky and a little irritating. But I had to give this a 5 for body because it's the only sunscreen I trust, when I'm wearing nice clothes, to not rub off on them. When this stuff dries, it really dries! I literally can't feel it on my skin once it has dried. I use it on my neck if I'm wearing a nice shirt, and on my arms in the summer (then I don't stick to the leather seats in my car!) I think it's kind of overpriced, especially for use on the body, but it does make me wear sunscreen more often, so I guess it's doing its job.

on 5/30/2010 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is actually a decent sunblock for face and body. Like others have already stated, it's kinda greasy. I think all sunblocks are in my opinion though. It doesn't have any stinky smell and it goes on without leaving a whitish cast. To my surprise it doesn't cause any breakouts. If you do alot of chemical exfoliating this may start to tingle once you actually start to sweat on your face. I rarely sweat but when i use this to go jogging and my forhead starts to sweat i can feel a slight burning..that mixed with the California sun isn't fun. But using this any other time i have no problems. I may just stick with this sunblock for a while..maybe. One thing i really hate is that this makes me look hella shiny with makeup if i don't use some type of mattifying powder before i leave the house. ......Well...that's every other sunblock too so lemme shut up. This stuff is good. Worth a try.

on 2/25/2009 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I kinda liked this product, it went on smoothly and didn't have a white cast but after hours of wearing it my eyes started to burn from the product seeping into them.. Not cool. That's happened with a couple of different Sunscreens for me. I liked it until it did the burny thing.. Plus it was a little burny going on as well.. I don't have particularly sensitive skin either.. Still searching for HG sunscreen.. sigh

on 2/5/2009 2:46:00 AM

I use this entirely for my face so it is worth the price. I have found that it really controls oily skin! When it is applied it has a shiny hue to it that I tone down by dusting one time with my CornSilk colorless translucent loose powder by Sally Hanson. It says that it is spf 30, but I found that it compares more to an spf20 for outdoor pool use. It can be reapplied easily since it comes in a tube and is not greasy. It also does not make my sensitive acnegenic skin breakout!
For my body I use Coppertone aerosol spray spf 30 (on my kids also). It is waterproof and goes on with a spray.

****EDIT**** Be careful with this stuff if you have sensitive skin and use a Vit. C Serum. I used this yesterday after my serum was dry and this sunscreen burned! I had to wash with soap to get it off.

on 11/3/2008 2:31:00 PM

i tried this sunscreen because i was looking for something light which wouldn't cause breakouts.
It was ok, but not that great for the price.
I find Ombrelle liquid spray did just as well for a much better price. Ombrelle was recommended by my dermatologist.

on 10/8/2008 3:09:00 PM

This is an okay product. It is greasy. It didn't seem to work well on my face. It worked better on my neck and body.

If you are dry and don't need help in the summer with oil, this would be okay for you. If you are a t-zone producer, and have small problems with acne, this product is not for you.

This stuff also repeatedly gave me small zits on the folds of my arms. It also did not burn unlike other sunscreens.

on 7/31/2008 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product. In fact, I love it so much I've quit using moisturizers with sunscreen, because none of them (Kinerase, Estee Lauder, etc) can come close to this. The texture truly is great, and is so easy to spread on to the face and it leaves no white cast, which many thicker sunscreens do. I can't do without it. It causes no break outs or irritation at all.

on 7/20/2008 2:36:00 AM

Bought this to use on my face under makeup. I live in HK so needed something oil free and matte to help with the humidity.

I can use this under makeup but it doesn't "vanish" as the blurb suggests. I need to blot it before applying makeup. Also when applying makeup over it, little bits of the sunscreen "roll up" under my fingertips which is a pain.

Apart from that it's an ok sunscreen, but too expensive to use for body.

on 7/10/2008 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i'm on my second tube and i love it :)
perfect for my acne prone oily skin. doesn't really have a matte finish, but it doesnt look greasy and icky on my skin either.