October 31, 2014 | 1539 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xade

I tried this perfume because my grandma gave it to me. Smelled just like her. I mean, it's not like it smells bad I just associate that smell with her. Maybe it's too.. sophisticated for my tastes.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by xtrasweetwifeyx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

gives me nausea. The only chanel frangrances I like are chanel chance(pink,green). That's pretty much it. The rest are grandma alert.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

Why does everyone love this perfume so much? I lived in France for about a year and took a class on art and my teacher was French, and she said that she disliked this perfume and found it much too strong. I have always disliked the fragrance ever since I was a young girl, but to hear it from an actual French person...well, I was happy to be free to speak my mind about it. First of all, it smells like an old lady who spilled bad wine all over herself, but never cleaned it all off. Secondly, perfume doesn't come cheap if you buy a genuine bottle of it from a designer. And Chanel ain't cheap. Third... don't believe the hype and just buy it. Smell it for yourself because I knew some people who actually like it, but it's their choice. It didn't work for me, but it must work for someone else.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Esmay

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Child Alert! Don't try this if you are one.

21 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Grandma alert! So disgusting. I don't care how iconic this is; it's overpowering and reeks!! I get nauseous just smelling the sprayer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried to wear this when I was in my early 20s...and it just didn't work for me at the time...I LOVED the scent, but felt it just didn't sit right with my body chemistry..My boyfriend purchased this for me recently, and I just love it now! Normally, I can't wear florals, but this one works for me...just smells rich and classy. My new favorite.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:03:00 AM More reviews by nero77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vintage EDT.

A truly perfectly balanced floral done in the way only Chanel could do. It is delicate and classy as well as being alluring and sensual, as if giving off a warm glow around the person who wears it, like a soft, golden "aura" following them.

It is subtle, but it compliments your own natural skin beautifully and it a natural way... as if enhancing your presence and making you feel beautiful and confident at the same time.

Ernest Beaux, the genius that he was, knew women so well, this fragrance seems to work and adapt differently on each persons skin. It has universal appeal... and works well with women of ANY culture, creed or generation. There is a reason why this one is hard to beat, even after 90 years, and why it will still be around 90 years from now.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Rashmithomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I so badly wanted to love this because it is such an iconic fragrance. In fact, I even wore it to my wedding (mostly because the bottle looks so timeless in photos). I don't love it though. I kind of like it. Kind of. It smells like old lady, its way too intense (I have the EDP) and it hurts my nose in the first few hours. After a while though, it mellows out and smells quite nice (although still not something I'd choose considering how many other options there are out there). I'm keeping it though for those days when I want to smell really mature and classy, because it IS classy and so iconic; just not sure if it is true to my personality.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by shadedmaryy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

sweet key to been a relaxed beautiful woman, very feminine, romantic, womanly smelling.
I feel comfortable wearing this one at anytime, it always makes me feel very special and its not too strong on me, I wish it were just a few notches stronger, but since its not I can easily wear a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by cocochanel4ever

If somebody would tell me 2 years ago I will fall in love with Chanel no 5, I would laugh. I hated it a lot, but after having baby my taste buds changed. And I love love love number 5! I have it in every concentration: in pure parfum (which I love the most), edp, and edt. Every concentration smells differently. I think to get this magical smell, you need to use as little as possible. I started with pure parfum first- tiny dap on my wrist was enough. Soon I could not fall asleep if I didn't have it on me. Now I use it all the time. I don't believe that this fragrance is only for special occasions, life is too short, I want to enjoy it all the time. I have a lot of perfumes but number 5 has special place in my heart. Highly recommended.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No