April 19, 2014 | 809 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Karlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Seems to remove eye makeup pretty well, but stings my eyes while using it, so it doesn't seem too gentle after all...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gentle yes, effective? Not as much as I would like. While this product didn't cause any breakouts and didn't sting my eyes, it didn't remove my make up very well either. It was very hard to remove mascara and dark colored eyeshadows with this product. It really just smeared them around, making clean up harder. I wouldn't repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by jsbun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is kind of a "meah" product to me. I haven't really decided whether it's a winner or loser in my books but I know I won't be repurchasing it again, so maybe it's a loser... Maybe? Any ways! I like how it removes majority of my eye makeup in one swipe (leaving the cotton pad on my eye for about 10 seconds, then swiping).

Now the first time I used it, it burned my eyes SO much. It was excruciatingly painful and then there was this burning sensation around my eyes as well. I don't know if my eyes were sensitive that day but it actually hurt that bad, lol.

I would use it on and off but I did like using it when I had to take off my waterproof mascara, it came off easier that way minus the burning sensation. I really like using it to take off my face makeup, two thumbs up for that one... No burning sensation.

I think the first time I used it though, it was probably the mascara that was burning my eyes mixing with the remover because after using it a few times, there was no burning in my eyes. Although... There was still a burning sensation around my eyes, not sure why yet.

The packaging is pretty simple and cute, I like. The remover is more of a watery-oil based remover, I like. The scent is meah, I don't know if I like. The price was fab, I basically got this lil guy for about $4 during the Christmas season so I bought a lot, hoping I'd like it. Which I don't really mind it. I did use it again today and it still left a burning sensation around my eyes again but it was bearable since I feel like I'm already immune to it.

Overall! This makeup remover is fab for removing makeup ON your face. Now when it comes to the eye area and removing makeup around your eyes, definitely a no-no. But I mean what's the point of a makeup remover when you can't remove makeup around your eyes right?

If you're curious, I would say give it a try, maybe you'll end up liking it more than I did but please be aware when you're using it around the eye area... You might wanna prepare yourself for a burning sensation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Dabsykins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOAH! im surprised with all the negativity here! Ive been using this for ...... i dunno ? I wanna say like 8 years. I have never had a problem with it stinging my eyes. and I have sensitive acne skin. I like this product mainly because it gets the job done and doesnt leave a thick sticky gunky residue after. I normally shower or wash makeup off my face with soap and water, and then use this to remove the waterproof eyeliner that didnt come off.
there is no need for me to wash the remover off once ive used it. I am able to moisturize and continue with my beauty routine all over.
I buy these when they have their buy 2 get 1 free deals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by jessmcl1200

I have never had a problem with this product! it's soft and gentle on my eyes and gets the makeup off really well. I still use it to this day and I haven't had any reactions to it. the smell is really soothing as well!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by AMBERROSE2885

This product burned the skin around my eyes so bad that I ended up making a doctor appointment to make sure it wasn't an allergic reaction. I had to slather on aquaphor day and night to get rid of the red puffy dried skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a review for this product:

Claims - True or False?
1) Quickly and gently removes eye makeup: False
2) Conditions skin: N/A
3) Lashes and lids feel soft and clean: False
4) Fragrance-free: Partially true

Packaging:
A soft opaque plastic bottle. Packaging is pretty much identical to their shower gels, just without clear plastic. The cap opens pretty easily, there is a hole at the top to dispense product; this method of dispensing product is not ideal for the liquid formula as too much product comes out.

Formula:
A watery solution that foams up when shaken, clear on the skin, slight fragrance that does not appear to be added but is most likely the natural scent of one or more ingredients in the product. The scent is light enough to not be an issue for me. Feels very light on the skin, no oiliness or heaviness. Similar to a micellar cleanser but with actual foam.

Performance:
In terms of its ability to remove makeup, this product performs at an average level. It removes eyeshadow very easily, but doesn't remove non-waterproof eyeliner and mascara as easily (which I noticed with micellar cleansers as well). It takes more time to remove these and more product usually. It doesn't leave the eye feeling gunky or dry, no blurred vision, although I did still get black goop in my eyes from the mascara/eyeliner. In my opinion this would work better as a clean-up product when applying makeup because it doesn't run everywhere and would leave minimal residue. However, on my skin this product burned tremendously. When first used it made my skin burn, itch, and slightly sting where I was rubbing the product - especially near the lashes. I thought that maybe it was the rubbing/wiping and not the product itself, so I tried it again later on and just pressed it on my eye without moving it. After a few seconds it started to burn my skin again, and the longer I left it the more it burned. It also left a slightly sticky residue on my skin, most likely due to the SLS in the product. This would be easily rinsed off, although directions do not indicate that rinsing is required or at least recommended after use. The irritation is most likely from the chamomile itself, as I've never experienced skin irritation from the other ingredients in the product and have never really used products with chamomile in them before. Otherwise it could even just be the way the ingredients are formulated together.

Bang for your Buck:
The website sells this remover for ~$10USD for 250ml (8.4oz). Not that much is needed overall to remove makeup, so it is on par with other makeup removers. I don't know what kind of sales it goes on, as I received it in a large tote bag with other products (a promotional gift bag).

Final Consensus:
Ignoring the irritation the product caused, the results were just average. I am not a huge fan of their face care products though, and this is no exception. For those who wear light makeup or just need something to remove makeup with minimal residue, this could be worth trying out, but if you have sensitive skin or tend to experience allergies to floral ingredients, I would not recommend this product.
* Overall Rating: 2/5
* Price: 2/5
* Packaging Quality: 2/5
* Repurchase: No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by carpentergirl03

I used to use this product years ago and recently received it in a gift set and I thought to myself, "I forgot about this product and can't remember why I stopped using it." Well, I quickly remembered why. It burns and stings my eyes so bad it leaves a red burn type mark everywhere it touches on my eyelids. I had to rinse my eyes with running water as if I got a chemical in them. Horrible stinging pain. I do have somewhat sensitive eyes but I've never used another eye makeup remover that has given me a reaction like this. I will be going back to Vichy Purete Thermale Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover which has worked very well for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by WindyRain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

It's good for removing everyday light eye makeup, but doesn't work too well for heavy makeup. U have to use it at least 3-4 times per eye to get off all the makeup. But if it's just the eye-liner and kajal, that it removes effortlessly. U have to work a bit hard to get off the eye shadows though. It's ok for me coz I dont use eye shadows too often so I'm fine with it.
Great packaging btw, (i,ve the smaller bottle), only a reasonable amount comes out, so it's easy to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so glad I just got this product as a sample. It burned the all living crap out of my eyes. Mind you, I have sensitive eyes, but this product was just harsh. It burned my eyes, the skin around my eyes and it was a burning that did not go away for quite some time. The packaging is also meh. Too much product would come out, so product control wasn't really that good, but the bottle didn't give me problems with leaks so that's a plus. It also took some scrubbing to get my makeup off, and I don't even use waterproof mascara/eyeliner. I really disliked this product, and would not recommend it to anyone, especially those with sensitive skin/eyes.