The Body Shop Grape seed glossing serum

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethiconol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil (Skin Conditioner), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Parfum (Fragrance), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient

on 8/30/2015 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smells very good and isn't too greasy. It softens and smoothes down any frizz I have. I wish it could be a tad more moisturizing, but it adds decent shine. I like that it comes with a pump. It comes in a small bottle, but a little of the serum is needed for my hair. While I like other serums more than this, this one is pretty good for my hair. My hair feels and looks healthy.

I'm on my second bottle of this, and I really like this product. It gives a tiny bit of moisture and helps my dry hair look shiny. My hair feels silky and smooth. The price is also pretty good compared to similar products.

on 4/27/2015 1:22:00 AM

I bought this because I saw so many good opinions about it.And now I'm really glad I did it.It was a sample at the shop so I tried this on my dry hair and I felt immediately a very soft and shiny hair!it's amazing this product and it seems to be the best serum I have ever tried!fantastic!The price is also good ,not so expensive and trust me that a little goes a long way.The smell is light but long-lasting into your hair so overall I love this product and definitely will buy It again!

on 3/23/2015 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because of the MUA reviews and I needed to add something to my cart for the B3G3 sale. I wasn't too impressed by this serum due to the fact that it didn't make my thick, coarse, color-treated hair feel silky smooth like other serums have. Maybe it's because this is more natural than other products I've tried before but it doesn't reflect light very well to make my hair even look shiny. The only positive about this serum is that it soaks into the hair without making it look or feel greasy and it has a pleasant fresh scent. I would only repurchase this if I needed to add 1 more item to my shopping cart for a sale and couldn't find anything else. Still searching for that HG product....

on 12/31/2014 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm comparing this product with a much cheaper (and better) alternative: Garnier Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment.

In comparison, this 'serum' (it is more oily than 'serum-y') is:
-Oily in the way that when you apply it, it sticks to certain strands of hair, spreading unevenly
-Strongly scented (Garnier has a slight vanilla scent)
-Messy, because it is hard to wash off of your hands, and even gets the bottle itself and anything around it oily and slippery

This product does not even make my hair shiny, soft, brushable (I have naturally straight hair that gets tangled easily), or light-reflecting the way Garnier does. It sounds like I'm sponsoring Garnier but really, don't waste your money.

Overall this is a waste of money, and I recommend that you buy the MUCH cheaper alternative.

on 8/29/2014 11:00:00 PM

I've tried a few brands of hair products since I started having long hair. To my personal experience for my hair application, this product is much better than the Faceshop Damage Coating Essence: lighter, smell better, better feeling of smoothness.

I apply on wet hair to reduce hair greasy effect, it blends well to my hair.

It's a good try to use it after my shampooing and using Schwarzkopf BC Moisture Kick, my hair will easy to comb, soft and long-lasting.

on 5/8/2014 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG hair serum. I've been using it for 7 years!!! If I can only have 1 hair treatment product,this will be it. I have very long hair (down to my tush),thick and wavy. I use it when my hair is still damp and then I let it air dry. After my hair has dried I style it as usual and I pump 2 dime size and run it through my hair to tame flyaways. The consistancy is not as thick as other hair serum so it doesn't weigh my hair down. I'm obsessed with the scent also,it's just smell so good. 1 bottle last me a long time, I also buy it when TBS have their sale event so the price isn't expensive IMO.

on 5/7/2014 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I loved this when I was younger, but honestly I've discovered much better oils for my thin hair, such as pure argan oil, redken diamont oil and moroccan oil.

on 4/22/2014 12:48:00 PM

Love it,a bit moisturizes hair so much,it does get greasy after time,but if you have dry hair its a must try

on 4/11/2014 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have long, curly, color treated hair. High density & fine width. This definitely makes my hair glossy without weighing it down or making it too greasy. This works best for me when applied to wet hair and styled in a top knot. It gives some hold to my hair and adds lots of shine. For wearing my hair curly, this doesn't really do much for amplifying curl, but doesn't hurt at all. I use this as a leave in conditioner and then apply my usual hair gel and let air dry.

Popular Hair Products