September 18, 2014 | 1015 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

The scent is so disgusting in everyway,
It does not go away either. It did nothing for my hair, nothing for my skin, nothing except smell up my bathroom and skin. I think those who think it has have only gotten used to it and do not realize you can smell it on them still. ICK
Only good for skin tags, warts etc

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

just an all around great multi use product. i used to use this as a toner for so long, i didnt even mind the smell. (jk it still smelled horrible) but it worked! my grandparents swear by this as they take a shot a day. i use this as a hair clarifier every once in awhile and it rinses off all of the built up gunk in my hair and makes it shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mlutebay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, what a pleasant surprise! I have used Bragg's raw ACV internally (I drink a few tablespoons in hot water once or twice a day) and was always pleased with how it made me feel and how my digestion improved. I had read several mixed reviews about using ACV topically as an acne remedy but was always skeptical because I have super-sensitive, super-acne-prone skin. After switching birth control methods, my face went from okay to terribly cystic and broken out and has not let up since switching. I decided to give ACV a try; I figured it couldn't hurt.

I'm so glad I did. I use it on my skin un-diluted, but I wouldn't recommend starting this way. Mix a 1:1 ratio, or higher, of ACV to water and apply it to a cotton swab. Gently guide the cotton ball over the entire face after cleansing. This removes so much excess grime and makeup and it makes your skin silky soft. ACV has restored my skins natural pH balance and my breakouts have significantly subsided. My skin is oil-free all day too, which is a miracle for my usually slicked-out face.

Highly recommended, but use with caution your first couple times to figure out what works best for your skin. No two people will be the same when it comes to their ACV regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by paramisalud

Oh my gosh!!! This seriously cured my skin. I had been using benzoyl peroxide and a generic version of proactiv and my skin was flaky, and dis-colored but I did not know what else to do. I didn't have enough money for a Dermatologist and I had used Acnefree severe system before with great results. I ran into a lot of stuff talking about apple cider vinegar as a toner, then something talking about how you could use it as a face wash every morning instead of soap and it literally saved my skin..... Seriously I was frustrated and my face was covered in pimples, scaly spots, brown dead dry skin, and scars. Immediately as I went over my face with a cotton ball soaked in the solution it started to take away dry skin and reveal healthy skin underneath. I went all over my face with about six cotton balls that were covered in dead skin and crust....It seriously was like a facial peel but it didn't burn and wasn't harsh it was super smooth and felt so nice against my inflamed skin. My whiteheads were gone with one stroke of the cotton ball (I was super gentle just glided the cotton ball along my skin) it was amazing!!! After about two weeks my skin looked a million times better. I also took vitamins to help promote healing they were Vitamin E, Borage Oil, Zinc and Vitamin C every morning. I stopped using face wash, I still use benzoyl peroxide cause my face seems to collect bacteria easily and these two combined have cured my skin. All thats left are the tons of scars from having severe acne for months. These are slowly going away and I can go to the gym without feeling super self conscious cause I am covered in pimples.My skin is ten times less oily, its like normal glowy skin now, and I only get the occasional pimple from stupid things like putting my phone against my face (without sanitizing it) My skin care routine is as follows:

Morning & Night routine:
Fill a bowl half full of water(cereal size bowl), add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Dip cotton ball into solution and go over every part of your face. You can dip the cotton bowl multiple times (keep in mind this is like a face rinse) I use several cotton bowls and do this for about 3 minutes. After I'm done I let it sit for a minute then splash cold water on my face. (I use a new solution every morning/Night)
I gently pat my face dry with a microfiber towel
Then I mix the Simple brand gel moisturizer with a small amount of benzoyl peroxide and rub on my face. (I like to mix benzoyl peroxide with this gel moisturizer cause it absorbs better into my skin and prevents the dryness that occurs with benzoyl peroxide)

What you need::
Cotton bowls or pads
Bowl
Braggs apple cider Vinegar
Simple Gel moisturizer
Neutrogena benzoyl peroxide spot treatment (the small little white one)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by shanbaan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product as a facial toner for over 3 months, and it has been a life saver. My skin used to be oily, uneven with red splotches. I had moderate acne on my chin, forehead and the sides of my face. I had an initial breakout shortly after I started using ACV, and then my skin cleared up almost 100%
However, just before 3 months into using it, my chin started breaking out again. It's starting to clear up now, and hopefully will go back to 100%
This product has been a life saver for my skin and I will always continue to repurchase.
I also take ACV internally, and it increases energy and works from the inside out.
LOVE this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:28:00 AM More reviews by IrisTree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The best thing that ever happened to my skin. My skin's been always frustratingly oily and cloggy and I got all kinds of zits a lot, even at the age where skin usually gets clearer. Nothing from the cosmetics department ever made it even slightly better, but luckily I discovered other ways.

I now use a simple olive oil soap bar to clean my face, apple cider vinegar (diluted 50/50) as a toner and jojoba or grapeseed oil for moisture. Twice a week I make a clay mask (with ACV as well). Just a few months after doing this EVERY DAY, no slipping, my skin just cleared out. And no breakouts or purging either. ACV seems to be the most important part of that routine, it prevents bacteria growing while not drying the skin. I've also read that it keeps pores open, which is great as clogging is a big problem to me. It has tons of other benefits, they can be read anywhere online. My skin looks really good now that old scars are fading, and I still can hardly believe it.

It's also the best single zit killer ever! I don't get them much anymore, but I did earlier and this is how I made a new zit disappear: I put one small drop of undiluted ACV straight on the zit, so that it stung a little, and let it be. Almost every time the zit was gone by the next morning, even the big ones.

And for Pete's sake, if you have never used ACV on your face before TEST IT FIRST on a small patch of skin. There are always people who are allergic or otherwise sensitive to this stuff, just like anything else it can give a bad reaction. So don't just slather it on your face just because someone said it's good, you have to be careful with anything you put on your skin. And always remember to use moisturizer with it, even with oily skin.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a load of bullsh*t this product is. If I could give this a zero rating I would.

If an effort to try and find some relief from my acne I hopped on the ACV bandwagon along with everyone else on here who is also trying to clear their acne. I thought 'well, it's all natural, what harm could come from using it'? Well a lot actually!

I used a tiny amount and diluted it a lot more than most people did on here and then thought I'd gradually add more and more ACV to the mix as I used it more frequently. Well, that did not fly over too well with my skin. My skin was literally PISSED with me for putting this crap on my face. I did this at night so I could gauge if my skin would react negatively to this or not. I swiped this on using a Swissper round cotton puff, the solution was really diluted: 3 parts water to 1 part vinegar.
The first time I used this, after I was done I walked to my room and bent down, all of a sudden I felt this warming sensation on my face, thought nothing of it. I sat down on the couch next to my bf and he looked at me worried and said my face was extremely red. I went to look in the mirror and I was beet red, I looked like I had a sunburn. I felt my face and my skin was hot to the touch. I thought well, my skin will take some time to get used to this. Ha, no, my skin did not get used to this at all.
My skin is pissed at me and because of that it has retaliated against me for torturing it with this solution. The torturing part? An overproduction of oil. Not just a little bit either, I mean my forehead which is minimally oily is now an oil factory. This ACV solution made my skin extremely oily within 10 mins of apply this to my face. My face was so oily from this that I did not need a moisturizer and this made my makeup turn into a pool of greasy nastiness.
I tried every kind of way to make this work, watering the ACV down with more water, adding more vinegar, using straight vinegar (DO NOT USE IT UNDILUTED!!). After 3 weeks I stopped.
It's been about a month, maybe longer since I stopped using ACV and my face is STILL making an overproduction of oil. I have no idea what to do. It's mostly my forehead that has turned into a greasy mess but other parts of my face have been affected as well.
I did some research on ACV and found mixed reviews on it. Some people had really bad breakouts from this and other people had commented that it was your skin purging itself. Sorry, but the way I feel is that a product should not break you out, it should help heal and clear your breakouts, not make them worse.
The most interesting thing I read on reviews and blogs were that many of the people who were of Indian descent (not to be confused with Native American) had stated that they had the worst breakouts of their life and they drudged on, hoping it would work, eventually they gave up and their skin went back to its normal state.
Overall I would not recommend this treatment for acne. You never know if what I experienced will be your own experience or worse, have the worse breakout of your life that continues to get worse until you've stopped.
I'm just so mad at myself for believing the hype there is surrounding this, thinking it's all natural what harm could happen from it? Well, the oil balance in my skin is out of whack and I have no idea how to fix it thanks to this ACV. I'm now permanently an oil slick mess and no amount of washing my face has been able to control the oil. The oil has made me being able to wear makeup hell, no amount of powdering has been able to control the oil slick and shine I have on my face.
DO NOT USE THIS!!
Oh, and I noticed no new breakouts while using this but my breakouts did not fade away and heal either.
I'm now using bleach (yep, the blue and white bottle you get from the laundry aisle at the store) to help my acne and it is helping, especially with the red hyperpigmentation marks I had on my neck from breakouts (yes, HAD on my neck, they have all faded thanks to me using bleach). I pour about 1/4 cup into bath water and soak in it and also I've been washing up with Cetaphil antibacterial cleansing bar and that has helped my acne as well (please be aware soaking in this bleach solution is very drying to other areas of the skin but so beneficial to acne). When I get too lazy I make a bleach/water solution and use it as a toner and it helps (do not rinse). If I skip using the bleach bath/bleach toner I start breaking out. Yes I know using bleach is crazy...or is it? Considering all the reviews I've read on bleach being used to help treat eczema I figured why not see if it will help my acne? It does help! I'm still an oily mess from the ACV though and I'm not sure if I can ever repair the damage this has done when it comes to the overproduction of oil my skin makes :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I keep diluted apple cider vinegar (1:1) in a small bottle in my shower, and use it once or twice a month as a hair rinse in lieu of my normal conditioner. It clarifies my hair and makes it feel much lighter. ACV can be pretty harsh, so be careful not to overuse, particularly if you have thin, fragile hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by RieRie29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Apple Cider Vinegar!! I use it in the summer diluted with water as a toner, it minimizes the number of breakouts I get. I also have tried it as a spot treatment, it works just as well as honey and cinnamon or tea tree oil! This stuff also works great for my hair. About once a month, I mix 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 cup water, and pour it over my damp hair, rinse, then shampoo and condition as normal. It works well to get rid of build up and make your hair shine. But be sure to rinse it out really well! The first time I used it I didn't rinse it out enough and it left my hair smelling awful! Get your hands on this stuff it works miracles!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I have struggled with acne for years. I noticed a link to my hair touching my face and acne. I stopped using conditioner altogether and switched to a rosemary lavender hair rinse recipe that I found online: 4 cups water, 8 drops of each rosemary & lavender, 1t borax (yep!) and 3T of acv. I've been using this for 2 months and it makes my hair so soft! I don't even miss conditioner! I still use Aveda scalp benefits shampoo tho. I also made a 1:4 ratio of acv to use as a toner, and it has cleared my acne and healed my acne scars. I am amazed at how beautiful my skin and hair look! :D