October 24, 2014 | 1537 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - Help Me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

The first time I used it , it made my skin look super clear and even the next morning . The products does not sting and a little goes a long way . I even apply it over my sensitive eye area .It does not moisturise , or permanently reduce the appearance of my red scars , or unclog my pores or makes my pores smaller . But it does make my skin look very clear the next morning . Hence I really believe it somehow pumps up the collagen production of the skin .

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PSA - AHA Retinol Resq is a 100% dupe. FOR $15. (check Ulta or walgreens.com)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Alysham

Smooths out the skin. However, didnt notice a difference in fine lines, pore size, or acne. Wouldnt pay the price again thats fr sure. It was 65$ here in canada, and didnt do much more than smooth out my face a little

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by coconaut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

**UPDATE**
So I've been using this more often as I keep having it recommending it to me. I used to alternate it with Benzoyl Peroxide, but now I'm using only this every night after making sure to wash my face before I go to sleep (something I've always neglected to do). I think I'm seeing improvement? I've been at this more frequent routine for 2 weeks - I'll post back in a few more.

------ Older Review -----
Got this after the cosmetologist at Ulta recommended it to me. He'd totally sold me on it and swore by it.

I've been using it for about 2 months now and haven't really seen much of an improvement. In fact, I think I've got more dark spots now than before, but that also has to do with the fact that my facial skin is doing kinda bad overall.

So far the one magical product that has ever worked for me for dark spot correction is Murad's, probably because hydroquinone is the best thing for it. I plan on buying a 4% hydroquinone generic product via Amazon whenever I run out of Help Me. I will update if I do notice any changes in the upcoming weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sarahfyc

I bought this after reading reviews about various retinol treatments/serums on MUA. After using this for 5 months, I can say that this product works! It didn't dry my skin out, even though I don't bother putting on moisturiser after using this at night. (I have combi skin and live in a hot and humid climate). The first time I applied this, my skin felt so smooth the morning after, that I rushed to the mirror to look for visible changes. Nothing. However, after using it for 5 months, I have been getting compliments about how radiant, smooth my skin is. Even my sister asked me how I lightened the sunspot on my cheek. I have passed the remaining tube to her, because I want to try Roc Multi Correxion serum. The only grouse I have is that it didn't get rid of blackheads, although it does make them easier to extract. Oh yes, I had concerns about the packaging, which is no longer in an aluminium tube. It comes in a plastic tube now, which lets quite a bit of air in. Nevertheless, my sister is raving about this product after using it for just over a week, so the new packaging probably does not affect its effectiveness.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by jajehenz

I love everything about this product, HOWEVER, I have pretty normal/dry and sometimes combination skin in my t-zone and this product has turned my face very oily and sticky. I have honestly never had oily skin until I used this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by melanieRD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I plan on continuing to use this for as long as I can. I have terrible skin. I picked this up when I got the purity made simple wash and take a deep breath cleanser. It's been several weeks and while I had hoped this would stop crazy hormonal break outs, it just didn't but I have to accept that. Natural progesterone cream helps some. It's expensive but I'd like to help w some scars and wrinkles. Definitely does not irritate if you use moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Puresimple1

This used to be the HG of blemish/aging/scars etc but they recently changed the packaging and it is not as good as it was before in the aluminum tube. Retinols are actually supposed to be stable in aluminum tube! I guess they changed the packaging over concerns that it was twisting. The consistency also changed! It's a little more watery whereas it use to be thicker. I haven't even noticed a change in my skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by BrookelynNY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I come to MUA all the time to read reviews, but never leave any myself. I was recommended this product after asking for something to help with the redness/scarring present on my chin from pimples there that I've been unable to get rid of. The acne doesn't bother me as much as the scarring does. I was a bit hesitant to purchase this after seeing the price (!!!), but I opened the box and saw how big the tube was. The girl at Ulta also told me it would last awhile, and that she had good results using it for the same reason. Anyway, this stuff is great! I noticed an immediate difference in the redness on my chin from past pimples! I am still working on getting rid of all the acne, which means some bumps are still present, so I cannot tell if it is helping relieve the slight cratering left in that area as well. I think it has been. I have been using this on new red marks left from pimples, and can see them lightening within a day or two. I also use this on my under eye area before applying my eye cream. I can't say for sure if it's doing much there, but a little extra retinol never hurt anybody. This product it is definitely helping my redness/scarring which is what I bought it for. I am very pleased with my results. Will recommend and re-buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by kay0702

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this product for the past 5 nights but I think I am falling in love with it. I am 27 so don't have any real wrinkles but I DID have some very fine lines on my forehead which now have practically disappeared. I have very dry skin which is prone to flaking in Winter time if I don't puts heaps and heaps of moisturizer on so I was a little dubious about using a retinol product, but I can safely say that my skin, in just a WEEK, is so much better and smoother, no flaking whatsoever! I do however have some acne scarring on my chin and I haven't noticed a difference with them yet but they are probably deep and will take longer to clear. I also do get hormonal breakouts every month so it will be interesting to see if this product helps with that but I will have to wait and see - I will update in a few weeks but right now I would say this products is EXCELLENT especially if you are after that smooth, plumped up, glowing looking skin...and who isn't!!