Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

4.3

INGREDIENTS: WATER,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, OCTYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, RETINOL, PANTHENOL, DISODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHEROL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYSORBATE 20, TRIETHANOLAMINE, MRTHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, BHT, CARBOMER.

I was tired of spending so much on skin care and got suckered into this from all the good reviews on here but it was a huge mistake for me. If you have skin problems such as really dry and hyperpigmentation do not waste your time and money. I ended up with angry red sun spots and dry flakey spots it was awful. I got me some nars and it fixed everything pretty quickly but this was a bad experience. If you are very young with great skin then go for it but if you have problems don't do it, you will regret it.

This is absolutely a holy grail product for me.

I have sensitive, dry, fair skin that is prone to pigmentation and ruddiness. When I wake up the next day after applying the night before, my pores are smaller, tone is clearer, and redness is reduced. Makeup goes on easier and I need less of it.

This contains a weak form of retinol & tea extract (Camellia Sinensis). The formulation really agrees with my skin. I like that it provides results without being overly strong or harsh.

Will always repurchase this and hope it is never discontinued.

on 2/1/2015 8:29:00 PM

I just bought this last night and I don't want to speak too soon but so far it is amazing! I'm only 22 but I've had pretty prominent forehead wrinkles (I'm guessing they are genetic) since high school. Already my skin looks really dewy, smooth, and healthy after two uses. If this doesn't break me out I will definitely continue to purchase when I run out. Could be potential HG material. Very easy to find also. Got it at Walmart for around $13. Decently sized and clean, sanitary packaging. Fingers crossed!

on 1/31/2015 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Feels less moisturizing than Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Lotion, which surprises me. It makes my skin look a bit flat, and has caused a few pimples. Cream has retinol. Lotion has AHAs. I prefer the lotion - keeps my skin looking more radiant. But I like that the cream keeps my skin from looking oily throughout the day. It smells faintly of sunscreen, which I like. Dispenser is just a plain metal tube - not sanitary. I much prefer the lotion for the pump dispenser and cleaner feeling of the product on my skin.

on 1/28/2015 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my baby. When I was on accutane I couldn't use this because of the retinol and I'm soooooo happy to get back to it. It makes my skin soft and beautiful and smooth and reduces redness, and helps breakouts, and makes my makeup go on so smoothly, and I'm just in love. I've used countless drugstore moisturizers and this is my favourite. (Although, when I was on Accutane,' Nivea Daily Essentials Oil-Free Moisturizing Day Cream ' was the only thing that didn't irritate my skin and clog my pores.)

on 10/5/2014 9:06:00 AM

Edit: I stopped using this as spring approaches and the sun is stronger. It is thinning out my skin and a new spot appeared although I wear SPF 30 broad spectrum daily.

I've been using this for about a week now every night and it's evened my skin tone out a lot. A little age spot that's been very stubborn has disappeared. I have combination skin or at least I DID. This cream dries out your skin. I suppose it's the retinol. I wear another moisturizer over top of it at night and also my sunscreen doesn't look greasy anymore in the mornings but normal because my skin needs the moisture. That's fine with me as I don't need shine.

on 8/20/2014 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I'm not exactly sure what 'anti-ageing' benefits this so called anti-ageing cream is supposed to have but this was certainly one product that did absolutely nothing for my wrinkles. As I've got older my lines have started to become more prominent making me quite conscious about how my skin looks, and wanted to search for products out there that could smooth them out and make look a few years younger.

I used this product every morning and evening for about say 4 weeks but felt it was a bit slithery and didn't leave my skin looking very much, and was not impressed especially with the wrinkles as I thought it would at least for something to put my lines at bay but obviously not in my case.

I think I'll stick to one I've found just recently biocorrex which is actually smoothing my lines out a bit, but completely different to what I was using before, so will see how the next couple of weeks go!

on 8/7/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

According to some reputable online sources, I read that this retinol cream has the highest amount of retinol in a drugstore product (more than RoC Corexxion to boot!) which is why I picked this up at my local CVS for my acne scars.

My face has hyperpigmentation from a nasty bout of acne vulgaris I had in 2012, and it's calmed down DRASTICALLY. Still, I've got to tend to my ever destabilizing hormonal acne issues as well.
I've been using this cream nightly after a layer of hyaluronic serum (to draw moisture from the retinol) for two weeks. My scars have faded prominently but still have some ways to go! There was an irritated, raised bump on my right temple (the sort of underground zit that hasn't reached a head yet and hurts to touch), and one night if the cream instantly flattened it. After a few nights, it stayed flat during the day too, and just started draining.

I've yet to "purge" on this cream which is SPLENDID. The "your skin gets worse before it gets better" mantra is ridiculous to me, when it comes to products. Yes, on it's own, my acne violently gave me pimples left and right whether I used meds or creams or toners or not. It naturally wore out in time, and left me with scars.
If your product is giving you pimples... It's making you break out, and will continue to make you break out.

EDIT: whenever I do get a pimple while using this product, I pair it with Sudocrem which is a UK miracle product (it calms chaffing, baby rashes, and even new zits!). The night cream first, with the Sudocrem as a spot treatment or all-over overnight masque. Other raves about the Neutrogena Healthy Skin: I haven't been having much breakouts ever since starting my nightly regime with this! And, my skin has a nice glow every morning!

on 7/23/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Unfortunately, this broke me out. I was disappointed, since I had hoped that using a mild retinol product might actually help my acneic skin. The product was just ok otherwise. The texture felt heavy and slightly waxy on the skin. It was very rich. The metallic squeeze tube tore on the sides when I folded it to squeeze out the product. I woduld recommend only to someone not clog prone. As for its actual anti aging benefits I can't say, since I used it for no more than a week before it clogged me.

on 6/25/2014 6:07:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have the SPF15 and the Night cream, both contain a significant amount of retinol and green tea extract and are very reasonably priced for what you get. Retinoids take a while to work and there is almost always an initial reaction (most commonly redness and purging of pores - this can mean acne & bumps) but long term effects will reduce acne and can slow down aging provided you use an adequate SPF. The SPF15 Wrinkle Cream does not provide adequate sun protection as it only contain 6% Octinoxate & 1% Ensulizole (it does contain titanium dioxide also but its listed in the inactive ingredients) which is really is not enough to rely on. You'd have to wear a higher broad spectrum SPF over top to prevent damage. Pity this doesn't have as good sunscreen as the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair SPF30 (although this is more pricey & contains significantly less retinol than the Healthy Skin) but that aside, this moisturizer is full of goodness and is one of the best drugstore moisturizers you can buy for sure.

Popular Treatments (Face)