December 18, 2014 | 1754 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great under my eyes. It will make you look crusty or cakey, even bring out fine lines, if you use too much. A very light layer on a big fluffy brush works well for me. It brightens a little bit, but mostly I like it because it's wonderful at hiding redness. I usually have redness around my eyes and nose. It also can conceal small breakouts and splotches on the cheeks. It is a loose powder, but feels a little more "sticky" and stays all day. REALLY! I am pleased so far and will probably be buying more when I run out...whenever that will be because it has lasted quite a while!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Steelermummeh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely loved the full-ish coverage, but it quite clearly hates me.

It's rather cakey but what is worse, is that it immediately sinks into the wrinkles I've earned and suddenly my face is saying "Hey...You there! Yes, you! Wanna come and see my wrinkles?"

Wrinkles are wrinkles and I'm good with that. I just don't need them to be center stage on the theatre that is my skin.

It doesn't smell of anything, and the click-lock thingy always trips me up anyway. For me it's just not worth the effort, but I have to give it 3 points because I'd imagine on younger and adequately nourished skin it would probably make a cream concealer and foundation redundant (colour matching notwithstanding).

Off to the "Mummy is awesome cos she gives us makeup" drawer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by tintiite

I was very excited to receive BE well-rested concealer since I have been super content with the BE original foundation and their mascaras.
I do love the application, it also sets wonderfully and really neutralizes the blue under eye circle color. However, I have fair pinky skin tone and unfortunately the color is a bit too dark and too yellowy for me. I can still use it as a base concealer but I definitely have to put something on the top. Basically it is the one and only con for it. I wish there was another mineral powder under eye concealer that would match my skin color!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by carolyntaggart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAIL product. If i could only have 1 makeup product ever, this would be it. I will repurchase this over & over.

I use this to cover blemises & acne scars - the yellow tone of it covers perfectly & you can easily touch up with it later in the day because it doesn't get cakey like other concealers do throughout the day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

Not a huge fan of this I find it really cakes up under my eyes even though I use a small amount.
Might be better for dry skin or minimal makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I wanted to use this to set my concealer as I heard it works well but I find it to be very light and not translucent enough. It even causes my concealer to crease even though it usually does not.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this product provides excellent dark circle coverage for a powder, it needs to come in more shades. Well-rested is just far too dark and yellow for me even if I apply lighter powder over the top. It kind of gives me a yellow panda-eyed effect even when applied sparingly. Also, I find it slightly irritating which I suspect is due to the bismuth oxychloride in it. All in all itís not something I can use. I can see, however, that it might work well for someone with the right skin tone and who isnít sensitive to the bismuth oxychloride. Itís definitely something you need to try before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Where has this product been all my life?!?!? AMAZING! Best under eye setting powder. I tried finding a brightening concealer, but I realized why bother, just get a regular one thatís full coverage and set it with a lighter powder to brighten. But the powders I tried never really brightened much or added coverage (I do not buy cakey powders). I do have very bad bags and ever full coverage concealers donít fully mask my purple bags! This is like the perfect finishing touch to concealer. There are other shades so if you arenít light skinned donít worry there is hope after all!

Pros:
Great packaging
Doesnít waste product
Great color selection
Adds coverage
Brightens
Highlights
Not cakey
Not drying
Great price for what you get

Cons:
Some people canít use mineral makeup

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by cinann4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product when I saw all the positive reviews on Ulta but I guess for my dry skin, it just didn't work. I tried every type of brush, primer and moisturizer with it to see if that would combat the chalkiness of it but it just didn't work. At the start of the day it looked decent but a few hours later, it would start to cake and crack. I am very fair-skinned and it seemed too dark or yellow for me. It literally looked like I got a stick of light yellow chalk and circled my eyes with it even though I used it sparingly and did my best to blend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

My skin: It's something odd. Liquid/cream foundation/concealer tends to get cakey on me.You name a method or another way to try applying them I can guarantee you a 98% chance I've tried what you can recommend. I've even changed up my skincare (at least my face isn't an oil slick anymore).

My under eye problems: I have tear troughs, darkness, and oil glands. Most concealers don't cover up my tear troughs. The ones that do end up cakey and very obvious. I've also had a few concealers fall into fine lines I didn't even knew I had until I applied concealer.

Opinion about the product: I did just buy this today so give me time (I update my reviews). I really like this product so far. I have Revlon PhotoReady concealer which covers my darkness nicely but the tear troughs still are too dark (which was my only issue with the concealer- it's a very natural looking one that's good for most darkness). I'm going to try using it over that as it's a great concealer other wise. I think I could get a nice non-cakey coverage with it.

So far I'd re-buy this. I also put the price at a rating of 1 (low) because for as much as you get (2g/.07oz) you're only paying $18(USD-at Ulta). I can seriously take a few sprinkles of this stuff to cover an entire under eye which means this jar could last me a long time.