August 1, 2014 | 1007 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Sarahtiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this product provides excellent dark circle coverage for a powder, it needs to come in more shades. Well-rested is just far too dark and yellow for me even if I apply lighter powder over the top. It kind of gives me a yellow panda-eyed effect even when applied sparingly. Also, I find it slightly irritating which I suspect is due to the bismuth oxychloride in it. All in all itís not something I can use. I can see, however, that it might work well for someone with the right skin tone and who isnít sensitive to the bismuth oxychloride. Itís definitely something you need to try before you buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Where has this product been all my life?!?!? AMAZING! Best under eye setting powder. I tried finding a brightening concealer, but I realized why bother, just get a regular one thatís full coverage and set it with a lighter powder to brighten. But the powders I tried never really brightened much or added coverage (I do not buy cakey powders). I do have very bad bags and ever full coverage concealers donít fully mask my purple bags! This is like the perfect finishing touch to concealer. There are other shades so if you arenít light skinned donít worry there is hope after all!

Pros:
Great packaging
Doesnít waste product
Great color selection
Adds coverage
Brightens
Highlights
Not cakey
Not drying
Great price for what you get

Cons:
Some people canít use mineral makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by cinann4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this product when I saw all the positive reviews on Ulta but I guess for my dry skin, it just didn't work. I tried every type of brush, primer and moisturizer with it to see if that would combat the chalkiness of it but it just didn't work. At the start of the day it looked decent but a few hours later, it would start to cake and crack. I am very fair-skinned and it seemed too dark or yellow for me. It literally looked like I got a stick of light yellow chalk and circled my eyes with it even though I used it sparingly and did my best to blend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

My skin: It's something odd. Liquid/cream foundation/concealer tends to get cakey on me.You name a method or another way to try applying them I can guarantee you a 98% chance I've tried what you can recommend. I've even changed up my skincare (at least my face isn't an oil slick anymore).

My under eye problems: I have tear troughs, darkness, and oil glands. Most concealers don't cover up my tear troughs. The ones that do end up cakey and very obvious. I've also had a few concealers fall into fine lines I didn't even knew I had until I applied concealer.

Opinion about the product: I did just buy this today so give me time (I update my reviews). I really like this product so far. I have Revlon PhotoReady concealer which covers my darkness nicely but the tear troughs still are too dark (which was my only issue with the concealer- it's a very natural looking one that's good for most darkness). I'm going to try using it over that as it's a great concealer other wise. I think I could get a nice non-cakey coverage with it.

So far I'd re-buy this. I also put the price at a rating of 1 (low) because for as much as you get (2g/.07oz) you're only paying $18(USD-at Ulta). I can seriously take a few sprinkles of this stuff to cover an entire under eye which means this jar could last me a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by ShopaholicsAnonymous

I was all about the Bare Minerals line until it started breaking me out. I'll never use any of it again.

I can't say for sure if Well Rested would break me out because I only used it under my eyes. It is yellow-based and looks unnatural on my skin. It is drying. It gets into the fine lines and creases under and around my eyes, making me appear older. I honestly look better with no concealer at all than I do with this stuff.

Definitely won't buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Naeiii

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me begin by saying that loose powder/mineral foundation do NOT work for me. I ordered a starter kit from this brand and gifted most items. As a powder concealer, Well-Rested flopped, and as a lid base this was just average. I found it settled in my crease if i didn't blend several times.

However, a while back I was experimenting with DIY as a way to lighten up a heavy coverage concealer. I discovered that Well Rested makes an excellent pigment for DIY concealer! I mix foundation primer with a good scoop of Well Rested. I add just a drop of squeeze tube opaque concealer for coverage and a some shavings of non-medicated lip balm for viscosity. SO even though I am underwhelmed by this product for its intended use, I WILL rebuy for DIY.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have had this forever and surprised I never reviewed it. It's ok, but nothing special or anything I would ever buy again. It's supposed to give you that "awake" look but for me it just creases and moves. It's a yellow based matte color that is supposed to get rid of under eye circles, but for me it doesn't do much and never has.

This will crease with or without primer and will get into the fine lines. It looks very crepe on me and I really dislike it. I use it for shadow now because I feel that is is completely ineffective for anything else.

Save your money and get a different under eye neutralizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by wgillesp92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product, I tried so hard and have used it as many different ways as I possibly can think of, and just cannot come to like it. No matter how much moisturizer/primer/oil/crisco I use on my under eye area, I cannot seem to keep it from creasing and leaving me with tissue paper looking under eyes. Mind you I'm 21, have no wrinkles (yet), and crazy oily skin. It takes a truly horrible product to make me dry, and this stuff does it. Additionally, I'm what I would imagine to be the perfect complexion color for this product; not so pale that it looks like yellow crayon, but light enough that it isn't strangely light, and still it looks very unnatural and yellow on me. I also have terrible hereditary bags under my eyes that no amount of sleep or eye cream will ever fix, and this doesn't seem to cover them, but rather accentuates them. And the packaging isn't my favorite. The black lid smudges really easily, there is always powder stuck under the sifter lid and around the lip of the outer rim, which my OCD personality can't take.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CarmenDigi

I am always in search of a concealer, brightener, highlighter, powder, etc. that will deal with my dark circles. I have dark circles and puffiness on the bottom and top of my eyes. I saw makeup tutorial and the girl used this product. She had really bad raccoon-like dark circles and it made a big difference. I purchases the Well Rested, in Yellow Ivory, earlier this week. Bottom line - love the product and would re purchase it until I find something better. I also use the Bare Minerals Stroke of Light, and Benefit WattsUp. The Well Rested is used after foundation. I put it on over both foundation and setting powder. It looks great. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by todosjahexistem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No matter how hydrated my under eyes are, what concealer I use, this powder ALWAYS looks cakey, dry and weird on me. I apply the minimum amount, and with a MAC 224 brush.