August 1, 2014 | 1047 users online

Moisturizers - Mary Kay - Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by angelica03martinez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

good for oily skin :) but I think its discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 9:58:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

This is a decent moisturizer. However, not really for the winter months. It works as a nice daytime moisturizer in the summer but it just isn't moisturizing enough for those dry winter months. I have combo/oily skin too so if it doesn't moisturize my skin enough in the winter...someone with drier skin it won't help at all.

It does smell pleasant and I love it from like May through September. If you are looking for something creamy and lightweight that won't break you out. Give it a chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Lizzard650

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can I just say...I LOVE this product. Before I purchased this, there was a definite hole in my skincare regime. If I had to describe my skin, I guess you could classify it as normal to combination. I get a little shine in my T-zone and chin but if I don't apply moisturizer after I wash, my face gets that "tight" feeling (especially during winter months). I'd tried many different moisturizers and had always found that they were too oily. They'd leave me with a slick or oily finish that made me feel like I had to go wash my face or at least wipe it with a wet washcloth an hour after I applied it. Or they'd just cause break outs. However, when I tried oil-free moisturizers I had the opposite problem. They didn't really moisturize at all and some even formed a film that would peel or rub off when I tried to apply my makeup (I'm talking about you, Aveeno products!). Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer has become the solution to my dilemma. It provides just enough moisture to prevent my face from getting dry patches but it doesn't go overboard and cause me to break out anywhere. The price is definitely reasonable at $11 or $12 a tube. I use this stuff every morning and night for several months now and have yet to run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really thin, watery moisturizer that makes my skin soft and works well as a primer. Not very moisturizing, though. I won't repurchase. Not bad, but not very good on my skin.

EDIT 2.28.14: My skin is now normal (finally) and it's just enough to smooth my skin. It's still not miraculous, but I like it. I might repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by sammraovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is now discontinued from the company, Mary Kay. This moisturizer does not have enough salicylic acid in it to fight acne, although it does leave the skin in a non oily non-greasy manner. The company said there's only 0.2% salicylic acid in it, which is terribly too low. I like to see 2.0, NOT 0.2. It will not clean out your pores. So you'll be stuck with black heads. If you have acne, try the Mary Kay Clear Proof Line. All the products (except the liquid toner) are good and should control acne well and get rid of black heads and bumps and other problems that come with oily skin. The best product in the Clear Proof Line is the Pore Purifying Serum. That's the one that works the magic of clearing the skin. The soap and moisturizer are ok, but you can get good stuff at CVS as far as cleansers and moisturizers are concerned, but at least Mary Kay FINALLY came out with a good BHA (salicylic acid in 2%) that can combat acne effectively. It's about time, and this is Mary Kay's first BHA that is good in over 5 years! What took them so long to get on the band wagon of good skin care????????? Oh well, they're on it now...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Good stuff:
- make the skin nice and soft
- Not super expensive
- Not real "heavy" feeling

Not so good stuff:
- Not great if you have real sensitive skin, can make it worse (did to mine after a few weeks). They need to make a version with no fragrance, etc.
- Does not score well with the EWG's Skin Deep database.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by hmonica99

I have been using this for a very long time...3 years or so? I have tried different things and I am always coming back to Velocity. It goes on so light and my skin feels moisturized and fresh all day. A lot of cremes give me a heaviness feeling or "film" on my face but Velocity doesn't at all. This is truly amazing and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by CynthiaAlva

This product really works. It helps limit your acne proneness. I am in my teen years and I don't get acne a lot...a little zit here and there and this helps my skin not get a lot. I would so recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by bsampson09

I'm not sure why- but no matter what moisturizers I decide to try out- I ALWAYS end up back at this product! I love the subtle floral scent and the lightweight feel of this moisturizer. It works well with my oily skin and doesn't make me overly oily like other products have used. It's something I can use all year round and would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by jewlz_4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this to remove any leftover eye makeup that my cleanser missed. Just rub a tiny amount on and wipe off with a tissue! Works great and keeps the skin around my eyes perfectly moisturized!