Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 8/16/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a great pressed powder and it does it's function perfectly. However, I think you can get similar products for a more affordable price. Still a great powder though!

on 8/2/2015 10:26:00 AM

I have had this product for several weeks and I LOVE it. I was looking for pressed powdered to set my foundation and came across this product. One of the 1st things that drew me to it was that it was a matte sheer pressed powered. So I have oily skin and am always on the look out for a great pressed matte powder. So I decided to take the plunge and buy it, which by the way was only $20. The first time I used it it really kept my shine down and I didn't look oily. So after a few weeks of using this powder almost everyday it has lasted basically all day with maybe 1 additional touch up. I really have no issues with this product. Would buy again

on 7/22/2015 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This over priced powder is just not worth it.....it doesn't keep my oily skin in check--it seems like I am MORE oily when I use this powder!! I have no IDEA how that works!!!
There are MANY drugstore brands that work a lot better then this powder. Clinique usually makes half decent stuff, this wasn't.
I ll also be honest--I bought this because I liked the compact, it looked tough....and I thought that since it was clinique, it would work for sure---I guess not this time :-/

on 7/9/2015 9:56:00 PM

Worst powder ever. I was an oil slick by end of day. I have oily skin but never ever do I have to powder or touch up through the day. I get better results from Rimmel matte powder and cover girl oil free powder. Even my boyfriend mentioned how shiny I looked. Returned it immediately.

on 7/8/2015 1:11:00 AM

Where exactly does Clinique get off marketing this as a foundation for oily skin? Waste of $50. After applying this over my Stila stay all day foundation (I'm shiny with it on so need a powder to finish) I was shiny in a few hours. One lippie for the cute compact, that's about the only good thing about it. Definitely not repurchasing, I've just about had it with Clinique.

on 5/15/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've repurchased this powder more times than I can remember - I've been using it for years, ever since my dermatologist recommended Clinique's products for my acne-ravaged skin.

Stay Buff is the perfect shade for me. I gently pat it onto my skin with a powder brush after applying concealer as needed; the texture is more forgiving on my acne scarring than any liquid foundation I've tried. Many people with acne scars and hyperpigmentation want more coverage than this powder will offer on its own, as I use it. I prefer to limit the layers of product going onto my skin, both to prevent further acne and to avoid the caked-on look. The Stay-Matte powder holds back shine even on my oily nose for about 4 hours, at which point it needs blotting or a touch-up. (It lasts longer when I use primer, but so far I haven't added one to my regular makeup routine.)

PROS
- Controls shine. How long it can do so depends on how oily your skin is and how hot or muggy the weather is.
- Available in lighter shades than Clinique's liquid foundations.
- Does NOT aggravate my acne. Yay!
- Lasts a decent while, even when worn every day. I buy about 2 compacts a year.
- Sheer to light coverage.
- No oxidizing on my skin.

CONS
- Can look dusty/chalky if applied too heavily. This has become more true for me, especially on my cheeks, as my skin has shifted in the past couple years from very oily to oily-combination.

on 3/24/2015 6:20:00 AM

I have very acne prone skin and was searching for a new powder when mine ran out. The salesgirl recommended this one since Clinique is supposedly good for sensitive skin. Whatever. This product increased my breakouts and seriously congested my entire forehead! It's the talc, I'm sure, as my skin has proved to be sensitive to any product with talc in it. If you have oily, acne skin, stay away from this product and don't be tempted by the matte aspect. It will irritate your skin!

on 3/5/2015 7:49:00 PM

I've been using Clinique's face powders for years and they have always worked well for me. I'm always looking for new oil-controlling powders to try since my T-Zone is pretty oily and usually I use Clinique's Superpowder Double Face Powder which works great. So recently when I saw this Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder at my local CCO I decided to give it a try. I have to say, I'm really glad I did and wish I had tried it earlier because I prefer this.

I purchased the shade 01 Stay Buff and the color is an excellent match for my skin-tone (MAC NW20 for reference). It applies smoothly and sets my concealer (Clinique's All About Eyes) and foundation (Clinique's Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup) really well without looking powdery or cakey. I find it controlling the oil in my T-Zone fairly well too, I only have to blot once during the day if that and it covers pores and has excellent staying power.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with Clinique's Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder and can definitely see myself repurchasing it in the future!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I purchased the Stay Matte Foundation recently and I really like it but, thought I should use a powder for extra staying powder. Well, after going to two Macys and not finding the loose powder I settled on the pressed powder.

This morning I set my foundation with the pressed powder using a brush and 2 hours later I noticed oiliness that I didn't even see the days I was using the foundation alone.

I will be returning this product and trying the loose powder hopefully with much better results.

on 10/7/2014 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Why they did suggested me this while I have dry skin?
Too powdery, made me look cakey.