Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 8/15/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was pleasantly surprised by this product, I thought that it would be similar to every other product out there but it`s not the same and it does remove everything! It's gentle on my eyes and skin, doesn't burn or itch at all, and last a long time. I'm definitively a fan!

on 8/14/2015 6:49:00 AM

I'm on my third bottle, I love this product! It completely removes all eye makeup, and lipsticks/lipstains/lipcreams. I've tried extremely matte and drying lipcreams that have the staying power of permanent paint but it comes right off with this product. It doesn't sting my eyes or make me break out. It does its job pretty well! This would be the only product I'm willing to spend extra on every time.

on 7/28/2015 9:16:00 AM

If you wear waterproof mascara, buy this.
This product, along with Bi-Facil from Lancome is the best eye make up remover on the market.

on 7/7/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

TLDR: if you can snag a freebie at Clinique bonus time, do it. You won't regret it.

I really think drugstore brands can suffice for most things - especially applications when the item just washes off, but this eye makeup remover is something that can convert me. Fortunately, it's almost always in the Clinique bonus bags so I've got quite a few since my mom uses Clinique religiously but doesn't wear makeup.

Pros: removes everything. EVERYTHING. That includes you waterproof mascara and korean apocalypse proof eyeliner. No noticeable "fake" smell. No alcohol feeling.
Cons: leaves a slightly greasy film that you have to make sure your cleanser can handle.

This is one of those makeup removers that you shake vigorously before using to mix the two components (I assume oil and water based parts) and it really does take all my makeup off. It never burns my eyes especially when I'm taking off stubborn eye makeup - I never have to rub, just repeat swiping motions to get all of it. I have used two part removers and they've never worked this well (MAC, Marcelle). I wrote in another review, I use a clarisonic and never have seen any makeup residue on their bristles. It doesn't feel harsh on your skin like some alcohol based cleansers (Sephora). I am not even going to write reviews for the other products. Just try it. It's worth it. If you want to save money, switch to Purpose face wash. It's cheap and with the two, your makeup and skin cleansing routine will be set.

on 5/24/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Effective even on my waterproof mascara, but it leaves my eyes a bit irritated. I've been using it for a couple weeks, but once my sample bottle is used up, I won't purchase this product.

PROS
- Removes even the most recalcitrant waterproof mascara. I was searching for something that would completely dissolve my Lancome Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara (which I don't particularly like but am determined to use up), and this does the job.
- No added fragrance, and no annoying chemical smell.
- Gentle on my skin.

CONS
- Leaves my eyes bleary and watery - no burning or stinging, just a lingering blurriness and irritation. The product's effectiveness in removing makeup can't make up for this unpleasant side effect.
- Pricey.

UPDATE: By the time I finished the sample, my skin was seriously unhappy with this product. Stinging around your eyes is no fun! Not purchasing, obviously.

on 5/16/2015 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination skin and my eye lids respond very badly to any rubbing. For that reason I've switched to balm cleansers that remove eye makeup as well. I used this while I was travelling because balms are harder to use away from home.

This is a bi-phase oil product so I shake vigorously and then soak a cotton pad and hold to each eye for thirty second then gently wiggle the cotton pad down my lashes. It didn't cause any irritation to my eyes or lids which was great. And it worked well to remove the majority of my eye makeup. I always had the feeling that some product was left at the roots of my lashes but nothing showed up on my second cleanse or pillows so that's probably just me not being used to this type of remover. I didn't use this on any waterproof formulas but it cut through my Too Face BTS which as tenacious as many wp formulas. I expect this would work just as well on them too.

I like the packaging and it didn't leave any oily residue on my eyes which I liked. I wouldn't buy it again only because I don't remove my eye makeup as a separate step. If you like eye makeup removers this is a solid choice but it did not dissuade me from my preference for balms....

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a decent eye makeup remover. It doesnt leave your eyes cloudy nor does it leave a disguisting greasy residue that you have to wipe off(which are common in drugstore ) i consider it pricey because it is slightly out of my budget(i m a college student after all), but if u do have the money, it is a good buy. It works better than those diy oil cleansing eye makeup remover(using pure jojoba oil) because the latter causes your eyes to become cloudy and a bit uncomfortable. It didnt irritate my eyes and removes waterproof makeup well.

on 4/17/2015 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had a few of these little bottles from Bonus Times and I though I should perhaps try it.
Well, I've been using it ever since - that was a few months ago.
It removes all traces of mascaras (waterproof or not) eyeshadows and you name it, without the need to rub your eyes. I am currently on my second little bonus time bottle and will definitely get a full-size one.

This is one of my all time favorite make-up removers. I love this product, my only thing I am not crazy about is the price. I have super sensitive skin and I love the way it makes my skin feel and it does not cause an irritation.

on 3/2/2015 2:47:00 AM

One of my favorite makeup removers!

Pros - removes makeup easily, even waterproof mascara; doesn't make my vision all blurry and doesn't irritate my eyes

Cons - Expensive; has a weird cap - almost like a child-proof cap that you have to push down and then twist. I don't see the necessity in this, and it makes using the product cumbersome.