Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 10/4/2015 6:43:00 AM

This product removes the darkest black mascara out there with just 2 washes, but it irritates my eyes. It is also expensive. As it is not enough eye-sensitive, it's a no-no for me. I'll move to a really eye-sensitive-proofed product at the chemist's, next.

on 10/1/2015 5:15:00 PM

Once upon a time, I used to rely on Clinique's Take the Day Off. Sure, it was more expensive than drugstore brands at $23 CDN. But, it was the only one that stung the least.

That's right I said it stung the LEAST, which meant that it still stung my sensitive eyes. Clinique was not my favourite, but I wasn't going to stop wearing makeup and it was the only reliable eye makeup remover I had that didn't break me up, give me sties (plural of sty?), and was able to remove my waterproof mascara.

I used this as my go-to eye makeup remover for years. I was incredibly unfaithful to it. I kept trying different makeup removers. It was expensive and I hated the price. I wouldn't mind so much about the price if it didn't leave the area around eyes feeling raw with a stinging sensation. Also, if you weren't careful and got it in your eyes, blurriness. (For example, by poking yourself with a Q-tip dipped in this product.)

I have tried the Nivea, the Marcelle, the Neutrogena, Avene, and everything else from the drugstore to find a better alternative to removing my makeup. I have also tried coconut, olive, mineral, and a bunch of other oils. Pure oils seem to break me out and leave me greasy. I was/am still on a hunt on a better eye makeup remover. I kept coming back to this stuff though because it was what hurt the least.

Admittedly the stinging sensation or the raw feeling would not last very long. But, the fact is, I felt it and it bothered me. I would shower and face my face immediately just so I could put on a heavy eye cream immediately after using this stuff.

On another comparative note, I find Lancome's Bi-Facil to be very similar to Clinique's Take the Day Off. I never actually purchased it outright, but it would always be packaged with other things I purchased in a sample size. Leaves the similar (comparatively minimal to other brands) raw, stinging sensation on my eyes but it works.

I have also used Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm with better, but similar results.

I recently discovered Garnier's Express 2-in-1 Eye Makeup Remover, which I actually love! This was one of my "unfaithful" purchases in search of something better. (Goodbye Clinique Take the Day Off and Lancome Bi-Facil!) I'll still use the Clinique Take the Day Off until I'm done the bottle, but it will be used to remove all makeup but my eyes.

There is one good thing I do like about Clinique's Take the Day Off. It's packaging. The top is push-pump mechanism that you press on the top and the product then goes onto your cotton pad (after you shake the bottle). Makes things simple.

Was the makeup remover that stung the least for a good while for me; and therefore, better than many other makeup removers.
Takes off waterproof makeup.
Pump mechanism is wonderful. Love the packaging.
Lots of people seem to like it?

Pricey and expensive.
Still stings and leaves your eyes with a raw-like-exposed feeling.
Possible blurriness if you're not careful.
Left with a feeling that there are better possibilities out there in the world.

on 9/21/2015 3:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This product truly does fulfill what it says it does. It removes all eye makeup, leaving a truly clean slate. My only problem with it though is that it sometimes stings the eye during use (as compared to those by Lancome and Chanel which also do the same thing but are still gentle with the eyes).

Bottomline: Pretty good as it is, but I've had better. To be honest, if you have the budget for it, stick to Chanel's or Lancome's liquid biphase eye makeup removers as they are indeed topnotch in removing even the most stubborn of eye makeup YET are comfortable to use at the same time. You can however, use this one if you're not so in the mood to splurge and can tolerate just a few seconds of eye sting.

on 8/15/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was pleasantly surprised by this product, I thought that it would be similar to every other product out there but it`s not the same and it does remove everything! It's gentle on my eyes and skin, doesn't burn or itch at all, and last a long time. I'm definitively a fan!

on 8/14/2015 6:49:00 AM

I'm on my third bottle, I love this product! It completely removes all eye makeup, and lipsticks/lipstains/lipcreams. I've tried extremely matte and drying lipcreams that have the staying power of permanent paint but it comes right off with this product. It doesn't sting my eyes or make me break out. It does its job pretty well! This would be the only product I'm willing to spend extra on every time.

on 7/28/2015 9:16:00 AM

If you wear waterproof mascara, buy this.
This product, along with Bi-Facil from Lancome is the best eye make up remover on the market.

on 7/7/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

TLDR: if you can snag a freebie at Clinique bonus time, do it. You won't regret it.

I really think drugstore brands can suffice for most things - especially applications when the item just washes off, but this eye makeup remover is something that can convert me. Fortunately, it's almost always in the Clinique bonus bags so I've got quite a few since my mom uses Clinique religiously but doesn't wear makeup.

Pros: removes everything. EVERYTHING. That includes you waterproof mascara and korean apocalypse proof eyeliner. No noticeable "fake" smell. No alcohol feeling.
Cons: leaves a slightly greasy film that you have to make sure your cleanser can handle.

This is one of those makeup removers that you shake vigorously before using to mix the two components (I assume oil and water based parts) and it really does take all my makeup off. It never burns my eyes especially when I'm taking off stubborn eye makeup - I never have to rub, just repeat swiping motions to get all of it. I have used two part removers and they've never worked this well (MAC, Marcelle). I wrote in another review, I use a clarisonic and never have seen any makeup residue on their bristles. It doesn't feel harsh on your skin like some alcohol based cleansers (Sephora). I am not even going to write reviews for the other products. Just try it. It's worth it. If you want to save money, switch to Purpose face wash. It's cheap and with the two, your makeup and skin cleansing routine will be set.

on 5/24/2015 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Effective even on my waterproof mascara, but it leaves my eyes a bit irritated. I've been using it for a couple weeks, but once my sample bottle is used up, I won't purchase this product.

- Removes even the most recalcitrant waterproof mascara. I was searching for something that would completely dissolve my Lancome Definicils Waterproof High Definition Mascara (which I don't particularly like but am determined to use up), and this does the job.
- No added fragrance, and no annoying chemical smell.
- Gentle on my skin.

- Leaves my eyes bleary and watery - no burning or stinging, just a lingering blurriness and irritation. The product's effectiveness in removing makeup can't make up for this unpleasant side effect.
- Pricey.

UPDATE: By the time I finished the sample, my skin was seriously unhappy with this product. Stinging around your eyes is no fun! Not purchasing, obviously.

on 5/16/2015 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have combination skin and my eye lids respond very badly to any rubbing. For that reason I've switched to balm cleansers that remove eye makeup as well. I used this while I was travelling because balms are harder to use away from home.

This is a bi-phase oil product so I shake vigorously and then soak a cotton pad and hold to each eye for thirty second then gently wiggle the cotton pad down my lashes. It didn't cause any irritation to my eyes or lids which was great. And it worked well to remove the majority of my eye makeup. I always had the feeling that some product was left at the roots of my lashes but nothing showed up on my second cleanse or pillows so that's probably just me not being used to this type of remover. I didn't use this on any waterproof formulas but it cut through my Too Face BTS which as tenacious as many wp formulas. I expect this would work just as well on them too.

I like the packaging and it didn't leave any oily residue on my eyes which I liked. I wouldn't buy it again only because I don't remove my eye makeup as a separate step. If you like eye makeup removers this is a solid choice but it did not dissuade me from my preference for balms....

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This is a decent eye makeup remover. It doesnt leave your eyes cloudy nor does it leave a disguisting greasy residue that you have to wipe off(which are common in drugstore ) i consider it pricey because it is slightly out of my budget(i m a college student after all), but if u do have the money, it is a good buy. It works better than those diy oil cleansing eye makeup remover(using pure jojoba oil) because the latter causes your eyes to become cloudy and a bit uncomfortable. It didnt irritate my eyes and removes waterproof makeup well.