December 17, 2014 | 1813 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by hippolyte93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

didn't work with my skin at all ! caused me minor breakouts on my chin and kind of irritated my skin and made my face feel very rough... i use other avene products so i know its not the brand it's just that product...i live in egypt and this product is kind of pricey and i really regret buying it...have no idea what to do with it now !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love this cream gel. I bought this product to fade my pimple marks left behind after my pimples due to my period and it works great for that even though its marketed for blemish and acne prone skin. My skin regimen already consist of Paula's choice BHA and Retin-A, however I wanted my red marks to fade faster that's why I added this to be used in the morning as I heard it contains AHA and AHAs are good for exfoliating skin on the surface unlike BHA.

It also makes my skin more glowy and smooth as well as hydrated for some reason. The pimples that came along with my period also died down faster. I like the texture of it. Its very light somewhat in between a gel and sorbent.

Excellent product. As I use this in the morning, I do apply sunscreen liberally on top of it and also avoid the sun as much as possible as AHA and BHAs both make skin photosensitive. The price is great too at least in my country, its $19,90 after discount and $25.40 before discount.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by eselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This really did nothing for my skin. I used this product for a sustained period of time during my teen years alongside the Avene cleanser, and it only aggravated my acne to the point where I needed antibiotic treatment. I'm so glad to have discovered purely natural skincare which is far more kinder and gentler for my face, and has actually helped my skin significantly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Ozil88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

GREAT for MILD to MODERATE acne and blemish-prone skin!It hydrates and exfoliates your skin.However,there may be a slight tingling sensation otherwise it feels great even for people like me with oily skin.My skin was SIGNIFICANTLY clearer after using it a few weeks.My blemishes became a lot lighter and pimples also decreased in size! HOWEVER,it may make your face appear a little shiny.Much better as compared to la roche posay effaclar k which made my feel oily as it doesn't get absorbed well into my skin.You should give this a try!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

I would say this is far better than anything LRP or Bioderma had to offer. This is like a light lotion if you are suffering from breakouts and need a lotion treatment, i like to use this under makeup when i really need help. This dries down quickly and layers very well but doens't leave me dry like LRP efflclar range. I feel that its effective and keeps me matte. This can be used at night too under anything you like but usu at night i use a spot treatment. The only thing i don't like is its strong fragrance but I can over look that given its efficacy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ashmaaa

This is the best treatment i have used throughout my 13 years of battling with acne. It is a chemical exfoliant gentle enough to use every night. ( from a person with sensitized raw reactive skin) its like magic, it calms ur inflammations n i hv noticed a significant reduction in pore size, inflammation, acne scars. Stings if u use after a hot shower or exfoliation ( i exfoliate w muslin cloth) so give ur skin ample time to recover. Products which i have tried and that have burned my skin in the past: benzoyl peroxide 2.5% worked in my teens but it burned my skin in just one application last year. Differen caused me to have an eczema attack (with peeling eyelids and all) retin-a too drying. Salicylic acid on its own too irritating n itchy. I believe its present in the cleanance k as well but the overall formula is moisturizing. Stay away from gel formulas if u hv dry acneic skin like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by ilovekimi

Used it for a year now. My skin has became a lot smoother since then. Less whiteheads now. I can't say that it helped a lot with acne but it definitely made it heal quicker.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Jules0X

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff worked for me. I have never used another product that had such an effect on my skin. (EDIT: Garnier Overnight Dark Spot Peel did help me a lot but that is very moisturizing where as this is matte and can be worn in the day under makeup). This helps so much to smooth skin by removing dead skin cells and helping my skin-cell turnover. It has helped reduce scarring from acne and (I think) prevent new ones from forming. It's not greasy and has a quite matte finish (although it won't last more than a few hours if you have oily skin). REMEMBER: wear sunscreen if you use this product during the day. Really you should always wear sunscreen in the day, but it is especially important with products like these with AHAs that will increase your skin's sensitivity to light.
BOTTOM LINE: I put this on at night and wake up with more even-toned and even-textured skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Please note: this is not a moisturiser - it is a chemical exfoliant so should be used with care. I bought it for my upper arms to help fade a few stubborn marks much quicker than my current regime, in time for summer. I have a revolting habit of picking at any spots on my arms if I'm wearing short sleeves and the marks take ages to fade. I've recently been using rosehip and jojoba oil then layering with Cleanance K exfoliant because of the AHA and BHA content and it's boosting the fading process as the marks are shrinking much quicker now. I am being extra careful to keep my arms covered when out while I'm using this product to ensure I don't get hyperpigmentation marks. I can tell by the strong smell and initial sensation that its too strong for my face (I have to be careful with glycolic acid) so I will be sticking to my usual brands of salicylic acid correcting lotion and retinol cream for my face.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Avene Cleanance K

This is essentially a chemical exfoliator with Alpha Hydroxy Acids that help accelerate skin cell turnover, thus removing dead skin cells revealing newer more healthy skin.

I like this product, definitely more for spot-treatments only because Its very strong. Not great for sensitive skin at all.

Overall, it's a great product which will definitely improve the texture of your skin, but you need to take it slow. If you have normal skin that is very dull, dry, rough this is PERFECT.

9/10