January 31, 2015 | 1828 users online

Blush - MAC - Dollymix

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 11:10:00 AM More reviews by elusivek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have fair to light skin with cool to neutral undertones. This color is my favorite blush color to date. Many people raved about Nars Orgasm but that looks muted and orangey on me, not like my particular natural coloring. However, Dollymix is the pink version of Orgasm for us cooler toned people. On me it is a flushed, healthy, flirty natural shade that is perfection with just a hint of shimmer for a subtle glow (I don't like high shimmer/shine or glitter and a lot of mattes can be flat).

This blush is very pigmented so apply with a light hand and build up or you risk the dreaded "clown look" :)

I hesitate to call anything a holy grail but I think this just may be my winter blush version. I will probably use something a touch warmer for summer though. I just purchased it so I can't tell you how it will look with a tan. I will update when I do and if I think it's good for year round.

As for the packaging, I am a minimalist and prefer it without the compact so I can customize. If I wasn't, I'd say the compact is average. It has kind of a dome shape so I think that takes up extra room that it doesn't need to but it's not very wide like most compacts so it's a spacesaver that way.

It's $17 for the .21oz/6g refill pan (my preference) and $22 with the compact, which I don't think is bad at all for a HE product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2015 7:29:00 PM More reviews by nancem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG blush. I started using it about 6 years ago and never stopped. I love the colour. I get compliments all the time. As soon as I'm out I buy another one. I'm super loyal to this colour and won't stop buying it any time soon

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2015 12:27:00 AM More reviews by bo1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Goes on the skin the exact same color as is in the pan. A little (and I mean even a dab) goes a long way. i don't use a brush for this because it deposits too much on my face, especially considering how pigmented it is. I like to use my finger and lightly sweep over it and dab it on my cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Apply sparingly with one very gentle sweep of the brush. Fantastic colour pay off. Beautiful dolly pink colour that is true to what you see in the pan! Looks great with eye makeup in blues or greens. I've had mine ages as you need very little.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Ingriedche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

works well on my yellow-to-tan skin colour. Got nothing to complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love it. It has some subtle shimmer, but nothing too 'fake' or noticeable. It makes your face come alive and gives your cheeks a healthy glow :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by phoebechadwick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My sister uses this and I thought, "gosh, that looks like clown make up." Wrong again as usual. Just a sweep on the cheekbone is all one needs to look fresh and vibrant. A little goes a long way if you know what I mean.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by funky_bee

Unlike many pink blushes, this does not turn orange on my face. The colour is lovely and shimmery. Perfect for the night. However, one must remember to use this with a very light hand, in order not to end up like a clown.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by rubie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this blush! Usually pink blushes, especially bright pinks, tend to look orangey on me, but Dollymix comes off a true pink on my skin. It has shimmer, but it's not too glittery, and gives a really pretty glowy appearance to my cheeks. All in all, I love it. Definitely will be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm NW 50, and this blush makes me look like a clown. It's just not flattering at all. The color is too bright and unnatural on my skin tone. Even when I use a light hand, it still looks jarring on me. I wouldn't recommend this for darker-skinned ladies.