April 19, 2014 | 935 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hmmm... I liked this colour when I first bought it. But I have come to hate it. It just does not suit me well. I don't think it's ugly, and it probably looks gorgeous on others, but on me it just looks really weird. It doesn't go with any makeup I apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4eva28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love up the amp it's such a festive happy colour it smells good and comes on well stay on really long x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the color suggested by the MAC tech when I was searching for an "orchid" lipstick. Love the intense purple-pink color. Smooth application. Wears well over lip primer. A great addition to anyone's lipstick collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great medium-purple lipstick. I really don't think the pictures give it justice. A must try lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by aijaraza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love Mac lipsticks and have been using it almost exclusively for the past 5 years. Love the many colors, shades and finishes. I wanted to get Heroine but it was out of stock and the SA said she would not recommend it for mature women. She showed me Up the Amp in amplified creme and I tried it. It is a lovely purple pink which glides on so smoothly and looks good on fair to medium complexion. I absolutely love it. It grabs attention in a positive way and doesn't dry the lips. It's the latest to join my collection of Mac lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by daisyspirit4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

J'adore this color! I look very pretty with it on the color payoff is great (what do you expect we're talking about the cult favorite brand MAC). It is a wearable purple toned lippy that looks great on during the day! In my opinion I think it is too bright and peppy for night/clubby use.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Emilymarie0103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Up the Amp is, for the past few months, my go to lipstick, its a great colour year round I think. It feels light on the lips which is really nice. Being an amplified creme lipstick is defined as being creamy, high impact with a slight shine. MAC hit the nail on the head with this one as some lipsticks that I have that are a bit more opaque/bright tend to be a matte/satin finish and can cause dryness to my lips. This one is very comfortable to wear, opaque and is a lovely pop of subtle and fun colour :)

I find the wear time of this lipstick to be quite good, when eating heavy meals (burgers and greasy foods...etc) of course it will wear off a bit faster being a creamier consistency but with general eating/drinking its great and will last me a good sometimes 5-6 hour wear before touch up is needed.
I also have tested and tired the whole blotting after application thing and it really does help with this lipstick for me.

I will definitely repurchase Up the Amp :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This dark rose is bubble-gummy colour, great vanilla smell like more MAC ffregrences and cosmetics..... I still have a tube from early 2006, still didn't finsh it, I own over 100 lipsticks and lipglosses,a nd atleast 40% or more are from the MAC company. MLBB and gives a matte finish, I put ligh layers on, you can build this colour up, it has a shine and is moiturizing, I have colours similr to this not hard to find. It's not my HD an dit's not a limited edition. I can use a hint of pink when I' m in the mood, I will wear this for an evening out or to a party. It has warm cool undertones, I like cool undertones better, a mix of both is one of the best because it gives this pink-esqu lipstick a unique shiny-opaque finish. MAC does make great stuff lasts 8+ hours like most lipsticks do and should

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love, love, love this color! This is definitely my go to cool shade lipstick. I don't know why I didn't notice it before. With this purple trend going on right now, I wanted to get something Heroine-like, because I wasn't sure about Heroine yet. (I finally purchased it.)

Up the Amp is about 1 shade lighter than Heroine. It's also similar to MAC RiRI Boy (matte). This color would look nice on many complexions. It's very creamy, goes on smooth, it's highly pigmented, and has decent staying power. I get a bit of the violet look, but not over the top - subtle and WOC friendly without looking glow in the dark. As mentioned in my Heroine review, sometimes I use the 2 colors together for an ombre look. I prefer berry liner with this color. Also Maybelline's Color Sensational Lavender Lavish is a perfect matching gloss for Up the Amp.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Pocahontasq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one my first lipstick purchases from MAC in 2011. I have to say its been my favorite go to lippie!! From the application to the finish its impeccable. Not to mention after wearing it for an ample amount of time it doesn't dry out making your lips look crusty. I have had 3 so far and will continue to purchase this amazing product!!