November 20, 2014 | 1869 users online

Styling Products - Aquage - Beyond Shine

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Caramel_Apples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Close-to-HG hair product. I have dry hair, and don't notice any additional dryness using this product. I just spray a light mist from roots to ends and it adds volume, controls frizz, smoothes and straightens, and adds a bit of shine. Funny enough, given the name, I think the shine is the least-noticeable effect.
As long as I spray lightly, it doesn't weigh my hair down like many other products have. The only thing I dislike is the smell, but that fades by the time I'm done blow-drying.
Very recommended if you want a multitasking, low-maintenance hair product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by JelloJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product after reading the reviews. I was so excited to try it. VERY DISAPPOINTED. It does nothing. I mean nothing. Not even shine a little. I have tried it several times, thinking that maybe I needed to give it a chance. Nada. Not sure what to think. There must be a better shine spray out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by onthebrink247

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this product for a long time. My hair started breaking very badly and I couldn't figure out why. I asked my sister, who is a hairdresser, to help me figure it out. I brought her the products I had been using. The first or second ingredient in this product was the culprit. Can you believe Butane? Really, like I wanted to light my hair on fire. It was breaking my hair something fierce. I would stay away from this product at all costs!

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by jillbeannw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great styling product. I use it as a finishing spray most of the time. I also use it as a heat protector before curling my hair or using any type of heat source. It's not sticky and adds a great shine to your strands. Layering the product isn''t an issue. Hold and spray a good twelve inches from your hair to lightly mist for best results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hairstylist recommended this to me and I absolutely love it! I spray it on my hair after styling and my hair feels like I just left the salon! It has a pretty shine to it like after it has been blow dried by a professional. It also has a great salon scent to it! This is definitely one of my favorite hair products!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by manda9794

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product for flatironing. Don't overdo it as it will make your hair greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by CHELLE44

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is great for thick frizzy hair! Def what to use if you want flat, straight hair

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

It contains SD alcohol 40, which dries your hair out. There are good and bad alcohols in terms of hair prettiness, this is on the hit list.

However, it does what it says; makes flat ironing a breeze, makes hair smoother, holds the style a bit, and (I think.. not sure..) adds shine.

Thus, it's good to use for special occasions but I wouldn't suggest daily use.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A must-have for anyone with hard to flat iron hair. Often times I'll spray this on my bangs and any frizzy parts on my canopy before flat-ironing, but I don't even need to heat style after using this. It instantly makes my waves so shiny and frizz free. Also, I compared the ingredients and this is almost identical to Tigi Bedhead Headrush Shine Adrenaline shine spray. They also smell exactly the same!

Aquage Beyond Shine ingredients:
SD Alcohol 40, Isobutane, Cyclomethicone, Propane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Dimethicone, Phytantriol, Hypnea Musciformis Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa Extract, Sargassum Filipendula Extract, Sorbitol, Ascophyllum Nodosium Extract, Chondrus Crispus Extract, Macrocystis Pyifera Extract, Propylene Glycol, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Algae.

Tigi Bed Head Headrush ingredients:
SD ALCOHOL 40, ISOBUTANE, CYCLOMETHICONE, PROPANE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, PANTHENYL ETHYL ETHER, ETHYL ESTER OF HYDROLYZED SILK, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, FRAGRANCE, PHYTANTRIOL

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by luxepiggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The holy grail! I have found it, and it is in a blue spray bottle!!! (^(oo)^)v

This stuff is fantastic! In my eternal quest for more shine, I have tried many, many shine sprays, and this stuff is the real deal. I have stick-straight, thin hair, and aquage beyond shine gives me touchable, super-shiny, soft and tangle-free tresses - without weighing it down or causing it to look greasy or oily. I love it!