Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 8/24/2015 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There' some things that you never get sick of, Revlon Super Lustrous Creme being one of those staple stuff. There's no frills, no scent, the formula is stellar especially for the price, nothing to hate about these lipsticks!! I agree that some darker, vampy shades tend to be a little more unforgivingly patchy but Pink in the Afternoon is creamy, soft and simply great for everyday wearing! Because of my coloring, this color pulls a bit more coral on me so I wear it mostly in warmer weathers. The pigmentation is great, almost a bit too pigmented, covering up all your little lip flaws. I have a birthmark on my top lip and this lipstick covers it like a champ! (Not that I mind it showing but it's pretty dark and I'm impressed by the Revlon's coverage) I like Temptress for wintertime, it's almost in the same depth (a touch lighter than Pink in the Afternoon) and is a cooler tone which I find more appropriate for winter.

on 8/23/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have light skin but fairly red/dark-ish lips for my skintone, so I have to look hard to find lighter nude/pink lipsticks that suit me, but this one is lovely. A subtle, girly pink shade. Goes on evenly and creamy, and has nice pigmentation.
I have a couple of other lipsticks from Revlon's super lustrous range, and all the ones I do have are lovely.

on 4/30/2015 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my absolute favourite pink lipstick. I wear it everyday because it's subtle but it pulls together my makeup look very nicely. What I like most about it is how versatile it is. If I want to go for a natural look, i'll just use one swipe. If i'm going out at night, i'll build up the colour and then use a gloss over top of it. Definitely a lipstick I have with me at all times.

on 4/13/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not sure how i feel about this lipstick.. When I first tried it on, I didn't like it at all, it looked really bad on my natural lip colour. But when I tried it with foundation underneath I did like it, though it did look more peachy than pink on me. I don't own any other light pink lipsticks, so there's not much to compare it to. I didn't find it very long lasting but I do love the formula. I also really love putting it on top of dark pink berry shades, makes it look very fresh and nice! I just feel like the colour is a bit too light for me, because my lips are naturally darker even though I'm light skinned and blonde. However it is a cute colour and a nice addition to my lipstick collection and do reccomend trying it out for yourself.

on 4/2/2015 7:05:00 PM

So, I don't know why but this is not at all pink on me. I checked the label several times to be sure I purchased Pink in the Afternoon because I just couldn't believe I was wearing what everyone was describing! On my lips it just looks like a 90s nude/brown. More like Fig in the Afternoon. It has the added attraction of making my teeth look very yellow. Eh, I might try with a lip liner because the formula seems quite nice. And maybe it will look better with a tan.

on 3/26/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Oh my, this is SUCH a gorgeous lippie! I was looking for something exactly like this. I've never had anything like this color and I have over 100 lipsticks. I buy a lipstick almost every time I get out of the house lol. Talk about obsessed ! All my lipsticks that are a little similar to this one are either just a little to dark or too pink. This one is just what I was looking for.
I wore it today and couldn't stop myself from gazing in any reflective surface. It's not exactly a "my lips but better" but it's very wearable. It's perfect for a "pretty fresh faced girl" look. I do that as a winged black liner with no eyeshadow, mascara, blush and lipstick. Someone here said it's vibrant but not loud. Perfect description! I would also say it's a very girly, youthful color. This lipstick brightens your whole face. I think every girl should have this in her collection. I wish I had ten of this one just so I know I would never be without it. Another one that is gorgeous is L'oreal color riche in Julianne's nude. Check that one too. If you love this I bet you'll love that one, too.

on 3/22/2015 4:43:00 PM

It's a perfect everyday pink lip. Great if you're going for a natural pretty look. Will always repurchase this!

on 3/17/2015 1:01:00 AM

I first heard of this lipstick as a dupe for the lipstick that Audrey Hepburn's character as Holly Golightly uses in Breakfast at Tiffany's. I'm so happy I heard of it, because it's such a pretty soft pink. It actually goes on a bit darker pink for me (unusual as paler pinks don't usually show on my lips), but it's such a pretty pink. I think this color will show differently on people, but will always be a very pretty and flattering pink color (even if you don't think pink looks good on you). This lipstick is great for work, as it also moisturizes and is just enough pigment without looking overly made-up at work. You also don't need a lipliner to make this color look great. Will definitely keep purchasing.

on 3/2/2015 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Actually, it's hard to really describe its color. It sits in the middle of being it a pink or leaning towards coral/peachy color but it's definitely more like a pink to me. It's vibrant but not a loud color. I have used this lipstick many times on myself and clients coz the color suits any skin color. I'd just say that the color makes a woman instantly pretty and fresh. I just love the color and it's definitely a safe color, not too loud and not nude/pale.

on 2/9/2015 6:55:00 AM

This pink is great for those who find coral shades too warm. I struggle to wear bright pink unless it's fuschia which I find too loud. This however looks as though it's going to pull warm but on my skin (neutral leaning towards cool) it's perfect. Reminds me of MAC Chatterbox. The staying power is great considering it has a creamy texture/finish. Definitely recommend!