April 20, 2014 | 1585 users online

Treatments - Pantene - Relaxed and Natural Oil Cream Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by misstaryn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have relaxed hair. relax about every 5 weeks and often hair dry hair. I did not like this product. The smell is ok but its a lot like lotion. absorbed really quickly and seemed to just disappear on my hair. This may work well if you want a slightly shiny non greasy look in a pony. I also used it on my son who has coarse, dry, cextremly curl hair. his hair drank this up and left no signs of moisture or shine. will NOT repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by curlytals

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

hair type: curly 3c hair type
well this is a review on the second time using this product *NOT BAD* >>>BUT!<<<<< *NOT THE BEST*
CONS: greasy , lotion like not cream , moisturize not enough to detangle hair .

PROS: smell great , adds shine "becuz of mineral oil" , does add moisture .

WILL I BUY IT AGAIN : YEAH BECAUSE OF THE SMELL.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SourPatch77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product! I have non-relaxed, extremely kinky, African American hair that never wants to lie straight but my hair is much easier to handle during those early morning school days so I like to flat iron it. This is the only thing that makes my hair straight without weighing it down or making it feel and look greasy. After blow drying I separate my hair into sections and lightly lotion down my hair with this cream before flat ironing. I don't use a lot of this on my hair because you really don't need to use that much to get the great results! When I flat iron my hair with this my hair is left feeling soooooo soft! And it gives your hair a healthy sheen. This product also protects against breakage. I've seen less and less each time I use it. I have to give Pantene their props on this one! They did great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lefty986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am natural with coarse type 3c/4a hair and I find this to be a great product for re-moisturizing my hair in between washes. It also eliminates frizz and adds shine.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by monalisa

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I relax my hair and tried this when I was styling it straight. NOT good for that hair style, as it weighed it down and left it feeling greasy. It may work for natural, curly and relaxed hair that it worn curly, rather than heat styled.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay so I was at Big Lots yesterday looking at the products and came across this one. I thought that it might be nice and moisturizing for my fine, damaged hair. I went ahead and purchased it. I got home and began reading the negative reviews for the product here on MUA. I was a little afraid to try the product...but I tried it today anyway on damp hair. I used a very small amount, about a dime size. I mixed it with some Garnier Conditioning Glaze (which I also bought yesterday from BL). The two products emulsified nicely in my hand and I spread it over my hair. I was able to comb through my hair pretty easy. I then let it air dry. Wow, after airdrying my hair looks and feels nice! It is shinier than usual and even has a bit more body. It is also very soft! My highlights (mostly the damaged part of my hair) also look more vibrant! I was pleasantly surprised about this product. The consistency of it reminds me of TIGI After Party and seems to perform in a similar way. I would definitely buy this again if it keeps giving me such nice results. I think the key to this one is you have to use it sparingly, otherwise it will make your hair greasy - use it much like you would the TIGI AP. Good stuff and since the bottle is big I will have it for a long time! By the way - my hair is mostly caucasian (I have a mixed ethnicity) and it has a natural curl to it. It is wavy in some sections and curlier underneath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have thick, dry, curly hair so anything that moisturizes it is awesome. I sometimes use this as a leave-in conditioner after I wash my hair but this stuff is very heavy so I can't add too much. Sometimes, if my hair is frizzing up, I'll add a very small amount to the frizzy areas to help control them. However, I can't use this every day because my hair will get weighed down and oily. But in small amounts this stuff works very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2009 12:17:00 PM More reviews by MsAnthropy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have relaxed uncolored hair.

Its kind of hay like and fly away I use this when smoothing my hair all back into a bun.

It smells very good and adds a subtle sheen. It makes the hair look cohesive. No flyaways or shorties sticking up. Everything together and polished.

I also notice it makes the puffy area right above my ears lay flat when i need a relaxer if i rub this in it and follow with a fine tooth comb.

Very useful though it can make hair greasy if you use it everyday along the lengths. Also the smell of it in your hair goes from wonderful to frowsy in a day.

Also not particularly moisturizing IMO. creamy but u can feel the water content.

Good for what I use it for though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Muffett

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I believe this product has bleached the color from my hair and caused damage and breakage to my hair. I started using R&N two years ago and loved it until.... Six months ago I realized that for the last two years my hair has been turning red and breaking off. Most of My hair turned auburn in the summer and brown in the winter even though I used black hair color. Also I begin to notice lots of hair breaking off and now my hair is down to two inches in some areas. I stopped using R&N three months ago and my hair has not turned red this summer and the breakage has slowed down, I mentioned this to my sister who used all Pantene products she realized her hair had turned various colors and was breaking off as well. Eureka!! The only new product I had used in the last two years was Pantene...Go figure.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Herbalista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

MY HAIR TYPE

Natural, totally chemical-virgin spiral curls a la Scary Spice. Looks like the American Idol Jordin Sparks might have the same curl pattern (3B-3C according to Oprah's hair stylist/curly.com?). Don't know about theirs, but the texture of mine is actually pretty fine and fragile. It's easy to weigh it down with a lot of product, and when it's saturated with water in the shower, it looks much longer and straighter--with large loopy wet curls the circumferance of a hot dog and flowing down to the band of the bra. The curls gradually shorten over the day they've been washed, until the second day, when they reach their final (shoulder-length) length.

PAST PRODUCTS

My search for the perfect hair product has been a 20 year saga. I will spare you most of it. Just know that I had years of crunchy curls from the misguided mousse and gel fads of the early and later 90s, respectively. But on the other hand, my problem with the African-ancestry hair section of U.S. stores has been that the products are far too heavy and emollient and greasy on my hair texture/weight. I used the brown gel (Ampro) for a while in undergrad, but it was a sticky brown mess that did not give a good texture, either.

What I have been using for the past 3-4 years is the boutique line, Wen, by Chaz Dean (I use the Fig cleansing conditioner as a leave-in product, right after stepping out of the shower). The results have been pretty good (non-crunchy curls that are neither dried out nor too greasy). But, I accidentally bought this Pantene product when someone put it on the same shelf as the Relaxed & Natural conditioner...so here's my review....

REVIEW

This is a very emollient, oil-heavy lotion (fairly drippy). I was scared when I encountered this, thinking I should just return it for the regular conditioner I meant to buy. It reminded me too much of the activators and lotions and creams from the African-marketed part of the store (see above).

The smell is quite strong, and I find it unpleasant (it has a strong whiff of watermelon about it, which I hate, plus an oil-undertone).

Now, this is very strange on my hair when applied (to wet, just out of the shower, almost dripping hair). It goes on normally, but after a few minutes, the oils in the cream cause it to bead up on the wet strands and drop down in white-colored droplets. I recommend sleeping with a satin cap on to avoid an oily pillow.

After a few hours, when the hair has dried, though, is where the surprise occurs. It has defined the curls, weighed them down enough without being too much, and made them look moisturized. I will be honest with you: it eers towards looking like there is oil in the curls, there is no denying that. BUT, it doesn't look bad; just like lightly oiled, defined curls.

The next day, when the hair is dry, it will never look "DRY, dry." It will still have a sheen of oil on it and discernible curl pattern.

There's just one problem with this: the oiliness continues. So, even 3 days after you first applied it to wet hair, you will touch your hair and take your fingers away, and you WILL see and feel a sheen on them! I mean, enough that you would not want to touch a glossy magazine cover or pristine silk dress after. For that reason, I have taken off a star and warn you: this is an OIL cream moisturizer, and not for those who hate oil's characteristics.

WARNING

If you have acne-prone skin, be careful to keep your wet hair off your face with this product on it. The label includes several ingredients that may cause breakouts--and for me, personally, Cetearyl Alcohol is the number one cause of product-triggered pimples on my face. I avoid this ingredient in skincare like it's plagued, so it gave me a chill to see it listed, and high up on the label! Your skin might tolerate it though; each of us is sensitive to different ingredients.