Pantene Relaxed and Natural Oil Cream Moisturizer

3.1

on 7/13/2015 3:27:00 PM

This used to be my HG hair product a long time ago. But then it disappeared from store shelves for a while and when it came back, it was reformulated and repackaged in a tube. It used to be in a squeeze bottle like what is pictured here. This was several years ago, I'm talking like 2008.
And I still miss it! I wish I had stockpiled because I have never found another product that even comes close to the old stuff. At the time, this was the only styling product I used and this went on for about two years. My hair grew out so long and pretty, it was seriously the best hair I ever had in my life. I used it to moisturize my ends, after blow-drying and before curling iron. It provided heat protection, moisture, and kept my hair so healthy and soft.
I tried the newer formula, I even bought it more than once. It's just not the same product at all. It has a different, thinner texture and doesn't moisturize enough. Makes my hair a little sticky and weighed-down. It does not deliver the same results! Unless Pantene goes back to the original formula (how I wish they would!) I won't be buying this product again. And my search for replacement HG continues.

on 3/21/2015 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, let me start off by saying that I am caucasian with super fine, almost straight hair that dries out from silicones and LOVES products intended for very curly hair. Strange, I know. My hair loves this. It is seriously one of the only coney products that doesn't dry my hair out or cause breakage and splits for me. I have the newer version in the tube. Does it weigh my hair down?? maybe a touch, but my hair is so fine and limp anyway that is long as I don't look like a grease slick I don't mind. I actually like this better than Crece Pelo's leave in, and that is saying something!!! I use literally a dab on damp hair, and my hair is soooo moisturized. I can see this being greasy on thicker dryer hair that requires more product. But if you have caucasian hair, and use this as you would a leave in or serum, the results can be fantastic!!! I normally can't use Pantene, because of the massive silicones in their products, but this, their cleansing conditioner in the brown bottle, and their Moisture Whip ( apparently discontinued. waaaaah) are freaking AWESOME in my hair. Must be the addition of mineral oil, which I normally shy away from, but sometimes you just want that nice, perfumed fragrance, you know??? Anyway, I love this stuff and hope it isn't discontinued because it is one of the few drugstore, non-natural brands that I can actually use without damaging my super-fragile, tangle-prone tresses. So, if your hair likes serums or mineral oil, this may be worth a try for you. Just start off using sparingly. HIH :)

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I actually love this product! I have very curly hair 3b/c type and when I decided to stop straightening my hair I had a hard time finding ways to keep the moisture in my curls. I purchased this item a few months back and only used it once because I was not a fan of what it did to my straightened hair. It gave it too much moisture and made my straight hair look very limp. So one day in between a co-wash I put it on my hair before bed with a silk scarf and woke up amazed! My curls were so shiny and defined and best of all not frizzy!! I was hooked! It's a great product to tame your curls:)

on 8/16/2014 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

This product is amazing!! It literally brought my hair back to life! Leaves your hair silky, smooth and moisturized without feeling greasy. I highly recommend this product

on 9/19/2012 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I have relaxed hair. relax about every 5 weeks and often hair dry hair. I did not like this product. The smell is ok but its a lot like lotion. absorbed really quickly and seemed to just disappear on my hair. This may work well if you want a slightly shiny non greasy look in a pony. I also used it on my son who has coarse, dry, cextremly curl hair. his hair drank this up and left no signs of moisture or shine. will NOT repurchase.

on 11/20/2011 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

hair type: curly 3c hair type
well this is a review on the second time using this product *NOT BAD* >>>BUT!<<<<< *NOT THE BEST*
CONS: greasy , lotion like not cream , moisturize not enough to detangle hair .

PROS: smell great , adds shine "becuz of mineral oil" , does add moisture .

WILL I BUY IT AGAIN : YEAH BECAUSE OF THE SMELL.

on 10/27/2011 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is an amazing product! I have non-relaxed, extremely kinky, African American hair that never wants to lie straight but my hair is much easier to handle during those early morning school days so I like to flat iron it. This is the only thing that makes my hair straight without weighing it down or making it feel and look greasy. After blow drying I separate my hair into sections and lightly lotion down my hair with this cream before flat ironing. I don't use a lot of this on my hair because you really don't need to use that much to get the great results! When I flat iron my hair with this my hair is left feeling soooooo soft! And it gives your hair a healthy sheen. This product also protects against breakage. I've seen less and less each time I use it. I have to give Pantene their props on this one! They did great!

on 9/11/2010 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am natural with coarse type 3c/4a hair and I find this to be a great product for re-moisturizing my hair in between washes. It also eliminates frizz and adds shine.

on 9/10/2009 1:01:00 AM

I relax my hair and tried this when I was styling it straight. NOT good for that hair style, as it weighed it down and left it feeling greasy. It may work for natural, curly and relaxed hair that it worn curly, rather than heat styled.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Okay so I was at Big Lots yesterday looking at the products and came across this one. I thought that it might be nice and moisturizing for my fine, damaged hair. I went ahead and purchased it. I got home and began reading the negative reviews for the product here on MUA. I was a little afraid to try the product...but I tried it today anyway on damp hair. I used a very small amount, about a dime size. I mixed it with some Garnier Conditioning Glaze (which I also bought yesterday from BL). The two products emulsified nicely in my hand and I spread it over my hair. I was able to comb through my hair pretty easy. I then let it air dry. Wow, after airdrying my hair looks and feels nice! It is shinier than usual and even has a bit more body. It is also very soft! My highlights (mostly the damaged part of my hair) also look more vibrant! I was pleasantly surprised about this product. The consistency of it reminds me of TIGI After Party and seems to perform in a similar way. I would definitely buy this again if it keeps giving me such nice results. I think the key to this one is you have to use it sparingly, otherwise it will make your hair greasy - use it much like you would the TIGI AP. Good stuff and since the bottle is big I will have it for a long time! By the way - my hair is mostly caucasian (I have a mixed ethnicity) and it has a natural curl to it. It is wavy in some sections and curlier underneath.