November 29, 2014 | 1731 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

My mom swears by this stuff, and although I like it too, I can assure you there are far more better soaps out there.
It is very lightweight and not harsh on the skin. It doesn't have any exuberant properties from what I've read on the ingredient list so this doesn't target bacteria or anything; it is good for maintaining your skin's natural flora balance, which means this soap may not cause yeast infection in women after frequent use, (unlike Protex soap) which is good.
It has a faint fresh scent and it is NOT moisturizing at all. Every time I have used this soap my skin feels kind of dry so moisturizer is always necessary after showering.
For the cheap price this very basic soap is not that bad at all. You should give it a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by mayberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This soap is very harsh on my dry skin. It exacerbates my eczema and leaves my skin very dry and itchy. It may work well for those with oily skin on their chest and back.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Andie97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite soap! I decided to go back to basics with my skincare, and use Ivory soap as my face and body cleanser, then follow with Olay Hydrating Fluid during the day, and Ponds Dry Skin Cream at night. I have oily skin, so this works perfectly as a makeup remover/facial cleanser, and leaves my skin feeling smooth and looking balanced and healthy. I break out or react to most facial cleansers, but this simple bar soap works well for me. Dove Beauty Bar also works great, but I prefer Ivory. The smell is amazing, I never get tired of it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ivory soap smells nice and clean but it is very drying so I don't use it anymore on my skin, even in the shower. But - I love it as a stain remover for my laundry! I just wet the bar, rub it on the stained spots, leave for a bit, then wash as usual. Works great every time and better (and also cheaper) than the spray stain removers out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by lulubai5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this soap. I used it as a child always.
The problem is that it is very drying. It crumbles apart easily and I find it leaves terrible soap scum in the bathroom. It does have a very fresh clean scent though.
I must go back to my fave Dove for sensitive skin.
Even my kids and hubby asked for our regular soap again!
We did use the rest to blow up in the microwave (saw a link on fun experiments for kids!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this soap. For bday and face. Gets off grime, fresh smelling, gentle in winter and great value.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Holyskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was never too sure about soap but always sort of liked the idea of it. With soap-free cleansers, I'd always wash my face twice, but with soap, once is definitely enough. In my quest to find the perfect cleanser for face and/or body, I had amassed a small collection of various soaps. After doing some thinking, some researching, and some experimenting, I decided I thought that soap was a good idea for me. I think really that I prefer a French-milled soap, but I have been using the various soaps in my collection to save a little money and to just give them a chance since I've developed a degree of certainty that I want to use soap for my face and body. I like Ivory. I like its history and all the vintage commercials for it on YouTube. I find Ivory to be mild and very effective. It leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, and I really think it helps to alleviate blemishes. I'd just advise to take it easy with it. Don't scrub too roughly with a waschloth or Clarisonic if you're using Ivory, too, and washing my face once to twice daily with Ivory is plenty. Soap and water has to be the most basic way of cleansing the skin and one which took me far too long to discover that I liked. I mean, a lot of people say that soap is just way too drying, but then, you see those Ivory girls in the old commercials, and they just look so happy and beautiful.

*Please see my review for Crabtree & Evelyn's triple-milled, goat-milk soap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by llemusd202

amazing gentle soap that leaves a clean feeling

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by NatGavran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ivory soap is great for getting rid of acne, just follow up with a good moisturizer like keihls ultra facial cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For YEARS now, this has been and will be the only soap I will ever use. I steer clear of heavily scented body washes and the like and have found that my skin only responds well to this soap. I have very sensitive skin and eczema and Ivory has been a life saver for me. The scent is heavenly -- simple, pleasing and very clean. It's very gentle to my skin and doesn't irritate my random eczema patches when they decide to appear. It rinses off clean and doesn't leave behind that slimy, oily residue that other soaps such as Dove seem to have. It also doesn't leave my skin tight and dry (which Irish Spring used to do). Quite simply put, this is the best soap out there and its inexpensive price makes it perfect. I will use this forever!