MAC Viva Glam V

4.3

on 3/9/2015 11:15:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Picked this up because I was looking for a MLBB from Mac. At first I did not like this lipstick. It has lots of shimmers in it, the color pay off was okay, and the staying power was only an hour or so. But for some reason I keep reaching for it over my other lipsticks when I'm on the run or getting ready for school. This lipstick definitely grew on me and now I absolutely love everything about it. The color is very universal and will flattering. It's not opaque but more like a nice sheen of color on my lips

on 3/9/2015 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

my favourite lip stick from Mac hands down! I own a few Mac lip sticks and this one is amazing! it glides on beautifully! I've received quite a few compliments when I wear this lip stick. It's definitely MLBB. The color is a pinkish brown with small gold specks in it. I don't need a mirror to put this on which is a huge bonus! I absolutely love how this smells! it has a bit of a vanilla scent to me. It does go away pretty quickly if you aren't into scents. I love that 100% of the profits go to their Mac foundation. The packaging is really cute! I like the pink color on it. I top this off with my Mac Deelight Lip Glass. definitely a repurchase!

on 2/13/2015 8:14:00 PM

my first mac lipstick ! My chubby cheeks make my lips look so small and the bright reds, purples and pinks just do not work for me. i found this lipstick to be a slightly "nude" pink/brown colour that does not make my cheeks look even bigger than they are already! Love it ! finally a colour that i can wear !

on 2/8/2015 1:23:00 PM

My favourite lipstick for... forever. The colour, texture and wear are perfect for day, work, weekend, special occasion. The wear is so forgiving, it simply fades away evenly, with no embarrassing "lip line" effect. Love that! I wear it four ways: a light pat of product over balm for weekends; a swipe from the bullet for an everyday look for work ~with a natural/polished face and lots of lashes; also, I wear it with a winged eye and blush for a french look (really compliments my NARS Orgasm blush); and, finally, as a the ideal colour for a "full and sexy lipstick look" to pair with a smokier eye for evening ~perfect for dinner-dates because it fades/wears so perfectly and naturally with eating. I find this shade works with all my fav makeup looks. I have probably purchased this 5 times... and will again!

on 1/29/2015 11:21:00 AM

This is a great neutral/nude shade that looks like a real MLBB since it's so sheer. It's a brown-toned nude pinky shade that really looks like natural lip color.

I will say that it is extremely sparkely and there are tons of tiny sparkles and shimmers in the lipstick, especially when you look at it in the light. I think Mac needs to add less sparkles to their lipsticks--not really a fan, except they do make the lipstick look more glossy, if you like that look.

Lustre lipsticks are my favorite because they are non-drying, sheer, and non-opaque. However, they only last about 1-3 hours, so you need to reapply. For more long-lasting lipsticks try matte or satin. Other shades that look like Viva Glam V except are not lustre formula would be: Mac velvet teddy, Mac touch (more brown, also lustre), Mac Spirit, etc..

on 12/3/2014 3:51:00 PM

I have almost no natural pigment in my lips, and I don't remember when, or why, I chose this color, but it washes me out. I am also not a fan of this pale pinky nude look, though it is so popular now. This lipstick is also a touch too frosty and doesn't have good staying power like so many of the MAC lipsticks.

on 10/25/2014 6:27:00 PM

This was the very first MAC lipstick I purchased and I still go back to it to this day. Perfect color for every day !

on 9/14/2014 6:10:00 PM

This. This is awesome. My first mac lipstick ever and it's my favorite lipstick of all time.

When it comes to my lips I prefer a low maintenance look. Especially for work. This lipstick is perfect for that. It is my perfect "my lips but better" color, it's nicely translucent (sheer has more negative connotations I think), the right kind of shimmer, and a great texture. I like to rub in some Carmex, slap this on top and I'm good for hours. I don't mind having to touch up or reapply this lipstick since it's a pretty tame color. I can quickly reapply without a mirror and be just fine.

This lipstick is literally an everyday wear for me. Perfect for the office day, a court hearing (part of my job), a day in the park, or church.

Truly a classic lipstick perfect for all occasions.

on 8/16/2014 9:49:00 PM

My favourite nude lipstick. Very sheer, very glossy beige-pink, goes with every make up look. it's true it's not the most pigmented of them all but it's exactly what I was looking for. I needed something nude but not like I just put concealer on my lips (like MAC's Myth), something that looked effortless and this is it. Love it. I don't know if I would repurchase because maybe I would look for other options: the nude lipstick world is too big to get attached to just one.
(excuse any mistakes, English is not my main language)

on 8/13/2014 2:15:00 PM

VGV was my HG staple for at least 5 straight years when it was first launched. I lived in MAC Blushbaby blush and this lipstick. Then as time and styles passed I craved a brighter look, still natural but brighter. VGV went from feeling like a great beige pink to just feeling way too brown on my NW20 skin, almost black hair, brown eyes. I have nothing against it, my skin and style just changed after a while. Now I am a Well Dressed and Creme Cup kind of style. Then when I just had the itch to buy a lipstick and was playing at the MAC counter the MUA was walking me through some colors and said, "let's try something you don't have and go in a different direction. How about VGV for a beachy kind of vibe?". Well, that put what felt like "oh, I am over that lipstick" in a whole new light. It felt like, "yeah, beachy, bronze vibe". So I walked out with my old friend VGV again. It isn't my favorite anymore, but buying it again reminded me of why this is & was such a popular neutral shade. You know it is a beige pink with some shimmer, but thinking about this shade in a beachy tone, gives it a second life for me.

Popular Lipsticks