December 19, 2014 | 1461 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam V

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I have almost no natural pigment in my lips, and I don't remember when, or why, I chose this color, but it washes me out. I am also not a fan of this pale pinky nude look, though it is so popular now. This lipstick is also a touch too frosty and doesn't have good staying power like so many of the MAC lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Svm23

This was the very first MAC lipstick I purchased and I still go back to it to this day. Perfect color for every day !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lorifunorie2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This. This is awesome. My first mac lipstick ever and it's my favorite lipstick of all time.

When it comes to my lips I prefer a low maintenance look. Especially for work. This lipstick is perfect for that. It is my perfect "my lips but better" color, it's nicely translucent (sheer has more negative connotations I think), the right kind of shimmer, and a great texture. I like to rub in some Carmex, slap this on top and I'm good for hours. I don't mind having to touch up or reapply this lipstick since it's a pretty tame color. I can quickly reapply without a mirror and be just fine.

This lipstick is literally an everyday wear for me. Perfect for the office day, a court hearing (part of my job), a day in the park, or church.

Truly a classic lipstick perfect for all occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

My favourite nude lipstick. Very sheer, very glossy beige-pink, goes with every make up look. it's true it's not the most pigmented of them all but it's exactly what I was looking for. I needed something nude but not like I just put concealer on my lips (like MAC's Myth), something that looked effortless and this is it. Love it. I don't know if I would repurchase because maybe I would look for other options: the nude lipstick world is too big to get attached to just one.
(excuse any mistakes, English is not my main language)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by 1017

VGV was my HG staple for at least 5 straight years when it was first launched. I lived in MAC Blushbaby blush and this lipstick. Then as time and styles passed I craved a brighter look, still natural but brighter. VGV went from feeling like a great beige pink to just feeling way too brown on my NW20 skin, almost black hair, brown eyes. I have nothing against it, my skin and style just changed after a while. Now I am a Well Dressed and Creme Cup kind of style. Then when I just had the itch to buy a lipstick and was playing at the MAC counter the MUA was walking me through some colors and said, "let's try something you don't have and go in a different direction. How about VGV for a beachy kind of vibe?". Well, that put what felt like "oh, I am over that lipstick" in a whole new light. It felt like, "yeah, beachy, bronze vibe". So I walked out with my old friend VGV again. It isn't my favorite anymore, but buying it again reminded me of why this is & was such a popular neutral shade. You know it is a beige pink with some shimmer, but thinking about this shade in a beachy tone, gives it a second life for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

Wow. This was on my wishlist for the longest time. I have read a hundred reviews on this and it just sounded soo good! And yet when I put it on, I can't believe that it doesn't show on my lips. All I can see is the tiny glitters. I can feel the lipstick, yes, but I can't see it. I have to swipe multiple times to see a difference. :/ I love the texture though, it's creamy and soft and a little bit thick and it's a bit like a tinted lip balm, so I just wear this when I'm at home or at school, or just when I don't want color on my lips.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

i really like the color. but the lipstick smells so nauseous. i cant stand the smell. you have to put a lot on with a brush , if not, you can see the lines on the lips very obvious.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. As another reviewer said, this is a total snooze fest. In trying to please everyone, I feel MAC made a boring, forgettable lipstick. This would have been an awesome lipstick in the mid 90s...it has a definitely brownish undertone beneath the neutral pink with a somewhat garish golden gritty frosty sheen. It seemed to make my teeth look dingy as well (try MAC's craving if you want those pearly whites to pop!) There are way better MLBB lipsticks out there, MAC or otherwise. It gets two stars because I really like how they donate the Viva Glam profits to charity. I also love the Viva Glam V lipglass, probably because it layers well and adds a neutrality to lipsticks, but I won't purchase the lipstick version again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by jayess3

I absolutely love this lipstick. I was on the hunt for a sheer neutral pink lipstick that had the "your lips, but just better" shade after I'd lost a Clinique one that was my go-to. Mac Viva Glam V is that shade for me; for reference, my skin is NC25 with very golden/yellow undertones.
As I mentioned, the lipstick is somewhat sheer, but buildable, as its formula is a Lustre. The description on Mac says it has a "pearl" finish- but I would consider it slightly more shimmery than pearl. With that being said, I am someone that absolutely hates shimmer normally, but the shimmer in this lipstick is very fine and not too detectable. In fact, I think the shimmer is what makes this lipstick and its beautiful finish.
I haven't had any problems with this lipstick drying- it's quite hydrating when you put it on. The one thing is that you may need to reapply it throughout the day, especially if eating. But this lipstick is honestly amazing for any event- very versatile.
Overall, I think this is a great shade that goes with any look and enhances my lips beautifully. Highly recommend that you try it on (I admit that I initially didn't like it when I swatched it on the back of my hand, but I was encouraged to try it on and I was instantly convinced).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite nude lipstick ever!!!!!!!!!