December 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Blush - NARS - Gilda

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by nailamaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Nice peach , i have about 5 peach colored blushes . This one is great matte addition , for party makeup layer orgasm over it , very pretty results

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A gorgeous shade on my darker skin - I wear NARS Syracuse, Bobbi Brown Honey or MAC NC43-44. This coraly shade really gives me a light flush of colour and suits my skin tone without being too unnatural. It looks different on lighter, whiter girls but I love the way it looks on me!

I'm not a fan of NARS's chunky packaging and wish their compacts were sleeker, and of course I wish they were cheaper, but for this colour alone I just wanted to review it and say how much I love the fresh pop of colour it gives me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by scarski91

At last!, I have found my HG blush. Purchased this somewhat sceptically not expecting much. I did my homework, read countless reviews and watched countless YouTube videos on this product and how to work best with it....it paid off. I have NEVER in my 7yrs (since I started wearing makeup at 16) of wearing cosmetics, found a blush product so pigmented as this is. I'm a MAC NC15 (neutral-v v light golden undertone), Loreal True Match (UK version): N1 & W1 Ivory (Autumn/Winter time) & Golden Ivory (Summer time), Dior Nude in Ivory and Lancome Shade 005 Beige Ivory. This blush adds the flush of warmth I've been looking for years. I have not been able to find this shade, texture and pigmentation in any other product, not even in my MAC blush in Melba I have. It is a whole other higher league than any other in the cosmetics industry. It could be me and how I'm applying it; I find it takes a bit of work to blend, BUT the pay off is so worth the time spent. The finish is a natural beautiful pop of colour that makes me glow. I have purchased two other Nars blushes: Outlaw & Orgasm, based on how much I love this product and have yet to try them. Pros: Highly pigmented, I can see this lasting for a long time Beautiful natural colour Love the packaging Blending effort payoff is definitely worth it Cons: The price is fairly expensive (£21.50 per blush) Takes some effort to blend Product scoring: 5 out of 5 Repurchase Y/N: Heeeell Y!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ConfessionsofaDiorAddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great blush for lighter skin tones. Gives the perfect pop of color. Absolutely georgeous! Freshes and wakes up my face in the morning. Love it for a natural/almost face day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Emilyy777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My one and only blush! I will never use another shade again.
This blush blends so perfectly and really compliments my fair skin tone, it gives that natural corally flush to your cheeks :)
I love that it is matte and that a little goes a long way.
It is quite pricey here in Australia, which sucks, but I won't need to re-purchase for a very long time!
Definitely recommend to anybody who has fair skin and isn't a fan of glittery/shimmery blush like myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such an amazing matte blush. This is an apricot/peach blush. It appears to be more red based in the pan but it isn't. It is such a unique and perfectly balanced peachy/orange shade that gives the skin, especially darker skin, a natural flush.

The closest blush I have in my collection that I can compare this to is Milani's now discontinued mineral blush in "Sunset Beach" which is still a little more red.

Gilda looks a little lighter in the pan than it really is. It is a super pigmented blush. On my medium brown skin, I need just one dab for each cheek. Additionally, matte blushes are usually harder to blend but the formula of this blush is amazing as expected from Nars.

I think the price on this is ridiculous though. This blush would last me an extremely long time. I'd say I wouldn't purchase again but I'd be kidding myself because Nars blushes are really great quality. I'd probably wait for a friends and family sale or when Nars have blush palettes available. But I honestly couldn't justify buying this at full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by LovesPromos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I do love this blush. It's matte and goes on like butter. I think this color would look great on all skin tones, just using the appropriate amount. On me, it leans more coral and i love that. There is another NARS blush that is compared to Gilda, and that's Gina. They are in the same family but Gina is definitely brighter and leans more orange where as Gina has more pink in it an leans toward the coral side. Both are beautiful. Highly recommend for spring/summer and you can definitely use it in the colder months for a pick me up.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

This is a gorgeous blush which I tend to ignore and not give fair credit to since I tend to only wear rose, pink and plum toned blushes. I actually had this blush years ago and swapped it away. I repurchased it a few weeks ago after getting my MU done at the NARS counter. I had previously (and still am) been very concerned about anything looking Orange on me and I assumed that this blush would be extremely orange on my skin. It truly isn't, its a very soft peachy coral. truly quite tame and quite beautiful.

Currently I am obsessed with wearing this and a lipstick from Aveda called "Sheer Melochia flower". They go together perfectly. I just ordered NARS love devotion and I think that will look great with this as well for a fresh summer look. I feel like I look younger when I wear a light wash of this over tinted moisturizer with the Aveda lipstick. It also makes my eyes look bluer and goes well with my blond hair. I find it does not look that good with very pink lipsticks as it makes my cheek look the dreaded orange. Looks great with NARS Giza lip gloss too. (guava)

People often say that this is Torrid without the shimmer. I think it is less dusty and less orangey as Torrid though that is a beautiful color as well. There is something special about the matte, satin finish of Gilda and I just prefer that more now. As far as other coral blushes are concerned I also like BB shimmer blush in coral. These are similar except Gilda is sans shimmer or glitter.

For reference I am a caucasion, medium-warm toned and can get very tan if I let myself. I don't wear foundation much but I'm around NC-35 -40. (I actually prefer Aveda tinted moisturizer. I am color #3 in the winter and #4 in the summer. )

A little trivia: Supposidly this is the THE color that Anna Paquin( "Sookie" )on True Blood wears. I'll have to look more closely this summer when it airs to see if I can tell that she is wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this blush. It's very pigmented, so you have to be careful when apply this blush. I have NC40-42 skin tone. This blush makes me look healthy glow without ending up like a disco ball with shimmery blushes. I find myself reach for this blush very often during the summer time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought Gilda off the internet purely based on the reviews. Quite the mistake, doh! On my NC30/C4 skin the colour is a corally orange, but its very flat and dull looking. It doesnt give me any type of glow, and looks quite stark. I also have Mac's Melba, which is a very similar colour, and that looks lovely me on me! It is much more tropical/bronzy. I am not sure why Gilda doesnt work.