Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 6/30/2015 10:21:00 PM

This is a good, waterproof mascara that doesn't flake off or smudge even after a 10k run, and it lasts all day without being brittle. An added bonus: it comes off easily in the shower with just a little bit of soap, so no scrubbing at sensitive regions of the eyes or having to worry about having other makeup products to get it off.

The downside is that the color is blue black, not pure black (think the color of a bad black hair dye, it's almost exactly that blue shade). This is very noticeable in some lights, especially for someone with naturally black eye lashes like myself. Thankfully my glasses help mask the color shift.

While this is the best waterproof mascara I have found (not being brittle and being easy to remove are massive pluses), I really wish the color was truer to black than blue. I would bring it up to a full five for that.

on 6/27/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG mascara. I'm probably on my 5th or 6th tube. I have already purchased 2 more on sale, knowing I love it. I took 1 lippie off because it isn't perfect - It can leave a bit of black smudge beneath the eyes on occasion. Other than that, it does not flake and lives up to the name by leaving my lashes truly full and soft looking. It also holds a curl on my lashes, which can get so easily weighed down. I have tried a few others here and there, always returning them or throwing them out. This mascara does it all for me at a great price, and is easily found in many stores. Unless I ever find a mascara that truly curls my lashes without a curler, I won't be straying from this.

on 6/6/2015 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's the best mascara I've tried so far. I have short and straight lashes (are invisible without mascara), but this mascara holds the curl very well all day and adds good length and volume to my eyelashes. The mascara isn't prone to clumping and is very easy to use, but still gives dramatic results. It lasts all day, and requires a good makeup remover to get it off.

on 5/18/2015 10:35:00 PM

If you're looking for a full out glam look, don't get this. If you're looking for soft, natural looking lashes, then you've found it. Great for everyday use. Holds my curl decently & gives me volume. I love that it has vitamin e so I don't have to worry about it drying out my lashes.

on 5/9/2015 11:33:00 AM

Ok I am in the over 55 age group so my eyelashes have started to thin so I kept looking for something that would make them fuller. All I got from the new "craz" was spiky eyelashes and clumpy. Not what you want at my age. I wanted just full lashes with a little length and Full 'N Soft game me that perfectly!!!! So if you are in my age group and looking for just soft fullness and a soft look this is the one.

on 4/28/2015 3:38:00 PM

I have been hunting high and low for a volumizing mascara that won't smudge or flake, And I saw the good reviews for this product. Had to try it!

Well...I'm glad it works for you. It doesn't work for me.

It applies very well and makes my lashes look awesome. Even with two coats, my lashes are fluttery and full. Then, within an hour, it starts to smudge. By lunchtime it's flaking off into my eyes. By midafternoon, the only mascara you can see are the big rings under my eyes. Utter failure.

The hunt goes on...

on 4/22/2015 3:47:00 PM

I meant to buy the washable version of this mascara, but accidentally ended up with the waterproof and didn't realize until I had opened it. So first off, the smell is very plasticky, like a new shower curtain, which I don't like at all (might be because of the waterproof ingredients). And the smell doesn't go away with time.
The application is nice, the texture is not dry at all, but the wear is terrible on me. It smears under my eyes, and I don't even apply it to my bottom lashes typically, so what gives? Isn't waterproof formula supposed to prevent precisely this? Smearing like this hasn't been an issue for me with regular mascaras, by the way. This one just melts off.
It seems that this is a favorite mascara of a lot of people, so I'm kind of sad that it didn't work out for me. Oh well.

This mascara restored my faith in the maybelline mascaras again! (the volume express line was a huge disappointment...)
It is buildable, one coat gives you natural but defined lashes, you can add coats to get more drama if you re going for a more dramatic look. Holds a curl beautifully, does not clump-- which is so important to me, I HATE clumpy lashes, which is why I think the Volume Express line failed with me coz the brushes just all picked up way too much product and the formulas are all too wet for me; very minimal to no smudging/flaking, lasts a long time.
Can function as a daily mascara on its own, or can be used as a base coat in conjunction with another mascara.
Very impressed! (Unlike my covergirl lashblast volume waterproof, this one leaves my lashes a lot softer and you dont have to scape the brush on the side of the tube to get rid of excess product to prevent clumping, Full n Soft is becoming my new fave)

on 4/15/2015 1:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite mascara. I love everything about it. If I just do one or two coats, it gives me a nice, natural, soft look. If I do 3 coats, or if I layer this with a more dramatic mascara, I can get the false eyelashes look. Looks great on lower lashes. This is the best mascara I've tried at holding my curl, and most smudge-proof (although it does still happen sometimes, but my eyelids are pretty oily. Easy to remove with coconut oil or Vaseline, just let it soak a little. I will always, always have a tube of this. I use this every single day, either by itself or with another mascara.

on 4/12/2015 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have found my new favourite drugstore mascara! I have straight eyelashes so I'm always looking for a mascara that can hold a curl and this one is able to keep my lashes curls and up for the whole day. It gives my lashes a natural voluminous look after one coat and can be built up for more volume and length with more coats and zero clumping.
Sometimes, the product will smudge a bit under my eyes but having Asian eyes, I find that this will happen no matter what mascara I use, waterproof or not.
I would definitely repurchase this one!