December 26, 2014 | 1285 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Shasta333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great for casual days when you really want to look natural. It controls oil very well, has medium coverage, doesn't even need a powder to set it. I did get the powder too, but it isn't necessary. I use ELF setting spray on top of it instead. It hasn't caused any breakouts. I haven't noticed less breakouts, but I feel better about putting it on daily. The only downside is that there is no SPF. It has no smell to it and I like the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by erag0126

Before I started using this foundation, I used Loreal's True Match, and although they do offer an enormous variety, I was never satisfied. I wasn't the lightest OR the second lightest, I was in between, and as you may know the packaging for those is not that great, so it was a hassle having to mix both shades. True Match also seemed to be clogging up my pores, since I noticed that if I didn't wear it for a while my face cleared up.
Being very acne prone, especially around that time of the month, I searched online for a good foundation that fights acne. I decided to give this Almay a try and it was a success. I'm in their lightest shade (Ivory 100), and it is almost perfect for me. I do notice that it can sometimes look a bit ghostly and even too pink compared to my neck, since I'm not necessarily pale, just quite fair.
This foundation is amazing! I I think that it does help keep my blemishes at bay, and definitey does not cause me to break out more. I also have some stubborn dry patches, especially during the winter, and it can look a bit drying on my skin, but if I moisturize enough it's fine for the most part.
I like to apply multiple layers (up to 3 on specific areas where I need more coverage, like cheeks), and it builds up quite nice. I am in love with this product and do not plan on trying anything else in a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Annisty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne-prone skin, and it's hard for me to find a decent foundation. So far I have been liking this one. The foundation itself is a bit runny and comes in a clear, pump bottle. The pump is sanitary and easy to use. I use about one and a half pumps to cover my face. I use a foundation brush to apply and blend. It does dry quickly, so I would suggest working fast. The foundation gives a medium coverage and is fairly build-able as well for covering redness and blemishes. I'm not sure it really helps a lot with keeping my skin clear, but it does have good coverage. This foundation almost has a liquid to powder finish and is very matte. Overall, with a bit of powder to set the make up, it lasts about four hours (6 max). One thing I don't like about this foundation is that it really gunks up my make up brush. I have to clean the brush almost every day. Also, I purchased the lightest shade because I have very pale skin, but it is almost too light. Definitely double check before purchasing a shade. Price isn't terrible, but a little pricey for a drugstore brand. Overall though, I like it and would repurchase it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by guitarheroine91

Honestly this was horrible for me! I bought it to replace my elf acne fighting foundation because the shades were lighter and applied it using my buffing brush. At first I really liked the finish. After it set though it began to flake and cake. Within an hour I was really unhappy with the way it looked. It had also oxidized. I was hoping this product would restore my faith in Almay. It honestly solidified my dislike for them. I can't say it won't work for you though.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by queeniekasey

This is another reason why i give up on wearing foundation and just wear concealer. EVERYTHING ACCENTUATES MY DRY SKIN. i exfoliate 1-2 times a week, and wear facial lotion and a moisturizing oil to combat flakiness. And i feel it has done a pretty good job, and i actually thought the problem had gone away. I usually only wear concealer on blemishes but i wanted to try foundation as it seems easier. Yet again, i have a foundation fail. The minute I put it on I say outloud, "Really?" and have to wash it off. Nothing ever looks natural and always accentuates my dry skin. The closest i've gotten to natural, all-over coverage is a Holika Holika Petit BB cream. oh welllllllllll.
P.S. the coverage is...meh...not so good. Could I be anymore of a Debby Downer!? haha

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are way better foundations at the drugstore than this but it's not so bad that I feel the need to throw this out. I have the color 400 neutral which seems to be a good match for my light/medium skin tone. I used to have very oily skin that broke out like no other and when I first used this I thought it gave zero coverage & looked really oily after application. After switching my skincare routine to Epiduo & getting really dry skin as a result I decided to try this again & I am very pleased. Yes, it's light coverage but I believe it's perfect at evening out my skintone even if some blemishes are still visible. For everyday wear it's really good as it's not so cakey that you feel trapped in your makeup. I do prefer Covergirl's Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation as apposed to this especially since the coverage is Medium-Full at $7 where this Almay is $12 for light coverage. I wouldn't repurchase this or really look into any more Almay products as their foundations other than this turn orange on me (smart shade my ass!) & their stuff seems so cheap, but as stated above this isn't so bad that I would throw it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by MeloraRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my usual face foundation. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist after I started reacting very badly to my old fav for years, Bare Minerals (I can no longer use bare minerals at all. I get red, itchy, rashy and I break out)
Although this product looks "ok" on my skin and feels pretty good. It doesnt make my skin look "healthy" or "dewy" or "glowing" at all. Therefore I am still searching for my HG face "foundation" or "BB Creme"
Almay Belmish Heal Foundation
Pros:
*Inexpensive, easy to find at drugstore
* Light weight feel
* doesnt break out skin
*Matte finish
*Light to medium coverage
*No SPF (a "pro" when using at night)
*Contains Salycilic acid

Cons:
*A bit chalky/ ghostly at times
* a bit hard to match skintone for my light/neutral skin tone.
*Doesnt last long
*No SPF (A "con" when using in the daytime)
*Contains Salycilic acid

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by munchkin123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Almay is by far my favourite brand for foundation, so I might be a little biased.
I used to wear this when I had terrible acne, and while it didn't significantly improve my skin, it didn't clog my pores or make me break out more either.
Typically I would apply 2 layers for full coverage. During a normal day some would wear off as this isn't a long wearing formula so I'd need to use the clear complexion matte powder at around lunch time.
Only downside is if you use it long enough it will dry out the non-oily parts of your face and your skin may start to peel slightly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this at the drugstore for $4, couldn't go wrong. I picked up "Buff" and "Neutral", and I mix them to create the perfect shade. This product has great coverage. If I feel like my skin is misbehaving, I apply this on my face and I instantly feel more flawless. Now the downfall, because of its full coverage, I find that if I use too much or wear it for too long, I break out. I have highly acne prone skin that tends to be very oily. Though I set my makeup, I still will get a bit oily after 3 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by SueAri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is acne prone, this product didn't cause me more breakout (it didn't clear my skin either). It has a light/medium coverage depending on how many layers you apply. I like it since many full coverage WILL cause a lot of breakout and clog skin even if you wear it only a couple hours.

I like the foundation. It works for me and I would buy it again.