MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 9/2/2015 12:03:00 PM

This product is for those who over wondered how they'd look if a unicorn licked their face. This is an amazing cream, shines through any foundation and has amazing ingredients for your skin (it's skincare after all). I would recommend you get it in a travel size because it's cheaper (30ml for 10€ instead of 50ml for 31€). This should not be worn on it own unless you really want to look like a disco ball, but it makes any matte foundation look less flat. Also it's one step less in the contouring process. You can use it all over the face or just on places where you usually highlight.

Pros:
The travel size is pretty affordable
Makes you look like JLo
Great ingredients (it has a lot of antioxidants that even oily skin benefits from)

Cons:
The smell it a bit unpleasant but goes away pretty fast

on 8/11/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

How can u go wrong w MAC?? (Nearly impossible). I googled "strobe makeup" & this kept popping up! So I went & bought it of course even though YouTube is notorious w fame whores...this was USD$33 I did not know they had a Strobe Lotion. I got the Strobe Cream! Idk what I was expecting I guess JLo in a tube (lol!) but I put it on by itself tonite w some Becca Champagne Pop Jaclyn Hill powder & it looked lovely, not glitter bomb but just "pretty" I like the idea of strobing so much better than that old contour stuff, I am going to play more w it & other products to use on my cheekbones. Like Hourglass Ambient Light, Jelly Pong, or UD Naked Illuminator. I'm avoiding the T zone coz I'm very oily which doesn't give me a lot of options on places on my face as opposed to dry skinned beauties.I'm really a novice to strobing & trust me it's way harder than it looks to do it really properly! WayneGoss had some interesting things to say abt Strobe Cream on YouTube. This is NOT the same as Loreal Magic LUMI Primer, not a good dupe imo + u pay the same price-per-ounce for LUMI if not a bit more! I'd only do Loreal if u can't get get somehow to (or order from) MAC if not humanly possible. This also doubles as an awesome botanical moisturizer coz rich in anti oxidants.

on 8/1/2015 8:22:00 AM

LOVE THIS. I don't use it as a highlighter, I couldn't get it to work when I applied it to the usual highlighting spots (cheekbones/brow bone/cupids bow etc) which I was slightly disappointed about because its the perfect shade for subtle highlighting. But I've found the perfect use for it on my normal/dry skin. I apply it after my moisturiser instead of my usual primer and wow..combined with GA Luminous Silk it gives you such a beautiful glow and keeps my foundation on all day. I applied this combo at 7am in the morning and by 10pm I didn't want to take it off it still looked THAT good and I have never experienced that with make up before. Normally after a long day at work I just want to take it off as soon as possible. Smells great, feels great - only gripe is the fact that the larger size is a bit of a rip off compared to the travel size and also comes in a very hard tube that's hard to get all the product out of.

However, its a beautiful product and even if it came in a bin bag I'd still love using it!

on 7/28/2015 2:32:00 AM

I use this as a moisturiser since it's full of antioxidants.

Great product.

on 7/12/2015 3:30:00 PM

I am a make up artist and today i needed to buy products for the bridal make up (dry skin). The bride wanted to glow within looks, strobing style with some light contouring. This product is amazing. It has no colour, no glitter, it just gives this super healthy JLo glow. Really amazing. I have oily skin so i even tried it and gotta say i love it. It just gave this super refreshing look. Great under eye to moisturize as well. Did not breake me out. Products will last you really long time as small amount is needed. Works amazing with Mac face and body. New make up trick-use MAC bloating powder in dark as countour. So perfect!!! Super natural bridal look:)

on 7/10/2015 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I actually love strobe cream! I am right now using a mix of the fit me foundation stick( which is terrible for dry skin >_<) and my cover girl cc cream. I usually put this on before I mix those together and it gives me this very natural glow. I honestly am happy that I decided to pick this up.

Am I the only person that breaks out from every single MAC liquid product?!?! Seriously every single one. I love their stuff but can only wear the lip sticks, liners, or powders without lasting scars from the cystic acne I get.
This was no different Im afraid. I love how it makes my skin feel, so soft dewy and plump. It's shimmer dissipates under makeup so it's not much of an illuminator but I loved using it as a primer or to thin out foundation. But then.. my face erupted and I banished it to the unusable makeup bag. : (

on 6/15/2015 3:04:00 AM

I bought the travel size and so far, so good! I like to apply it after my moisturizer to my face (not to T zone where I get oily throughout the day) and it just gives me a subtle glow. I'm really impressed. By the way, the MUA told me not to use this 2 days in a row because it contains a lot of vitamin B. If you are sceptical, buy the travel size and try it out :)

on 6/9/2015 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I bought a travel size tube of this and was sent a little mini along with it for free. I've had the mini for over a year now, maybe heading to two years, and I just finished it. I kept it in my travel makeup bag at all times. So now I have the travel size to work on and I'm sure it'll last me a long time. I LOVE the smell of this. I don't know what MAC puts in their stuff but it must be powdered angel wings and unicorn tears. I wish they made this smell in a perfume. I am oily, and very oily in the summer so I just use this under my eyes. It is very moisturizing and does seem to brighten up my eyes when I use it before I apply makeup.

on 5/28/2015 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have the travel tube.The cream itself is very light, emollient, just slightly silicone-y and smells very clean, almost like a milled soap. Personally, I love the smell of it. It spreads very easily and absorbs very quickly.
The glow it gives is subtle and dewy. Pearlescent pinky and no glitter, period.
I primarily use this mixed about 70/30 with my organic, zinc-based SPF and a dash of foundation. When mixing it with other products the glow is really so, so subtle. Sometimes I wear it alone, but the effects don't last. Other times I'll pat it on as a highlighter, and I absolutely love the natural, glowy effect, but it doesn't last beyond 30 mins. Occasionally I'll pat it on my cheekbones and then go over it with Lightscapade or Mary Lou Manizer.
It took me a while to figure the best ways (for me) to use it.

I DO like this. No glitter at all. Subtle and mature effect, perfect for everyday wear at my age. The glow is lovely but can appear greasy. I find the sheen to fade away after a short time, no matter how I'm using it, this is where I'm most disappointed. This really isn't something you swatch and decide on. It needs to be practiced with. Might possibly repurchase the travel tube. I dunno..

Popular Moisturizers