MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 1/30/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If I could only pick one product to keep with me, this would be it. The trick is to put on AFTER you have finished your makeup. I take a small dab and place on the high planes of the face - my cheekbones, just under brows and a little on my nose and cupid's bow. If done sparingly, this application gives you an instant and healthy glow that is just beautiful.

I applied my makeup in front of a friend (fellow beauty addict) and when I used the MAC Strobe Cream as my last step, she yelled, "What is that!?? I need it now!!" Enough said!

on 1/27/2015 1:51:00 PM

I use this as an illuminating primer and it does the job well. My foundation looks very glowy, and the cream also adds a barrier of moisture under my foundation. I have dry skin.

The price is very reasonable, the travel size is 30ml for $12 cad.

The only con for me is the smell, it just smells awful but the smell doesn't really linger so I'll deal with it.

This is my favorite moisturizer, and something that I put on my face every day regardless of whether or not I wearable up. Here's a tip though for saving money: It's way cheaper to buy the smaller travel size ($10 for 1 oz.) than the full sized product ($33 for 1.7 oz).

on 12/24/2014 10:33:00 PM

This is one of those products that seems really nice but I don't know how wonderful it really is I guess. It goes on beautifully but I don't know if the lasting effect or even the effect when you're done with putting your foundation or powder on makes that big of a difference. I don't know, I just received it as a gift. I doubt I would ever buy it if I even wanted to.

on 12/16/2014 8:43:00 AM

Love this product, I use it as a primer and it makes my skin glow.

on 11/3/2014 6:04:00 PM

I loved this when I was 24. I mixed it with my Guerlain foundation for a beautiful, glowy effect that got me compliments as I walked down the street. I don't think I'd ever use it in place of moisturizer or primer, though, it seemed to have a drying effect even then. At that time I would have given it 4 lippies.

Five years on, I would no longer call this a good investment. For one thing MAC changed the packaging so that it's squeezed instead of pumped, and I always end up cursing a little as it glorps out onto my hand uncontrollably. Perhaps it's because I no longer use the same foundation, and it doesn't mix well with the Juice Beauty CC Cream that I use now. (I'm breastfeeding a baby so I have to be mindful of the chemicals I put on my skin, since it can easily end up in her milk!) Maybe my skin is just a little drier or more needy. But this product no longer makes my skin look dewy and bright; in fact, I always regret putting it on now. I suppose a little bit to highlight is OK, but again, the glorping. Benefit's High Beam, though just as drying for me, is the better bet in my opinion.

For a natural glow, try mixing up a little Vitamin C serum (see the DIY on MUA) and applying a little bit of coconut or sea buckthorn oil to your face before you put on your moisturizer. My skin is SP happy with me since I started doing that, and the glow lasts all day.

I find this cream so strange, its very thick, so you would expect it to be extremely moisturizing. But then as you apply it, it starts to feel watery and it doesn't moisturize nearly as well as you would expect. It does have a slight luminous effect, and I like that it isn't an obvious sparkle, but the luminosity is completely lost once you apply foundation and the rest of your makeup. Then you are just left with parched skin. I think this may be better mixed with foundation, or for those who don't have dry skin or are looking to refresh their complexion on non-makeup days.

on 9/9/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Winning primer. My dry, lacklustre skin is instantly improved by adding this iridescent (not shiny) step between moisturiser and foundation. It definitely increases the wear of all of my foundations. Can be used alone for a healthy glow, and I find the more make up I layer over it the less glow I get, which stands to reason. My favourite element of strobe cream is that it provides a perfect, smooth, canvas for makeup, which I never expected from any product as my skin gets so rough and often bumpy.

This product won't actually reduce the size of your pores, but if applied liberally and evenly under a medium to full coverage foundation, you shouldn't even notice them much. I used to use maybelline baby skin which did reduce pores but didn't function all that well as a primer. If this is a primary concern for you try using them in conjunction, as baby skin is greasy and strobe will even out the base for more effective make up application. I avoid using powder with strobe cream as powder often shows up enlarged pores more and it dulls the natural glow effect that strobe is so good for.

Lightly moisturising, hasn't irritated my skin, good packaging, expensive in Asia but worth the price. Can be mixed in with foundation for a sheerer coverage. Yep, winner.

on 9/5/2014 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Me gusta, sencillo. Mi piel es mixta, era grasa cuando era mas jovencita, tono amarillo palido. Me parece un producto de los mejores de Mac para ser honesta, si existe calidad-precio, a mi no me da oleosidad o grasa, no tapa mis poros, tampoco los hace ver mas grandes. El efecto que da es de vitalidad e hidratacion, si se usa mucha cantidad pues si se nota mas como el shimmery look y el radiant glow pero nada mas. Pues si hay version 1 oz. y 1.7 oz., mi consejo para ahorrar dinero es comprarte dos strobe cream travel size que una strobe cream grande, pues al final gastas menos dinero, llevas 2 oz. enves de 1.7 oz. y cabe en todos lados. El tema de que si hidrata o humecta, ni una ni otra, si sientes la piel mas humeda y lozana, si tienes piel seca, pues con este amiguito no basta. Sus ingredientes en si son muy buenos pues tiene green tea, acido hialuronico, extractos naturales, etc. mas contiene Edta, paraben y phenoxyethanol, en pocas cantidades. El olor es una relacion de amor vs odio, no he podido descifrar a que huele, pues huele a Mac, se parece como a lo que huelen las barbies.

on 9/2/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This would work if you have nice skin with no visible pores. For the rest who are like me with oily skin and large pores, pls do not buy this. As a moisturizer, it shows all my open pores.It even cancels out the effects of my primer. Then instead of using it as a moisturizer, i tried mixing a dot of strobe cream into my liquid foundation. It gives a nice glow and doesn't show my open pores like crazy but it does clogs my pores! What's with all MAC face products that clogs pores? Then i tried dabbing this on top of my make up as a highlighter (of course, I had to try many2 ways of using this since it's so expensive..) but it wears off as the day goes by. I tink benefit's high beam works better as a highlighter.

Update: so between using it as a moisturizer, mixing with foundation and a highlighter, I would say mixing into my foundation works best for me even tho my face looks less than flawless but it seems to make my makeup much more lasting than usual.