October 2, 2014 | 1487 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by sakurina

I've been using Clinique for many years but now my skin is much more oily thanks to my crazy hormones... I've started to get more pimples, especially in the T-zone and this cleanser helps to treat them. Unfortunately, it didn't do much for my closed comedones so I need to add a chemical exfoliant to remove them...

This cleanser is really soft/gentle for my sensitive skin and I don't need to moisturize after. My T-zone is not oily anymore (I saw a difference after 1 month of use).

Sent is really good and the opening of the bottle is really pratical.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by meliannatsr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The first time I tried this product I hated it because my skin felt really dry since my skin is overall normal except from my T zone (it is also acne prone near my jaw line), but a year ago I decided to give it another try since my dermatologist suggested it. What I found was that, if you use it in combination with a decent toner and a good moisturiser it really does wonders! My skin feels really clean and I get less pimples! I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Clare_au

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for most of a year (alternating with another cleanser) and it hasn't caused any major issues, but I've never been highly impressed, and I think it's time to retire it. It is quite drying, making my skin feel tight after use, and it's fragranced, which I think could be contributing to skin irritation. I was surprised at this given that Avene is usually a fragrance-free brand marketed to people with super-sensitive skin. It also stings my eyes - I know most cleansers do, but I loved the Paula's Choice cleanser I used to have which didn't sting at all. It does have a nice texture when applied and I like that there's only a minimal amount of foam.

Overall, Cleanance gets the job done well enough, but at the high price I won't be repurchasing. I'm actually trying out a cheap drugstore brand cleanser now (Dermaveen) which is much better so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by lailahelal

My derm prescribed this to me when I was on accutane because its soap free and non irritant. Its the best face wash I've used so far! It cleans my skin without drying it out and controlled my breakouts alot! Thank you avene for making such a wonderful product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my HG cleanser..until they changed the ingredients. Now it is very harsh, strips my skin and although it does make my skin feel clean it also leaves it feeling tight. But the worst thing about the new formulation is how much it stings and irritates my eyes. No matter how careful I am it leaves the area around my eyes red and painful.
So this has went straight into the bin and now back to hunting for another gentle cleanser.
Why avene..why..:(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a bit torn about this product. On the one hand, it cleanses well, removes all traces of makeup and doesn't cause breakouts due at least in part to it's "soapless" gel consistency. It also smells very pleasant (not overly fragranced, just a clean smell). For these reasons, I've continued to purchase this cleanser for over SIX YEARS!! However......on the other hand, I feel that this product is too drying for my skin. It lathers well and leaves skin very fresh looking after washing, but I feel it is also sucking a lot of moisture from my skin in the process. I think I may need to re-evaluate my relationship with this cleanser! I see this product working much better for truly oily skin types, as your skin will probably tolerate it better (i.e. no moisture loss).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Banklive

I would not recommend this cleanser to anyone. I have used it for 2-3 months but there are still 3/4 of the volume in the bottle. The product advertised that this is good for sensitive skin, but I disagree with it. The product is too strong for facial skin. After I used it, each time my face feels do tight. It rips off almost anything on your face, including essential oil for your facial skin. Fell so disappointed at this brand. The advertisement completely cannot do what it said. What a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by eselle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Used this for a few years alongside Cleanance K/Avene moisturiser stuff, and it only led to more oily and acne-filled skin. It did pretty much nothing to help when my acne became really bad, and I had to resort to antibiotic treatment. This only served as a pitifully poor investment and complete waste of money.

I am certainly pleased to no longer be using such overpriced and ineffective products when natural ingredients and oils provide a far better, gentler and cheaper solution for your skin. If you want less oily skin, try organic unrefined coconut oil - works wonders for me and I no longer have greasy skin. Products with synthetic ingredients such as this tend to strip off your natural oils, thus leading your body to produce an excessive amount of sebum which causes even more greasy skin - so you'd want something that will provide sufficient moisture. I am very glad to have learnt to read beyond marketing labels and promotional rhetoric.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought that this was a decent cleanser, although I wouldn't repurchase. It stung my eyes and stripped my skin a little too much. It did improve my skin a little, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Shubbing

This cleanser cleared up my acne almost instantly! I usually have pretty okay-ish skin with pimples once in a blue moon until adult acne found me last year. Was in a pretty terrible state even after visiting the dermatologist and prescribed with differin and doxycycline. My usual cleanser was Simple, didn't help much but didn't do harm either so I didn't consider changing it. My friend, however, insisted that I got this and I reluctantly got it even though it was nearly twice the cost of my Simple one. However, after using this for just one day, I noticed that my acne cleared up tremendously! And it has helped to keep it clear since then. Will definitely repurchase!

On a downside, it doesn't do much in terms of oil control or moisturization. On the first couple of days after using this, I noticed that my face became super super oily and only managed to get rid of it with a oil control sleeping mask. Also, I don't recommend using this all the time. I alternate my cleaning routine with this and just plain oats as I'm afraid this cleanser might be too drying and strong as well. You'll need a good moisturiser with this.