October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mcolumbia76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Results. In the end, that's all that matters. I have been using this for the past 2 years and nothing has worked better for me. The rundown:

1) The packaging blows. It's not fancy, it doesn't look "classy". It comes in a white and orange plastic jar.

2) The cream is bright yellow. It also smells like medicine. It doesn't smell great like Creme de la Mer or Natura Bisse.

3) The price is high for how it looks. But it's actually really cheap considering how well it works for me. But it would be nice if the price went down, since I'm not one to say no to extra savings.

I've tried L'Occitane Shea Butter Face Moisturizer (Not moisturizing enough). Shiseido Bio Performance Revitalizing Cream (it's good, but my skin started developing redness for some reason). Creme de la Mer (too heavy for my face, just right for my under eye and laugh areas, but eventually replaced by Kiehl's Avocado Eye Cream). Natura Bisse Diamond Cream (nice scent but to strong and irritated my skin). I tried countless cheap brands from the drugstore too (Oil of Olay, Neutrogena, L'Oreal, Aveeno). Nothing kept my skin as moisturized with one application as Yu-be. Didn't irritate me, keeps me smooth, no breakouts. I'm 38, which shocks people when they see me because they think I am in my 20's.

Of course I would buy it again, because it works for me. I don't know if I recommend it. Recommendations can get you in trouble because in the end, we are individuals and what works for me may not work for you. I have very dry skin. It's somewhat sensitive from time to time. I stay away from face applications with fragarance most of the time. No alcohol ever applied to the facial skin. No acne, no laugh lines, but prone to being bitten by insects.

Though I think reviews are important (I read them all the time myself before deciding to try something), they only go so far. You can honestly rave about something that would be totally wrong for someone else. That said, I can say without a doubt that I will horde this product should the zombie apocalypse happen. And since I know it works for me, the only thing that concerns me is whether I can always get it again when my supply runs low.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Could not stand this cream for its thick and greasy feeling and smell. I used it a few times and couldn't stand it. Thankfully it was a sample so I threw it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by lanihime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

There has been a lot of hype over this product and got it as a present, so I was gung ho to use it. Ultimately, I didn't like this product because of the smell, combined with average performance as a hand cream.

I have very dry hands and while mositurizing, this cream felt like it was sitting on top of my skin more than sinking in. The fragrance is very medicinal/camphor like. It honestly felt like someone mixed glysomed with badger balm and the bad traits from those two shines in this product. I actually mixed the two that I had at home and it was eerily similar (although slightly different smell). Note: like some reviewers say, the smell dissipates in about 30 minutes.

The price is $26 CAD for 2.5oz and both Glysomed and Badger balm are under $10 which really makes it on the pricy end of hand creams. I do like jars though as they're easier to get all the product out of.

I think if you like glysomed, but find it a bit too thick, and you like herbal products, you mayyyyy like this. (But that feels like a stretch and I'm not convinced I would recommend this product.)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Danielleox

I recently recieved a sample of this in my Bellabox. This moisturiser is so good, you only need a tiny bit of product and it works wonders, I used it on my hands and it left them feeling soft and moisturised. It sinks into your skin, doesn't sit on the top and make them slippery. Not greasy at all, like most moisturisers. The scent is not a problem, it just smells like Vicks for a minute and it fades away. Would repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by alina08

The smell of camphor is really strong on this product. I was surprised at how strongly it smelled (perhaps because I used it on my nose?). It moisturizes quite well, but then again, so does petroleum jelly, and this has a similar texture. While I liked the result of this moisturizer, I do not think that the price adequately reflects the quality of the item and the scent is just too pungent. I could not repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this stuff is insanely over-hyped. I used it on my face - it applied strangely, was really sticky, and I was not wow'd in any way. I used it on my hands and it left them very soft and oddly enough wasn't sticky- it was nice, nothing to write home about though. Also, I could have added pure glycerin oil instead (which really is what this stuff is made of) and got the same if not better results.

Oh and the reviewers do not lie - this shiz stinks. It smells like camphor, it's nasty as hell. Does it fade? Sure, but it takes about half hr give or take. It also comes in a crappy jar. Its really expensive for what it is - like I said, it's mostly glycerin so I could mix that (which is like 5 oz for 3 bucks) with liquid from a vitamin E tab and prob get way more benefits. So yeah, I am not a fan at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

In short: This is a man-repeller that will make everyone around you think Grandma just entered the room. The instructions say to apply a small dab, and that the camphor scent will fade quickly. Well I applied dabs on my hands and feet, but the camphor scent never faded. It worked well enough as a moisturizer, but I couldn't use it in public, and it isn't so much better than my regular night time lotions that I can justify repurchasing it when it finally (hopefully!) runs out. I will reach for cocoa butter, L'Occitane cream, coconut oil, even plain Vaseline or Aquaphor, before I consider repurchasing this sorry product.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Really, who cares about the scent as long as it works! Of course some skin creams can smell like medicine, because that's what your skin needs at the time. Most companies add perfume to their creams, and that only makes it worse. If you have any skin conditions or chronic dry skin from the weather, then you really need to try this cream. There is nothing in the drugstore that instantly soothes red irritated skin and takes the sting out. If you live in a harsh climate or love winter sports, I think this can help protect your face and hands.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by scarlettmason

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Received a sample of this in my January glossybox and I immediately purchased the full size, AMAZING moisturiser if you have extremely dry skin I wore this under my foundation today and for the first time in forever no flaking at all, I also used this on my lips and it softened them instantly, only down side to using it as a lip balm is that it has a funny taste but nothing unbearable. 5/5 would definitely recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this from Sephora. I began using it on my hands and feet before going to bed. When I woke up, I noticed such a difference in my skin. It was smoother and moisturized. I was so impressed that I ordered a full size tube. The smell is strong at first, but it does disappear. This cream is a must have for my dry, winter skin. For about $20, I will continue to purchase.