NYX Slim Lip Pencil - Mauve 831

4.4

on 7/26/2015 5:09:00 PM

This has become my go to lip liner! It's very creamy and has nice pigmentation. Nice on its own but even better under a lipstick! Looking forward to buying more shades from this line.

on 7/24/2015 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Very nice natural looking liner.
I used to fill in my lips as a natural looking all over color when I do not feel like getting too ready.
It is comparable to mac whirl.
It is too similar to my lip color so I probably will not buy again but it is a very nice pencil liner and looks nice on the lips.
I would purchase other shades in the future.

on 5/6/2015 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have pigmented lips so this lip liner made my lips look a strange blue/pink tint which was not flattering. I love NYX lip liners, but this specific one was not a match for me specifically.

on 2/7/2015 8:04:00 PM

90's BABIES REJOICE!!! I adore this lip liner because of the versatility it possesses... More Brown than Pink lips are my favorite & with the right makeup looks so stunning💄 It's very similar to Whirl by MAC.
You can wear it simply by itself over the entire lips on top of chapstick.
It can be used as a liner for NUDE or DARK lips.
It looks great underneath lip glosses.
Your lipstick won't bleed out.

NYX Lip Liner in Mauve is such a steal at $4. You can pick it up at your local Ulta. It's a MUST HAVE.

on 1/12/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice color, sleek design and a good product for the price you pay.

Compared to the lip pencils I've tried from MAC this one goes on creamier, but doesn't last as long. I tried wearing it with just a lipbalm on top, bit the lip pencil faded away in an instant. Due to it being quite creamy I feel like I have to sharpen it very often, and it's not a very long pencil to start with.

It's a great option if you're looking for a drugstore lip pencil. However I will try Whirl from MAC if I miss the color once I've run out, I feel like it's better value for money.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I'm quite impressed with the overall quality of NYX's lipliners. I love this shade, Mauve, as it works nicely alone or when paired under most of my lipsticks! It's creamy, smooth and the color just complements my skintone nicely which I was not expecting. I love it worn under Velvet Teddy by MAC or just by on it's own with a little lip balm on top. The ONLY thing I dislike is that it's not an automatic pencil, I just hate sharpening pencils because I always feel like I'm wasting product and I go through these pretty fast. If you can't find these in stock at your local Ulta, I definitely recommend buying these through Ebay because it's become so popular lately that I can never find them in stock.

on 12/26/2014 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Next to MAC lipliners, NYX has my heart. I cannot stress how beautiful the colors these lip liners come in are and for less than $5 but catch those Ulta 40% off deals, and you can get them for less than $2. STEAL! Mauve is one of my favorites in addition to Mahogany. It's affordable, long lasting, creamy (not as creamy as MAC though), and pigmented. It's funny how the 90s lip trend came about this year yet these lip liners have been there all along. Love!

on 12/26/2014 7:55:00 AM

I love all of the NYX lip liners, but mauve has to be one of my favorites. I'm very fair skinned and it comes off quite dark on me, but not too dark. I always pair it with MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick and it's a perfect match. The lasting power isn't amazing, maybe 4-5 hours if you aren't eating or drinking anything. These lip liners do transfer a bit as well.
Supposedly a dupe for MAC Whirl lip liner at a fraction of the cost.

on 11/3/2014 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's lovely and rare a lip liner isn't darker than my lips. Love the color, it's also very smooth so no tugging should you want to apply it as an all over lip color. But it's a little too creamy for me so I find with glosses, I don't usually wear lipstick, it's gone too quickly. If not for that I'd repurchase.

on 11/3/2014 6:47:00 PM

LOVE this liner. I apply it as an all over lip color. The color is super pretty and its a pretty great price.