December 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Lip Liners - NYX - Slim Lip Pencil - Mauve 831

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

It's lovely and rare a lip liner isn't darker than my lips. Love the color, it's also very smooth so no tugging should you want to apply it as an all over lip color. But it's a little too creamy for me so I find with glosses, I don't usually wear lipstick, it's gone too quickly. If not for that I'd repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by kayleikinz

LOVE this liner. I apply it as an all over lip color. The color is super pretty and its a pretty great price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

First yes I own a couple of MAC liners in Burree and Whirl and I love them. That said I also do like the NYX liners. They are not quite a smooth as MAC but the color dupes are pretty darn close and for someone on a budget they can get a similar look for much less cost.

I am a neutral tone but I lean cooler than warm and I like mauvey tones on my lips. I have several of the NYX neutral liners this is one of my favorites. You do need to use a balm under these liners if you are going to use to fill in your lips they are a little dry and if you have dry flaky lips this is gonna be a hot mess. I will use blistex deep renewal or EOS which is hydrating but not shinny blott it slightly before I fill in and the color will last several hours even eatting and drinking. If my lips get a little dry I'll dab the balm over the top. I don't find I need to re apply the color often.

I line my lips with this as well with some of my more concealer looking nudes and this will make them look much less "dead" looking. Another awesome pairing I have is with the Bite beauty color Cava. It makes the color pop so subtle but not change the gorgeous color of this nude lippy.

I like all the NYX pencils I've used so far. If you don't want to pay $15 for a liner try these I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2014 6:09:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: nc25-30, warm & yellow

I am a huge fan of nyx slim lip liners. They are inexpensive and come in a bunch of different shades. I picked this liner up from my local walgreens for about $3.

This shade is MLBB for me! My lips are pretty pigmented already. This liner looks like a dusty pinky mauve color on my lips. I love pairing this with matte, pinky lipsticks like revlon's mauve it over.

Definitely would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Mauve 831 is the best lip liner investment you will ever make, and this is why.

It goes well with ANY nude. If you have lighter lips, it creates a nice dark (but not too dark outline) to make your lips look plump, and if you have darker lips, its the perfect liner to help keep your lipstick in place, while looking sharp and neat

It has small hints of reds and purples, so if you have a pinkish or purple tinted gloss or lipstick, it will pair very well with many different shades.

It's a great base for darker lipsticks, because of the many tones in this lip liner, you can draw this all over your lips to really amp up any lipstick you want!

The smooth texture and color payoff is no different than high end brands, (even BETTER than some in my opinion)

Best of all, it's like, 4 freakin bucks. You just can't beat that!!

It's the most universal liner I have ever seen, or owned. I have gone through about 10 of these in the past couple of years. It's my go to for neutral or color lipsticks/glosses. I encourage EVERYONE to at least give this a shot! And if you don't like it, hey. It was only 4 bucks ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by MonicaTerese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A great dark nude for those of us who can't wear flesh colored lip liners. Its a little bit darker than my natural lip color but it does give a natural look. I wear this liner with most of my lip products, whether it be darker berry colors, or even light pinks which are usually too pale to wear on their own. The wear was good, even though its a bit drying when you first put it on so make sure your lips are moisturized! This is an awesome product and something I constantly am reaching for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I've been on a nude lippie kick lately and this liner works perfectly in my rotation. What I do is fill in my lips with this liner and then top it off with NYX Lip Butter in tiramisu. Oh, my word..it gives me the perfect mauvey/pink nude lippie without giving me that washed out,ashy lip against my NC45 skintone. I definitely look forward to carrying this lip into fall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this lip liner at ULTA and it was exactly what I was looking for, which was a dupe or very similar to MAC's Lip Liner in Whirl. It is a touch lighter shade than Whirl. It's also a bit creamier, but it's pigmented and a perfect match to my natural lipcolor. The price is under $5. Must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lipstickandleather

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is my go to lipliner. you will never see my makeup bag without this in it. it is the exact same shade as my lips so this looks very natural on me. it's a berry color, but not too dark. i wear it almost everyday and it makes my thin lips look bigger.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by kwhilge

got this at ulta on a great sale. works with multiple colors of lipglosses etc. for a buck or two it is wonderful. I probably won't buy department store lip liner again