November 23, 2014 | 1978 users online

Toners - Mario Badescu - Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot and will probably update when I have used it more but I just have to say a few things.

This doesn't actually contain Rosewater. Those old ingredients listed on the old bottles apparently were a lie. They did that with practically every product. I found out that they supposedly "didn't change the ingredients" they just are being more honest about it now. I had called the company to ask why they changed them since that will effect a lot of peoples' skin, and they said they just 'repackaged and it should be the same effectiveness'. Coupled with rumors I heard that they weren't transparent about their ingredients previously I figured out that that's what it was.

Real Ingredients straight from my bottle are: Water, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fucus Vesiculous Extract (Bladderwrack), Gardenis Florida Fruit Extract, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1)

So no rose. Oh well. I still like it. I previously used Burt's Bees Rosewater toner which I do like and it does contain rose, but I like this more. That one has some alcohols and witch hazel which my skin isn't as happy about. Just wanted to share that about the ingreds though.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by tvall

I liked this until I found out it contained Propylene Glycol. Why can't they use a different ingredient, I thought Mario Badescu was pretty natural.

Very surprised. Threw this stuff away - something I really hate doing :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as a toner. It had replaced my prior glycolic acid based toner. Gentle on my acne prone skin. Mild rose scent which dissipates quickly. Have yet to try as setting spray but I bet it'll work great for that as well.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by HannahLDR99

This is a very good dupe for MAC fix . It works the same and it's cost is alot better. The smell is kind of overwhelming but it doesnt stay for long. Might be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this product. I don't generally use toners or makeup fixing products but I love this for its cooling and skin soothing properties. I've started having hot flashes (ahem) along with dry, sensitive skin and this product has helped me survive another summer in S.TX. I keep one in the medicine cabinet for my face when my skin feels dry and irritated and one in the fridge to spray on my neck and pulse points for a quick cool down. I gave the packaging four stars because the pump bottle leaked in my purse. Since then I've been carrying a small spray can of Evian in my bag which is fine on the go but much more expensive and lacking in skin care ingredients. Overall, I really like this and other Mario Badescu products I've tried. They are effective, reasonably priced and cruelty free. The packaging is "gender neutral" so my son doesn't feel like he's using a girly product and they can be easily recycled.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was skeptical about facial and setting sprays but after watching a goss makeup video in which he used a rose water spray I thought I would this one out since it is affordable easily available and cruelty free. I must say that I have quickly noticed a big difference with my makeup when I spray this on throughout the day. I wear a tinted moisturizer, concealer and mineral foundation and this has greatly decreased any unevenness and makeup settling into fine lines after multiple hours of wear. I spray this on 2-3 times a day and the pray is very fine and goes on evenly. It seems to dry very quickly and has alight rose scent that usnt too overpowering. I got a 4 oz size bottle for 7 dollars from ulta but they also have a smaller travel size and I will continue to carry this with me everyday in my handbag.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Lexie410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love MB products. I decided to try this spray to replace my Mac Fix + since it's much cheaper. 30 minutes after I sprayed it, my face became so itchy. An hour later I couldn't take it and had to wash all my makeup off. A Benedryl later, it's safe to say I'm probably allergic to Rosewater which isn't an uncommon allergy apparently. Such a shame. It smelled amazing. I would recommend to test this out on your wrist or somewhere if you have sensitive skin before going crazy. I probably should have since I have other skin allergies to skin care products. Lesson learned.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Icanhelpyouwithmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this product in one of my makeup stashes and thought I'd pull it out again. Seriously though! This is pretty darn nice. If you apply too much, as any setting spray or mist for the face, it will ruin your makeup or make you look as if you've just run a marathon. I can't really tell a difference in my skin by using this but it's a nice light makeup setting spray. I can't really smell any rose or herbs in the spray because to me, it doesn't really have a scent to it. Would I buy it again? No, but if I had it, I would use it. It's really refreshing in the summer months and does have a cooling effect. I used it almost everyday when I had it just because I liked it and I thought it needed a good run. If you happen to like Mario Badescu products you will probably love this product. It's also great for wearing alone without any makeup. Just spray a little in an X formation on your face and your good to go! Make sure to keep it a little aways from your face though because it can spray!! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by WormEatsBird

I really love this spray. Note that I have oily, acne prone skin.

I use this to set my makeup, and I really love it for that, it takes away the "powdered up" look and just makes my makeup look so natural and beautiful.

It does not make me oily at all - and I have been in the Georgia heat and humidity for a few weeks.

It's very refreshing and has really nice simple ingredients, and a rosy scent of course, but not obnoxious at all.

It's a very nice, fine mist.
4 oz. (118 mL) for $7, which is a good price IMO!

I would recommend you give this a try!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I bought this product due to it's great reviews here on MUA.
Sadly, it didn't live up to my expectations.

My skin is combinated/dry, so a hydrating facial pray sounded perfect. Also my skin is really sensitive, and this product is sort of "natural". Well, it just didn't do ANYTHING good for my skin. First of all, it made my face sticky. It was like it didn't sink in but just sat there, like a sticky layer. I'm pretty sure it also made my skin break out.
And lastly I can't stand the smell. It's such a strong smell of roses, reminds me of bathroom cleaner or something. Not pleasent, in my opinion.

Wouldn't buy again (couldn't even use it up) and won't recommend.