December 18, 2014 | 1668 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by darknessdarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have gone through like 50 different washes, cleansers wipes, etc for my acne. I started getting it at grade 2 and used things like proactive and neutrogena, head and shoulders on my face, six different types of oil, gluten free diet, dairy free diet, trying so many things to try to see what works.

Honestly I thought this was going to break me out. This whole summer I used only this to cleanse and it made my skin SO MUCH BETTER even though my acne is a hormonal problem. It made the annoying ones caused by clogs and makeup go away. It makes my skin soft and I don't get that dry-tightness. It also soothes the ones that are open and healing.

It removes all of my makeup, and I think it's due to the oils in it? I don't know. If I swipe toner on after this, there's nothing left on my skin, even if I rub and rub. It opens my pores and feels so refreshing. I love the original better than the moisturizing classic (purple label) because the scent for that one is kind of gross but is very softening. I HATE scents in skin products unless it's a natural smell, so the tingly eucalyptus in this is nice and not offensive.

My skin hates most things and this works so well it was kind of a slap in the face. I'll keep buying it as long as they don't change it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by GetThatGlow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a Must have no doubt about it!!! I was so afraid to try this because my skin breaks out from numerous things, however if I use the right things my face stays clear and this well you can't beat it!!! It's super cheap cost but the power of this stuff is like gold. I have dry skin and I can't use moisturizer bc I break out however tthis has put moisture back in my skin in just two weeks of use!!!! The first time I used it to take off my makeup I just slapped it on my face then rinsed well that didn't work so well and I understand why lol....it's not suppose to remove makeup but it DOES and I wear the estee lauder double wear light foundation. ROUTINE: I apply noxema to my dry face and rub for a minute then I take a wet cloth and wipe my makeup and noxzema off. Then I reapply noxzema let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes which feels great and smells good too then I rinse with my hands and wa-la simple routine super clean skin and moisturized too...now sometimes I will follow up with a toner but not often...I just like my face to be super clean and this works without getting dry!!! It's obviously been around for years for a reason!!! Go ahead try it you won't regret!! My HG cleanser for sure o will use this for the rest of my life so long as they keep making it. I've searched high and low and this is it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by mkr7654321

My mom used to use this when I was little. It was my first face wash. It's very refreshing, especially if you have a cold. It's nice to use in the shower to wake you up and clear out your sinuses because it has a eucalyptus scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by GSMcClary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like others have said this is a staple! I am so obsessed with my skin care regimen and after my wipes I use this cleanser, leave it on my face for a few minutes rinse and use another cleanser with my clarisonic! The eucalyptus is refreshing! Because I wear makeup everyday I use this as a precleanser cause I can't afford to have breakouts and I feel this keeps them away! Will continue to use for years to come!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by caflac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's a reason this has been on the market for so long.

I recently rediscovered this after years of trying loads of different cleansers. I actually only bought it because I saw it in a specialist store (I live in the UK but am American) and got so excited about an American product I just HAD to have it.

It's not as good at removing makeup as Pond's but it's _amazing_ as a night cream or mask - just rinse your face the next morning in the shower. I rub it in before bed and it keeps my dry patches away and on the mornings after I use it I don't even need to moisturize. If I'm at home all day I'll use it all day, too. The tingly sensation is a bonus and I love the smell.

I use it with my Clarisonic (they work just fine together) and without. I use olive oil and a cotton ball to remove my eye makeup and if I have a really heavy face on I use a wipe before I use the Noxzema. I'm not sure I need to, to be honest, I'm just trying to use them up.

I've even used it on this weird scaly patche/rashe I've found on my chin and it's almost completely removed it.

I thought the Neutrogena bar was my HG face product until regular use made it dry out my skin super bad. I can't imagine giving this product up now.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kimreztituyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you're using this too remove makeup, just stop it already lol, it's a cleanser, never use a cleanser too remove makeup, no matter what it promises. I use this in the morning, I rub it in for like 20 seconds then leave it there while I brush my teeth then rinse it off. That way it works even better and I'm not wasting time lol, great feeling in the morning, feels fresh, eucalyptus scent that isn't too strong, doesn't break me out, love it :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

I like this ok.
It was not the best as a cleanser but I do like the scent lol.
I wish it had better results and the old tingly feeling it used to provide. I feel like they really dulled it down.
I did see some imrpovement in my skin and skin tone but since it does not remove my makeup completely and it no longer has that very cool feeling to the skin I will not be repurchasing.
Maybe if it was the old school formula I may purchase again just to take a time out for myself since I LOVE that feeling on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Lilbunney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had not used noxzema since high school. That was about 15 years ago. I had been seduced by expensive cleansers while working for Estée Lauder and also clinique. I was shopping at target and noticed that I could get a $5 gift card and also % off with cartwheel if I bought noxzema products. I was purchasing the acne pads anyway, and I thought - ok I'm going to try this. Oh do I love it. Love, love it. I keep it under my sink and use it at night to 'melt away' my makeup from the day. The smell is great, and I like that it doesn't lather, so I can be in my bed clothes and not worry about getting my PJ's all wet from washing up before bed. I have already repurchased so I have one on hand. Love it! Price is wonderful. So glad to have rediscovered this gem!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by Sammy68

Oh, how I can sing the sweet praises of Noxzema skin cream! I used Noxzema when I was a teenager and stopped at some point before I reached my 20's. Fast forward many moons later and now as a woman of 40+ something I bought this while vacationing in Florida, because I ran out of facial cleanser and Noxzema was the only product I could find in Wally World that wasn't loaded with a ton of chemicals and did not lather (HATE lathering, stripping products on my face). As of late, I suppose from the insurgent of crazy female hormones my face has been an oil slick and I've been getting zits like crazy. Well, good ole Noxzema to the rescue. That easy. Zits started going away. Doesn't dry out my face. Cheap. Easy to find. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by DrMim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have given the price 4 lippies only because I have to have this sent from overseas to me in NZ, so that pushes the price up by quite a bit ($15.00 NZ a tub!). Having said that its worth it. I have used Noxzema for years but stopped when I got seduced by expensive cleansers ect. Having ordered myself a tub recently I love it. It gets off all of my makeup, including my waterproof mascara, my face doesn't feel tight and dry when I use it and the smell is fab. I end up with a very clean face, soft skin and a fresh, clean smell. How can you go wrong?