December 18, 2014 | 1842 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Sin Eyeshadow

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A nice shade but I would never buy it on its own. It is not that pigmented and since my lids are dark, it doesnt show up much unless I heavily apply it. It's ideal for fair skin but if you have skin with any sort of color, it won't do a whole lot for you( I'm NC 35-40 for reference).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One of my most used eyeshadows. It's a beautiful champagne frost that is incredibly versatile. Wear it alone for a sheer wash of shimmer on the lids, or use it with other shadows for a look with more depth. On my NC15 skin it also makes a great highlighter. I love dusting it on my cheekbones for a shimmery highlight that's not too glittery. I've searched everywhere for a more adorable dupe, but the fact is that for the texture, $18 is well worth it. I have many champagnes in my collection, but none quite like Sin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Sin is gorgeous. I don't find it to be too pinky at all, although I do see both the pink and champagne colors when applied, but I see them equally. It's a bit frosty, but not overly so, with excellent pigment. It's velvety and applies easily with a brush or fingers with no fallout. I don't find it young or flashy or high school at all, I daresay it's sublime.

I'm a makeup minimalist. I do not create 'looks'. I use TM, blush, mascara and e/s, and that's about it. Rare occasions I'll use a lip color. And I don't always use all items simultaneously.
This e/s is perfect for me, I sweep it over my entire lid just to add some pop to my eyes. I love a shadow that can be worn alone, and this def. fits the bill.

Overall I'm glad I bought this, the only con is clearly the price. $18 is ridiculous for the single, the very small single. With my infrequent usage, the cost is justifiable, it should last me a year at least. But for those who would use it up quickly, I think a cheaper dupe is a better idea.
I also found that it settles into creases, but I don't use primer and have never, ever found an e/s that doesn't settle into creases to some degree.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by dsweet730

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Beautiful light, silky rosy champagne color. Comparable to Stila's Kitten. Goes on smoothly and evenly and because glitter is incredibly fine, it's easy to pack it on your lids. Great for a day look and can also be used for highlights. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by sonshinex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For skin color ref, I am about a NW 20-25. I have owned the Urban Decay Sin eyeshadow (the old bottle cap looking packaging) for 2 years and am still using it up to this day.

Sin is a very light peach/champagne color that goes on the eyelid like butter and stays on for the whole day with the right eye primer. People might say that there are plenty of cheaper dupes out there but trust me, there is nothing comparable to this. I had the Wet 'n Wild trio in Walking on Eggshells (the eyelid color) but that was way too frosty for me. Sin is the most natural color that makes you look 100x better. I bought so many neutral palettes and eyeshadows since I got Sin, but I always came back to it because I love this color so much on me.

Even though the UD eyeshadow singles are a little costly, I have owned the same packaging for 2 years and I'm starting to see the bottom of it. A little goes a long way on your lids and I think I will have a long way to go just to finish this eyeshadow. I love it and will most definitely buy it again once I run out. It's a staple in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Oliviabland

A MUST HAVE. I have TWO backups of this product. It's a staple in my collection

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently bought several UD eyeshadows and I am so happy with the pigment, texture and staying power. I have Toasted, Roach, Busted and Zephyr. I have wanted Sin but had been hesitant b/c the champagne e/s have a tendency to be too chalky and too sparkly and just not quite right (Stila Kitten & the MAC champagne shades)

SIN is absolutely perfect for my medium yellow toned Asian Skin. Perfect champagne e/s to wear alone with some black eyeliner or paired with Toasted and black eyeliner. I bought the UD build your palette and I actually wish that it held 6 e/s instead of 4 but that's okay.

I do use an eye primer every day but my skin is not oily. I use UD, Benefit or LM b/c I think that eye primer makes application so simple.

Really loving the UD eyeshadows and I have been a long time user of Chanel, BB, LM, Dior, Stila, MAC, Tom Ford, and Smashbox. The price is right and the colors, pigment and texture are outstanding

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this e/s is beautiful. It's a great all over the lid color. It does have quite a lot of fallout but if you pat it on rather than rub that should help a lot. Plus it lasts all day and looks good with just about any crease color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ultraVIOLETnikki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite products ever - I think the first time I bought this eyeshadow was in high school (in the late 90s...) and I've never been without it since then. The prettiest shimmery champagne that's not too pink, not too gold, not too sparkly or gritty. Texture is wonderful (and even better since the last reformulation) and it's a nice neutral/nude that's a bit different, it has a ton of uses! I use it as a wash over the whole eyelid with nothing else, as a base for a shimmery smokey eye, or dabbed on the center of my eyelid when doing a neutral look to brighten my eyes (this trick really works, I do it almost every day now) and it makes a nice highlight in the corners of the eye or under the eyebrow. Definitely my most used shadow over my lifetime. Will continue repurchasing, again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this eyeshadow. On its own, it looks gorgeous- a lovely champagne that's not too pink or too gold. Where it really shines is as a base for a smokey eye. I love using Sin as a base then Darkhorse, also from the Naked palette on the outer corner and a bit through the crease then blending it slightly inward. Together, Sin and Darkhorse create this super beautiful transition from intense brown to shimmery champagne that doesn't require too much blending to get right. As with the majority of UD shadows, the quality and blendability are fantastic. This is my go-to base as it looks great on its own and with other shadows layered on top.