Maybelline Cool Effect Cooling Shadow/Liner in On The Rocks

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

i love "on the rocks"!! its a gorgeous dark metallic bronze color! i find this shade in particular is the one of the only cool effects pencils that work/apply!!! i have 5 different pencils that i have bought and only 2 work well and the others not so much, unfortuantely. i bought mine @ my local Rite Aid for around $6 i think on a bogo 50% off, but i still dont like spending $1 on something that dont work so i have to sharpen them down a little & some work better then. On the rocks is my favs and the softest!! def a great liner and can be smudged out w/ shadow & it looks great. i have very pale skin and i find it shows up a dark medium chocolate brown w/ slight shimmer. i love it but found its better to just save & order nyx jumbo pencils since theyre so pigmented & are great cream bases/shadows! i wish all the shadow/liners from maybelline could be a bit more softer & pigmented bc id say to get them but if ur gonna try them id say you probably should be warned that theyre not that good except "on the rocks" is def worth a try!!! love this one!

on 2/21/2011 1:31:00 PM

this is a great color to accentuate my blue eyes! it's great to smudge and double as eyeliner!

on 1/12/2011 9:56:00 PM

This is by far my favorite cream shadow or liner! The color payoff is lovely, and the consistency is creamy, so it glides, but won't smudge unless you want it to! This is definitely not for precision lining, it's for nice chunky upper lashline lines, but that's fine with me. The packaging is not great, these have a tendency to fall out of the fake wood casing :( Overall though, these have a lovely color and fantastic staying power.

on 11/11/2010 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is an amazing product and I am so glad i found it! it doesnt smudge! its lik completely oil proof! it creases very little, but i don't kno if it was b/c i used the udpp but as an eyeliner, i use it on my bottom lash line which i usually dont ever put anything on there b/c it usually gives me raccoon eyes but this did not! and its such a pretty color, dark brown coppery bronzy color!

on 3/5/2010 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this product! I have been using it for a long time. I only use it as a liner, not a shadow, so I can't speak for the other option as to whether it stays on long/creases. I had to find a sharpener with a larger whole since the pencil is bulkier than most eyeliners. Works great! I love the color, it it a dark shimmery brown, and I have received multiple compliments on it. I feel like it really pops when lining eye shadows that are greens/golds/browns. Stays on (and strong) all day until I take my makeup off! With a bigger pencil end, I find that sharpening it frequently makes application more precise!

on 6/26/2009 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The color is a great deep brown with bronze shimmer but my pencil is so rough and hard on my eyes to apply i wont be using it. sharpened it using a larger opening sharpener ....it applies fine to my hand so I dont understand? so I'll give it a 3

on 3/29/2009 2:48:00 PM

When I first bought this product I loved it. I love the cooling sensation it gave and it lasted almost all day long! And it was easy to glide on and nice color. However, after a few weeks, the point started to dull, and when I tried to sharpen it, it was very complicated. Still, i cannot sharpen it and it is left unused. If it would sharpen, I would definitely stock up!

Does anyone know how to sharpen this?

on 2/10/2009 7:01:00 PM

I loved this eyeliner when I got it...it went on smoothly and the color was fantastic...but it burned my eyes so bad I couldn't stand it! I had to wash it off and start my eye makeup all over without it. I tried several times and it burned each time. I had to throw it out. It was a let down and I was sad. :-(

on 12/27/2007 9:49:00 PM

Love this! This liner is a nice deep bronze color. I've never used a fat liner before and was concerned about getting close enough to the lash line. No problem. This glides on so smoothly. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion on my eyelids and with this the liner stayed put all day long. I find this to be a nice accent to my green eyes. Reminds me of a cheap version of Sue Devitt's eye intensifier pencils.

on 10/13/2007 6:18:00 PM

On the Rocks, (37), is a soft brown with bronze highlights. Very pretty. It goes on the upper lid smoothly, but the bottom lid it clumps in the lashes. It lasts into early evening applied over a primer. I will buy this again, but will probably use another pencil on the lower lashes. Also, I miss wooden pencils-they sharpen better.