October 20, 2014 | 976 users online

Treatments (Face) - Renova - Renova Rx cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by tototo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read the request for an over 55 review. I am 65 and have been using Renova for 5 years. It is truly a wonder cream. I have Rosacea and very sensitive skin but I have had no problems. Take the time to build up as directed. I have very few wrinkles and my skin looks dewy and youthful. I use it every other night in the winter and every night the rest of the year. I put NIA 24 cream over it and they seem to complement each other. I actually have fewer Rosacea flare ups since using.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by rjkarma106

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would love some feed back. I haven't seen a review from anyone over 55. If someone in my age group, 60s, has used this would you be kind enough to write. I've only been using it for 2 days. Grateful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by shipinabottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this has recently gone generic and I highly recommend it for acne and anti-aging

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by whateverinny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had slowly graduated to Green Cream 9 and used it with Glycolic cream with beautiful results and decided I was ready to jump to a prescription strength treatment. I used Renova for three months starting slowly. Unfortunately my skin did not react well. After three months, my forehead and temples were covered in bumps and my cheeks had a few large pimples. My skin tone was uneven and my skin looked oily. I do not know if it was the emollient base that caused this as my skin never burned when using it or if I just cannot tolerate prescription retinoids. It has been three days since I stopped using Renova and already the pimples are clearing up. Unfortunately, Renova is not a good product for me. So after I give my skin sometime to recover, back to the Green Cream I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by sheiladee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Renova for a couple of years. Have always had problem skin, lots of acne scars. This product has made a very big difference in my skin. Builds up the skin, makes the scars less noticeable. It is very expensive, but lasts a long time, a year. It is so worth it to me, I am always told I look 10 years younger than I am (I am 46), and I think Renova has a lot to do with that.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Yes yes and yes, this stuff really works for me! I'm asian, 31, w/ fine lines around eyes and mouth and wanted to add a retinoid to my routine. I'm on my 6th month and Renova has noticably improved my radiance, clarity, and my lines (while they have not disappeared) have absolutely not progressed. I have used this every night since I started and the first few weeks I experienced some increased dryness, as expected, but no redness and no flaking and my skin adjusted quickly (I don't have sensitive skin whatsoever though....). I use a pea sized blob and dab it on each cheek, forehead, and chin and dab whatever is left around my eyes. Then I use a half-pea drop for my neck. My complexion is so much softer and smoother and my skin is in great overall shape and can definitely see how this is a fab preventative product. Highly recommend for gals and guys in their late 20s or early 30s.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, this product does work to help rebuild the collagen and fight wrinkles. But it's very hard to get it right,...at least for me. My skin is extremely reactive to too much or too frequent of applications. I can handle every 2-3 days. My skin has never developed a tolerance. Additionally (yeah, there's more), it has to be applied to TOTALLY dry skin. Meaning that I have to wait at least 20 minutes after washing my face or applying another product (I only apply toner and serums -- for me, TNS) beforehand. THEN, I have to wait about 30-45 minutes to apply moisturizer.

ALSO be warned DO NOT wax while using this or for a long while after. I made the mistake of a brow wax (reasoning I don't use it near my eyes, right?) and learned after chunks of skins were torn off that the product "travels." So I now have my brows threaded (which is amazing by the way!). Also, you must avoid the sun. Trust me on this one too. Sunscreen is a must; even on the drive to the market, etc. SPF all the time.

When I don't honor the foregoing musts, I pay the price with red, inflamed, peeling skin that kinda' defeats the purpose!

Clearly, I still use this stuff, and it is very expensive and requires a Rx. (As for the price tag - a little goes a looong way - at least a year for me). But Renova is not without it's drawbacks. Good luck!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by softcloth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used this Rx creme for more than 8 years. It is the ONLY product that seems to actually have anti-aging properties. I am nearing 40 and constantly get compliments on my youthful skin. I believe that Renova is the reason. Wonderful product. Downer is that my Dr. has to prescribe it. A tube lasts me at 6-9 months for about $175.

I DO use it with moisturizer. Renova can be very drying. And only a couple times a week. It is way too strong for everyday use.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by jewelsmd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have been using this product for a month. Still continue to have the occasional breakout and haven't yet noticed any changes in wrinkles or hyperpigmentation but from my understanding usually takes longer . This product is definitely much gentler in regards to dryness then regular Retin A. Will continue to use and post an update.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

went to the derm for retin-a to treat acne. she gave me tons of samples ranging from renova to retin-a micro. she told me to start with the lowest dosage (renova) and work my way up to the .1% and figure out if i liked cream or gel, etc. well, i used renova every other night. the 2nd time i used it-omg-i woke up with a HUGE pimple above my upper lip and a grip of them scattered all over my hairline and temples. i have a wedding this weekend and i am freaking out! i didnt get any burning or peeling (i have pretty hardy combo/oily skin) but the breakouts are retarded. so i started googling and found out that renova is good for wrinkles ONLY and retin-a is good for acne AND wrinkles and that renova was invented for people who have dry/sensitive skin and couldnt tolerate retin-a and thats why its in a cream base and retin-a comes in a gel for oily skin people because we dont need the "moisturizing" base like the dry skinned peeps do. I read all this on dermadoctor and i was SO bummed! i wished i had found that article before i started using renova. and i wished my derm didnt tell me that "oh, they're all the same". no they are NOT! theres a reason why it comes in cream and gels bases! anyway, i gave all my renova samples to my bf who has hella dry skin and im starting the retin-a micro gel tonight. i am excited. renova has gotten great reviews for wrinkles, just not made to treat acne. i will keep checking on my bf's crows feet. if it starts going away, i will up the lippies.