April 19, 2014 | 1991 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by pammys25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing!!!!! I couldn't believe a shampoo would make this much difference. I have tried so many salon products over the last 15 yrs or so. I have naturally spiral curly red hair. No perms, no blow drying and my hair is a matted mess in the shower. I have had well water the last 7-8 yrs. I can actually run my fingers through my hair with ease in the shower and use less conditioner. I buy my husband a cheap store brand and ran out of his and he used mine (yes..MINE!). I bought his and found him using 'mine' again. I said hey- what's up I bought your shampoo and he admitted (after complaining I spent way too much for shampoo) it was a great product (this from a construction worker/biker guy!). I use it every time I wash my hair and have no problems with it being too dry or dull. The smell is great also. If they ever change this product Redken will get a tastefully nasty message!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love the light lemon scent of this shampoo, I'd probably use it daily for the scent if it wasn't a clarifying shampoo. Since it is though, I use it once a week or every other week to get the gunk and built up product out of my wavy hair. I get the softest, fluffiest curls the days I use this and I don't notice any extra dryness (perhaps a bit of extra frizz). But it's worth it, especially during the summer when I swim a lot or anytime I get chlorine in my hair from the gym pool. The smell of chlorine gives me a headache when it lingers and this has been great for eliminating it.

I was never one to buy expensive clarifying shampoo before this but my hairdresser recommended this when I was swimming in a chlorine pool regularly. The price was a bit high but since I use it so sparingly the bottle has lasted me forever. I have changed hair products, shampoos, conditioners etc while using this and it has worked with all products. When I run out I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by 1_more_mile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm trying this shampoo to see if it will help remove deposits from the hardest water ever here in Central Florida. I don't use a ton of product on my hair but I use my fair share of smoothers, heat protectants and the like. The instructions say to use this every other shampoo so that is what I'm doing. Since I only shampoo 2 or 3 times a week I have used this about 4 or 5 times. I have a giant bottle from Ulta so I think this will be worth the $$$ investment.
I have dark blonde, medium fine shoulder length hair, minimally colored via box color to hide the greys. I flat-iron once or twice a week.
I really like this gentle shampoo. Last night I washed with this with no conditioner, but I did use the Garnier Moroccon oil as a leave in (I just reviewed that one). Soft and smooth! Hair feels clean but not stripped. I have heard that the more you use Redken, the better your hair responds. That seems to hold true with the Cleansing Cream and it makes sense to me that over time, the hard water deposits will slowly dissipate. You might try this if the water in your area is hard or if you have alot of product use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by misskittycity74

This is perfect for removing build up. I have fine long hilighted hair that gets weighed down easily. I use this shampoo 2x a week to keep my hair full of volume & clean! I always follow with a deep moisturizing conditioner like Pureology Nanoworks. Adding this purifier to my routine keeps all my favorite products performing at their best! I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by livlavida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never write reviews but told myself I would write one on this product if I felt I had a good result from it. So here it is...

To start off, I'm Asian with dark brown hair. Read some reviews saying that it either worked really well in removing build-up and others saying it completely dried out their hair. For me, personally, I seem to ALWAYS get build-up at the roots no matter what I use. Cheap or expensive products, products that are supposed to be good for you, you name it. But I thought I'd give this a try since I normally use a clarifying shampoo every week or so, just had always bought the very cheap kinds like V05 or Suave.

I have to say, after using this product, my hair has never felt so shiny and hydrated in a LONG time. I used my normal deep conditioner after (Gotukla, which is high in keratin), but when I had used this deep conditioner after a regular shampoo like Nexus Therappe from Costco, my hair did NOT feel this amazing. So the difference now has to be because of the clarifying shampoo since that's the only new product I used.

My hair not only feels SO incredibly hydrated, silky, and shiny, but it also feels super healthy. Mind you, I have gone through 2 perm treatments in the last year, so my hair is quite damaged, and I wasn't finding anything that was helping it feel and look hydrated and healthy. I'm hoping since I can only use this once a week (due to the fact that it can really dry out my hair I'm sure), that my hair will continue to feel and look this great!

This product is definitely a MUST TRY if you are someone like me who has really dry, damaged hair and constant build up on the scalp and at the roots. It could do wonders to your hair like it did to mine! Good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by MissTheno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanses my hair SO WELL and leave it shining! It's kind if rough on color treated hair so I use it sparingly, maybe once a week, and follow with my water colors shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an awesome, gentle clarifying shampoo for hair that has NOT been colored/highlighted. It removes all the gunk without leaving your hair feeling stripped and tangly. I used to use it until I learned from my colorist that sodium laureth sulfate is hard on your color. So while I'd still highly recommend it, I don't use it any more myself, and I had to take off a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by cheshirecatds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I began using this 1-2 times a week when I started using sulfate-free shampoo because I noticed a lot of buildup near my roots. It works beautifully, getting rid of the heavy, greasy feeling without stripping my hair. Smell is a bit strong, but pleasant, and doesn't linger in your hair. Definitely recommend it to those in need of a clarifying shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by RoseannaDanna

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently bought a bottle of this shampoo hoping it would be of the conditioning/clarifying variety. While some of the reviews stated that it was just that, others stated that it left their hair dry and unmanageable. After washing 3 times with the shampoo I realized that my results fit under the latter category with the additional adjective: tangly. I just returned the bottle to Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by threecats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG shampoo. Clarifying but moisturizing. My hair seems to stay cleaner for a few more days when I've washed with this. And it does not strip my color (double processed hair). My hair seems softer, more manageable after I've used Redken Hair Cleansing Cream. I get the 1 liter bottle and alternate it with my next favorite, Rusk Sensories Calm.