Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 2/26/2015 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have been intending to buy this product for awhile but I prefer travel sizes so I can test it out. This specific shampoo does not come in travel size so I kept putting off buying it.

Today I got my hair cut and the lady uses this product on her clients so I was beyond stoked. Sure enough, my hair and scalp feels squeaky clean and smells great! It's nourishing for my dry, wavy hair which helps reduce frizz once it dries.

I highly recommend this for all hair types.

on 2/12/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

I love this stuff. I live in London and the hard water leaves my hair a bit flat after a while. I've also started using more product and feel my hair is looking a bit meh. A wash with this stuff and my hair is voluminous and soft. I use it probably every couple weeks (I wash my hair 2x/week normally) and the bottle has lasted me ages. Would definitely re-buy once this runs out. It smells lovely, has a nice texture, is long lasting and isn't harsh.

For reference I have v thick, medium length black wavy hair.

on 2/12/2015 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have walked right past this shampoo time and time again without even giving it a second thought. Due to cleansing cream in the name I assumed it was something along the lines of a cleansing conditioner which is something I've never had good results with. Upon learning that Hair Cleansing Cream is in fact a clarifying shampoo I still didn't give it a second thought. I never thought I needed a clarifying shampoo. My hair is long, thick, and wavy. It is also colored, heat damaged, with dry split ends. I figured clarifying shampoo would strip my hair of moisture it doesn't even have and just lead to worse damage and more frizz. I was wrong. I decided to give this cleansing cream a try after it dawned on me that maybe one of the reasons my hair was so dull looking was product build up. When I found out this shampoo is also meant to remove hard water build up I was sold. After the first use my hair was transformed! It removed build up I didn't even realize was there. My hair is bouncy, shiny, and my blowouts now last at least 3 days. Hair Cleansing Cream has a citrusy grapefruit scent that I personally am not very fond of, it doesn't smell bad by any means, just not a scent I love. It creates nice thick lather and rinses very easily. I do follow it with either a moisture mask or a protein treatment, depending on what my hair needs most at the moment. And I don't find the shampoo to be too drying. I only use it every 2 weeks or so, roughly every 5-6 shampoos, as I do think it would be way too drying on my hair to use more often. Another thing to note is that I don't notice any hair color bleeding after use, one reason I was hesitant to try it is I was afraid it would leach color from my hair. But it doesn't! If you live in an area with hard water, you NEED this shampoo. If you use lots of styling products that can build up, you NEED this shampoo. Seriously. Will I buy it again? Without a doubt!

on 1/6/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Truly the best clarifying shampoo on the market. Hair Cleansing Cream has a refreshing grapefruit scent, an incredibly rich lather, and it leaves hair bouncy and squeaky clean without stripping or harming color-treated hair. Depending on your hair regimen and type, this can be used daily, weekly, or even less - whenever your hair needs a thorough cleaning. I love using this before protein treatments; since the products I use don't build up, I use this every two to three weeks.

on 12/20/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my new favorite shampoo. I have fine straight hair cut in a chin-length bob, and I have a lot of trouble with my hair being flat and weighed down. I use this shampoo twice a week, and it gets my hair so clean that it is wonderfully bouncy afterwards. I do find that this shampoo cleans so deeply that I definitely need some conditioning afterwards. I follow this with Nexxus Therappe shampoo for a more conditioning cleansing; then I use a bit of spray-on conditioner (my favorite is Brocato Swell Volume Leave-In Volumizing Conditioner) after I get out of the shower. This shampoo smells great too. I don't think I've loved any shampoo as much as I love this one.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Sugar Cane Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexylcinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Lemon Fruit Extract, Apple Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract continued >>

on 12/10/2014 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this shampoo daily for the last 5 years and is the ONLY shampoo I can use on my fine hair that removes all impurities (we have community well water) and leaves my hair WONDERFUL and NOT itchy. All it is is a shampoo without all the heavy conditioners and heavy perfumes. Like Consumer Reports has mentioned you can't wash your clothes clean with a soap/conditioner combo. Likewise I feel the same goes with shampoo/conditioner combo. I try switching with other shampoos like B&B Sunday or Paula Beqouns shampoo and my scalp starts itching again. I follow up with Pureology Hydrate conditioner. I use no other products in my hair except perhaps Aveda Hair spray. When I come back from getting my hair cut I have to wash my hair sometimes 3 times with shampoo, this shampoo, to get rid of all the junk the beautifician put in my hair, ie., mousse and perfumes. Sometimes it takes 4 days to get rid of the perfume. Every time I get my hair cut the beautifican mentions my hair is in great conditioner, shiny, soft, despite being over 60, despite having a thyroid problem which caused the itchiness (and using a coconut conditoner that dried out my hair and exacerbated the itchiness before I knew I had a thyroid problem). I plan to use on my dogs who are having itchy skin problems and I now believe their itching may be caused by dog shampoos that do not remove impurities. this is meant for the hair cleansing cream shamppo.

on 11/22/2014 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

If I had to use just one hair product for the rest of my life, this would be it. I have always had an itchy, oily scalp that could not go a day without washing.. by the second day my scalp will start secreting sebum (sorry so gross!) and my hair will somehow be limp and oily yet dehydrated at the same time. My hair strands are very thick and straight and so it has a tendency to become rough at the ends. I've always tried to incorporate some kind of clarifying ritual into my hair including using apple cider vinegar as a rinse.. I even went all out and did the "no poo" thing for a while.. but it never really worked that well. So ever since I bought this hair cleansing cream (about a month ago now) my hair has been so HEALTHY and HAPPY! :D Yay! I can actually make it up to day 3 now and my strands are now full of volume, grease-free and shiny! Oh so shiny. I'll be repurchasing for the rest of my life. I just can't get over how detox-ed this makes my hair feel, and because it is so free of build-up/residue, my hair absorbs conditioner better. Thank you redken!

on 11/13/2014 1:15:00 PM

Love this stuff. Great clarifying shampoo for my dry, thick and coarse hair. Hair was lovely and soft with this followed by Pureology Hydrate conditioner. I didn't find it too drying or harsh -- and you only need a bit to get the job done.

on 11/2/2014 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely adore this shampoo! If you have thin, oily hair then this is most certainly for you. I only wash my hair twice a week and I'll use this every third wash. I was using Herbal Essences Naked Mint Clarifying Shampoo and while that was ok I needed something new for my freshly color treated hair. This leaves my hair soft, manageable, shiny and completely oil free which really aids in extending the amount of time I can go without washing. I always follow up any Clarifying Shampoo with a deep conditioning mask even though I have thin hair that gets weighed down easily. That's my only rule: if you have thin hair that gets oily easily only use a deep hair mask after a Clarify and NEVER after a gentle shampoo. Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream Super Treatment is a perfect follow up to this. While I paid $18 for the little bottle at my local beauty supply store I was told after my first bottle runs out that I can bring it in and get half off of my next bottle. And since I only use this shampoo after every third wash while only washing my hair twice a week this should last me a good amount of time. Will repurchase for sure!

on 10/26/2014 11:11:00 PM

This is a splendid shampoo. I use it once a week when I've been using more product in my hair than usual and it completely cleans my hair without stripping it (which is a cliché but my hair has never been softer...ever). The cost is about $15 and though it's steep, for an infrequently used shampoo which leaves me with such soft, conditioned and manageable hair, it's worth it to me.

Top Rated Redken Products