September 2, 2014 | 1430 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lime2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the most amazing hair product I've ever purchased! The scent is amazing- sort of citrus but clean smelling. After using it my hair was noticeably shinier. My hair is grossly course, but this softened it, giving it a silky touch. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by thestyleduckling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product was a miracle God-send. I moved from a place with fairly neutral water to somewhere that I couldn't even DRINK the water. At first I didn't know what was happening- the hard water took a little bit to ruin my hair. But after a month and a half I was to the point that I couldn't even wear it down anymore. I was wearing a bun or braid pretty much 24/7. I had tried oils, creams, gels, mousses- nothing was working. I just started googling the different hair symptoms I was experiencing, and discovered that hard water was the problem. I immediately started doing research because my hair is the double whammy of curls- thick and dry. I didn't want anything too stripping, but I knew it had to be intense enough to remove two months of buildup (and all the products I'd be applying to try and remedy it already)

This did the trick in one single wash. Even my boyfriend commented how much different my hair looked. The bounce, shine, and body was back, and my curls were more better than ever. It wasn't drying (although I did use a moisturizing mask afterward) I'm planning to use this once a week (I rarely shampoo my hair more than 3x a week, and it's usually only 2x a week) to keep things looking fresh. I would recommend this product to anyone who has been living with buildup for a while, because you hair WILL thank you.

Disclaimer- I tested how my hair looks when straightened yet. I can't imagine it's any worse than the straw like, dull, and frizzy mess it was before though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Kiwiblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing. Cleans perfectly without stripping all life from your hair. Leaves hair totally clean, squeaky but not dry. I use once a week or so when my hairs feels in need of a good clean. Love this paired with Redken colour extend magnetics conditioner. Have repurchased many times.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by fredrica32

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way too drying for my fine, wavy hair. It felt like straw. Used once and returned to store.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't find this shampoo to be anything special, BUT my fine, curly and rapidly graying hair is very persnickety, and so many variables go into how it looks--weather, amount of conditioner and styling products, drying method, stage of coloration--that I'm starting to think the shampoo I use is utterly irrelevant. I'm only "meh" about Hair Cleansing Cream's smell and packaging, so I won't buy again, since one of my shower goals is to be sensually delighted. However! On impulse I tried some of it to clean a round of makeup brushes and it was absolutely excellent at getting the gunk off them, and they dried soft, so for that four lippies! (It's also probably telling at what it will do for your actual hair, if not mine.)

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:24:00 AM More reviews by pammys25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing!!!!! I couldn't believe a shampoo would make this much difference. I have tried so many salon products over the last 15 yrs or so. I have naturally spiral curly red hair. No perms, no blow drying and my hair is a matted mess in the shower. I have had well water the last 7-8 yrs. I can actually run my fingers through my hair with ease in the shower and use less conditioner. I buy my husband a cheap store brand and ran out of his and he used mine (yes..MINE!). I bought his and found him using 'mine' again. I said hey- what's up I bought your shampoo and he admitted (after complaining I spent way too much for shampoo) it was a great product (this from a construction worker/biker guy!). I use it every time I wash my hair and have no problems with it being too dry or dull. The smell is great also. If they ever change this product Redken will get a tastefully nasty message!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love the light lemon scent of this shampoo, I'd probably use it daily for the scent if it wasn't a clarifying shampoo. Since it is though, I use it once a week or every other week to get the gunk and built up product out of my wavy hair. I get the softest, fluffiest curls the days I use this and I don't notice any extra dryness (perhaps a bit of extra frizz). But it's worth it, especially during the summer when I swim a lot or anytime I get chlorine in my hair from the gym pool. The smell of chlorine gives me a headache when it lingers and this has been great for eliminating it.

I was never one to buy expensive clarifying shampoo before this but my hairdresser recommended this when I was swimming in a chlorine pool regularly. The price was a bit high but since I use it so sparingly the bottle has lasted me forever. I have changed hair products, shampoos, conditioners etc while using this and it has worked with all products. When I run out I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by 1_more_mile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm trying this shampoo to see if it will help remove deposits from the hardest water ever here in Central Florida. I don't use a ton of product on my hair but I use my fair share of smoothers, heat protectants and the like. The instructions say to use this every other shampoo so that is what I'm doing. Since I only shampoo 2 or 3 times a week I have used this about 4 or 5 times. I have a giant bottle from Ulta so I think this will be worth the $$$ investment.
I have dark blonde, medium fine shoulder length hair, minimally colored via box color to hide the greys. I flat-iron once or twice a week.
I really like this gentle shampoo. Last night I washed with this with no conditioner, but I did use the Garnier Moroccon oil as a leave in (I just reviewed that one). Soft and smooth! Hair feels clean but not stripped. I have heard that the more you use Redken, the better your hair responds. That seems to hold true with the Cleansing Cream and it makes sense to me that over time, the hard water deposits will slowly dissipate. You might try this if the water in your area is hard or if you have alot of product use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by misskittycity74

This is perfect for removing build up. I have fine long hilighted hair that gets weighed down easily. I use this shampoo 2x a week to keep my hair full of volume & clean! I always follow with a deep moisturizing conditioner like Pureology Nanoworks. Adding this purifier to my routine keeps all my favorite products performing at their best! I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by livlavida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never write reviews but told myself I would write one on this product if I felt I had a good result from it. So here it is...

To start off, I'm Asian with dark brown hair. Read some reviews saying that it either worked really well in removing build-up and others saying it completely dried out their hair. For me, personally, I seem to ALWAYS get build-up at the roots no matter what I use. Cheap or expensive products, products that are supposed to be good for you, you name it. But I thought I'd give this a try since I normally use a clarifying shampoo every week or so, just had always bought the very cheap kinds like V05 or Suave.

I have to say, after using this product, my hair has never felt so shiny and hydrated in a LONG time. I used my normal deep conditioner after (Gotukla, which is high in keratin), but when I had used this deep conditioner after a regular shampoo like Nexus Therappe from Costco, my hair did NOT feel this amazing. So the difference now has to be because of the clarifying shampoo since that's the only new product I used.

My hair not only feels SO incredibly hydrated, silky, and shiny, but it also feels super healthy. Mind you, I have gone through 2 perm treatments in the last year, so my hair is quite damaged, and I wasn't finding anything that was helping it feel and look hydrated and healthy. I'm hoping since I can only use this once a week (due to the fact that it can really dry out my hair I'm sure), that my hair will continue to feel and look this great!

This product is definitely a MUST TRY if you are someone like me who has really dry, damaged hair and constant build up on the scalp and at the roots. It could do wonders to your hair like it did to mine! Good luck.