August 21, 2014 | 960 users online

Bronzers - Dr. Hauschka - Translucent Bronze Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by londonlime

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stunning stuff. I get compliments on my glow when I wear it. Because of the size of the bottle and the expiry (it's not packed with nasties so it expires quicker than other stuff), I feel justified to use it all the time. I'm half Indian half white so I go pretty sallow in the winter and I love using this to offset that.

I mix it with my Green People facecream and it goes on beautifully. You notice a slight (and gorgeous) smell but other than that, no difference to the feel of the cream.

I find it evens out the tone of the skin, so blemishes are less obvious and oddly the skin feels softer too (not sure how this can be true but it does feel like that!).

Very expensive to buy but totally worth it. I've stopped bothering with foundations etc. now, not that I was ever a big makeup user, and having a skin which changes colour radically with the sun isn't a good basis for having minimal amounts of makeup product on hand (and shades!).

it's fun to play with using more or less.

I read a lot of the reviews on here before I got it, and I was super impressed with the reviewer who said that their african-american boyfriend used it every day!

I'm in the UK and Dr Hauschka sent a sample of it for me to try out which was excellent (certainly wasn't going to pay that much to try something!) and it left me totally convinced.

The bottle is a bit annoying although I understand how they have to keep the rest uncontaminated but surely there must be a better dispenser out there? All the stuff I've had with these gold topped dispenser bottles have been leaky. The lock is pretty effective though.

Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lashandbrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A little goes a LONG WAY.

I use this to cancel out the pasty look my sunscreen gives me.

Step 1: Apply zinc oxide sunscreen.
Step 2: Dab a few spots of this on (like you would foundation) and then blend with the beauty blender sponge.

Result: glowing skin (not white, not orange).

Also can be used as a bronzer (like the label says).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by ultravee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I will start by saying that I'm not a bronzer person. I have never found a bronzer that looks good on me. I remember a lady at the Guerlain counter once tried to convince me otherwise and literally forced me into trying one of their bronzer but the effect was so bad that even she had to admit it and told me to just stay out of it.
Until I have found this. What the secret behind this product is, I can't tell. Maybe it's because it has no shimmer at all or maybe because it's so sheer and of just the perfect color it looks like a real, natural, healthy tan.
What is even better about it are numerous ways it can be used. You can use it alone, all over face for a subtle tan or you can apply it below or on the boney structures to contour.
It can be mixed with a moisturizer or - and this is my favorite feature - it can be easily mixed with a foundation either for a tanned look or to transform your lighter winter foundation into a darker summer one! It blends in beautifully with a foundation, especially the water based ones. I believe (I haven't tried this yet) you can also mix it into the physical sunblock to reduce the white cast it usually leaves.
It doesn't clog pores, evens out skin tone, neutralizes redness, doesn't dry out the skin and even hydrates a little.
It's a thick liquid packed in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser (I have no trouble getting out the amount of the product I want, you just need a little practice and I always wipe the pump with a tissue after I've used it to avoid clogging it - yes, this works!). It looks really dark and bad in the bottle but transforms into a sheer tint when applied.
I believe it's a product that just about anyone can make work for oneself.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like other reviewers stated this is a very thin liquid bronzer with no shimmer that's meant to be used mixed with a lotion. It comes in a pump dispenser that dispenses way too much product and I don't think I would have bought this if I hadn't spotted it online for under $20 since the regular rate is upwards of $30. I love that it's good for your skin and it's much more subtle than others I've used. This gives a more naturaly tanned look without any orange tint or sparkles but I prefer to use a half pump with a physical sunscreen as opposed to moisturizer. When I use this with a moisturizer it's a bit too sheer and seems to emphasize any redness in my skin but with sunscreen it's a very pretty sunkissed color that lets me skip foundation and just use some concealer under my eyes. I'm not sure if I'd pay full price for this but I would repurchase if I could find it at a discounted rate again since it's less expensive than the Bronze Goddess bronzer I've been using to tint my sunscreen and skip the hassles of foundation matching.
*Update* 5/17
I've been using this every day now that the weather is warming up and the rest of me is getting more color than my face. It's easy to add to my sunscreen for as little or as much color as I want and it's perfect for daytime since it has no sparkle. The pump can still be a little hard to control but I could have gotten an oddball. This has never caused me to break out but I don't wear it alone either. Even though I find the price a bit much I'm getting ready to order a second bottle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by PrincessVela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a must-have for when I am between foundation shades! I use it to darken my lighter foundation. It's pretty watery but pigmented, and absorbs well into skin. I've been using it on and off for 3 months, and am halfway through the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by tracygray

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Didn't want to shell out the bucks and had been using Cargos Multi Mix Bronzer which is discontinued:( Dr. H is not as concentrated as I had hoped and have to use a lot more than I'd like. I have used up a half a bottle in about 4 weeks. Also it does not blend with my zinc based SPF (Luzerns)as well as Cargos. A little streaky. I like to use silicone, synthetic fragrance and paraben free skin products.Next up is Omorovicza Sunkiss SPF 15 mucho $$$

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by cahall2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to like this, I really did. But it just didn't work well for me. I have medium toned skin, and no matter how I worked with this (and I'm pretty good at working with products) it just looked bad. I'm not sure how, but it managed to be both too muddy and too red at the same time.

I have combo/dry skin, and I tried this blended with a moisturizer, with a sunscreen, and just a little bit on its own, dabbed on with a stippling brush. I tried it just on the high points of the face, I tried it as a contour, and I tried it all over. Nothing looked good. It either disappeared completely or it looked ruddy/muddy (again, not sure how that happened)

I have ended up using it on my legs, but like the other reviewer mentioned - this is pretty expensive for using on the legs :) For the price, I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by drawingscars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'm supposing this works better on those who aren't ultrasuper pale..
I can make it work, but have to blend it in a lot and also on my chest/neck to not be apparent.
I do like using it when I want to look a bit more golden.
I also love the scent.
I have found it looks great on my legs :) (it's kinda pricey for legs, though!)
Overall, for the price, I guess it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit 2: i just wanted to put up a comparison, as someone below had said that Bonne bell bronze gel is an equivalent product, for less money--i own that one too.
The bonne bell comes in several colours, the Hauschka only has 1 shade.
Comparing to Golden Tan by Bonne bell, the Dr. H one is
1. less reddish (looks more natural) 2. spreads better 3. has a strong herbal scent. 4. Nice dewy sheen (bonne bell looks normal, like your skin texture)
The Bonne bell one makes me look a bit sunburnt, the Hauschka one has more of a caramel tone. The Bonne bell one doesn't expire so soon as the Dr H one.
They both look natural, i would prefer the Bonne bell one only as a blush/bronzer, and the Hauschka one as an all-over tint as well, or to mix into moisturizer/foundation. The Hauschka one wins for me by a slight margin. They are both great products.
...

Edit- got 2 compliments on my skin 2day, one of them from my brother, who didn't notice when i had put pink streakS in my hair! He said i looked 'rosy' and my skin looked smooth, i put it down to this! It imparts a very natural bronzed colour with a sheen, no shimmer or anything. It looks so very pretty, and makes my skin feel soft. Packaging is terrible, price exorbitant, and there IS a relatively quick expiry date. This looks very pretty mixed into sunscreen, or moisturizer, like a Greek tan look (jennifer aniston). I also love it mixed with a serum (e.g EL ANR) and used all over, and powder on top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know, I know, I should just embrace my pale, I know.... Which I do for 9 months out of 12. But for 3 months during the summer, having a tan makes me happy. It makes me feel youthful, breezy and effortless. So does a girl have a cake and eat it too? By using Dr. Hauschka's Bronze Concentrate. I mix this with my SS of choice (using the correct 1/4 tsp + a couple of squirts) to cut the pastiness caused by the SS. This allows me go without foundation, using only a concealer on blemishes etc. For someone with blotchy skin and hyper pigmentation, this is a true miracle. And in the sweaty summertime, anything that allows me to cut a couple of layers out of my makeup routine is worth its weight in gold.

Yes the initial outlay makes this seem expensive, but it will certainly last longer than other bronzers and self tanners due to its highly concentrated state.

One gripe - the packaging. I wish it were more travel friendly. Recently I decanted into a clean Josie Maran travel size SPF 40 bottle - much better! Its not even full but am sure it will last me an entire summer. I haven't had to repurchase for 2 years now but I certainly will when I run out.

NB: my BFs who is African American uses this religiously with his SSs to cut that pasty look that is even more pronounced on his complexion than on mine. He doesn't look like he's wearing anything when he does this. Which is everyday!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No