July 28, 2014 | 2058 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Kphx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first time trying a philosophy cleanser and I was really excited to try this out but it made me breakout !! I don't break out EVER it was very creamy had a good smell Nd everything but broke my heart I'm glad this works for a lot of people I wish it would of worked on me I'm going to stick with my enzyme cleansers by DermaMD idk why I strayed away ....at least the bottle is pretty and will look cute on my bathroom counter !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Mryberry

I have been using this product for 3+ years now so I feel like I can offer up a decent review here. Bottom line, this cleanser is amazing for an everyday face wash. I use it morning and night- it's great with a clarisonic as well. Plus it will last you a VERY long time. I buy one every year at Christmas time when it's on sale (24oz). I do have a few cons though. One being it doesn't remove makeup incredibly well. I wash my face and still go over with Bioderma when I have a lot of makeup on. And secondly, of course, the price. This soap is very overpriced considering how "simple" it claims to be. You're paying for the brand. I say get a sample before you purchase, as with most products anyways. But I recommend it as it's a high quality, fresh, everyday face wash for most skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Cheer15star

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the small 10 dollar bottle of the cleanser and i Love it. I have been using it for 2 weeks now. I have oily and problem (acne) skin. This product even out my skin tone and gave my skin a soft and firm feeling to my face. I gave it a 4/5 because i still get one or two pimples. Overall it is a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by jessgeyser

I was give a sample of this cleanser and was really excited as I had never tried Philosophy products before and had always wanted to and I had heard great things and had very high hopes for the cleanser. After years of using very cheap cleanser such as Avon I decided it was time to up my skin care routine and this was my starting point I used this cleanser for 2 weeks and I NEVER have pimples!!!!!!!!! This cleanser broke me out like crazy I had tiny under the skin, rash like reaction on my forehead and under my eyes and I was honestly so disappointed and sad I have never been embarrassed about my skin before up until now and my heart honestly goes out to acne sufferers. Overall the product packaging was great the cleanser had a creamy texture the smell was honestly very plastically and not like anything i had used on my face before, the cleanser after using didnt make my face feel clean like others rather very sticky.

I would not repurchase this product or recommend it to anyone ever and have heard from many of my friends that work at cosmetic stores that alot of people return it for the same problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by aliciamay310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this facial cleanser. I use it to wash my face and also take off my eye makeup, and it does not irritate my eyes. It has a very clean and light smell that I love. My face easily breaks out and my skin has cleared up since I've been using this. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Initially, I was really impressed with this facial cleanser. It cleans without making my face feel dry or tight/striped feeling. Now, throw makeup removal into the mix and it just didn't cut it. It didn't take off my eye makeup, which wasn't even waterproof. I'm not going to buy eye remover or makeup wipes when I can get a cleanser that will do that.

Texture: Creamy, gel-like consistency. A little bit goes a long way, so I can see this product lasting a long time.

Scent: Fresh smell. Pleasant. Not overpowering.

Packaging: The packaging looks cute but a pump would be much more convenient.

Effects: Not drying but I would feel oily by the end of the day, no makeup. If I wore makeup, I'd feel oily/greasy after a few hours. More so than normal.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again and probably going to give this away to someone interested in trying it. This didn't improve my skin in any noticeable way.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Productjunky123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. What attracted me to it was the bottle, it looked very clean and simple. But my face did not like it at ALL! I'm usually oily but not as oily as this face wash has made me, it literally looked like I dipped my face in baby oil throughout the day. Also I only break out with a few bumps on my check during my period and I kid you not my face looks like a teenage boy. I'm broken out everywhere on my face, not just small pimples but huge bumps right beside each other all over my face. I am embarrassed to even go around people I know because I've never been broken out this bad. Save your money. I've already switched back to my Cetaphil cleanser for acne prone skin with no oil. And I also noticed in the ingredients for purity they have several different oils in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by annap888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although I absolutely love this product, it is extremely pricey! I cannot see myself repurchasing this as soon as it runs out. Possibly later on when I start to miss it.

The texture is perfect, very creamy. The scent reminds me of something medicinal but I do not mind that at all. I would rather that than something fruity or too perfumed.

Overall I will repurchase once I start to miss it - but not without hesitation, the price is ridiculous for a cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This used to be my HG until eventually my skin just didn't feel good anymore after using it. So I went online to check reviews and found out that it has some bad ingredients which is really unfortunate. This worked really well at removing my Revlon Colorstay foundation but it definitely dried my skin.

I use Purpose Gentle Cleansing wash now and it's so much better and way more affordable. Definitely not going to repurchase this Philosophy facewash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I bought this, hoping for a 1 step face cleaning and waterproof mascara removing product. Yes, it cleaned my face, but it left a lot of mascara behind on my lashes. I even did it a second time, and let it set for about a minute or so before wiping it away and my lashes still had mascara on them. It's a fine basic cleanser, however I still need a good eye makeup remover to remove my mascara and this is too expensive for it not to live up to the hype and my expectations. It didn't break me out, so there is at least that.