Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 8/29/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have really oily skin so have struggled for years to find a good cleansing routine which doesn't add to my problem skin and cause me to break out. Until I came across this!! The cleanser is just brilliant, in all honesty it's not the best smelling product I've ever used but I don't really mind, it suggests to me that they've concentrated more on the actual product rather than making it smell like a bunch of flowers. This cleanser is recommended for all skin types which I usually steer clear of but it works perfectly for me. I use it every morning and every evening without fail. It leaves me feeling squeaky clean without over drying my skin which many other cleansers tend to do. It keeps my skin calm and the results show each morning when I wake up with a normal amount of shine to my face instead of the usual. Beautiful product. I use along with the philosophy micro delivery every day exfoliator, also an amazing product but il leave that one for another review! These two together are the dream team!

on 8/28/2015 8:45:00 AM

I really enjoy this cleanser, its so gentle and simple which is lovely for my acne prone skin. it doesn't feel like its stripping any on my skins natural oils. I feel like it cleans my skin really well, and gets rid of any left over makeup

on 8/27/2015 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

No matter how much I rinse and rub with a washcloth, there is still a greasy residue left. It seems to remove makeup pretty well, but I can't stand that less than clean feeling. I gave it a fair try over the course of a week.
I only bought a 2 oz. size and am glad for doing that. Off to a thrift shop it goes.

on 8/21/2015 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have been using this product for over 5 years and love it for makeup removal. I usually cleanse my face afterwards but really wouldn't need to if I was in a hurry. It removes my non waterproof eye makeup completely. It smells great, which is high on my priority list, not greasy and rinses off with water. If you're not sure about Purity Made Simple, you can buy a 2oz. travel size bottle to try it out. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Bearing in mind I've only used this cleanser for 2 days I do think that it's okay for what you get. It smells like lemons/limes and cleaning products however I like that smell. It does foam up slightly but only when you mix it with water and I have dehydrated/combination skin. This seems okay however I'm not sure over time if I keep using it that it might dry out my skin I would say if you're dry and dehydrated avoid this due to the fact that it's not hydrating enough however I think it's a great cleanser for people with sensitive skin types

on 8/13/2015 6:26:00 AM

Oh, Philosophy. I want to love this cleanser. It removes most makeup, oil and dirt. But bought specifically thinking it was paraben-free, but it's not!

on 8/7/2015 5:36:00 PM

I like this cleanser it removes all the makeup that builds up after a long hot day really good.

on 8/3/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for one and a half years. Back in the days before i discover this cleanser, my skin from combination skin has turned into sensitive skin because tryout the wrong brand product which started with "O_ _ G _ N". After that couldn't find any product at all to saving my skin, by that time i was using OATS to clean my face about 2 months only found this Philosophy cleanser that has totally made my skin feels so comfortable and recovered from sensitive skin to combination skin again.

The amount of this cleanser could be use for 4 to 5 months, so that i think the price is worth for it! Would love love love to continue this cleanser again and again!

on 8/3/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

When I first started using this, i fell in love with it. I'm not sure if my skin has adjusted to it or what, but i'm not as in love with it as i first was. I use it with my fovea luna mini and i get a nice lather. It's a nice cleanser and will remove your makeup, but to completely get it off, you might have to double cleanse.

It feels nice on the skin though and is definitely one of the better cleansers/makeup removers i have tried.

this comes in many different sizes which is nice if you want to buy the mini size just to try it out.

on 7/29/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After many years of sensitive, acne prone skin, I started using this (21 years old). I got it for a good price at Ulta in a pack with a moisturizer ($40) Light scent and it isn't medicated, which has actually HELPED my acne prone skin. I had been too harsh on it in the past and started using this and my skin is softer and not as acne prone (diet would change that, but its so hard to give up coke!!) Would recommend!!