Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 8/3/2015 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for one and a half years. Back in the days before i discover this cleanser, my skin from combination skin has turned into sensitive skin because tryout the wrong brand product which started with "O_ _ G _ N". After that couldn't find any product at all to saving my skin, by that time i was using OATS to clean my face about 2 months only found this Philosophy cleanser that has totally made my skin feels so comfortable and recovered from sensitive skin to combination skin again.

The amount of this cleanser could be use for 4 to 5 months, so that i think the price is worth for it! Would love love love to continue this cleanser again and again!

on 8/3/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

When I first started using this, i fell in love with it. I'm not sure if my skin has adjusted to it or what, but i'm not as in love with it as i first was. I use it with my fovea luna mini and i get a nice lather. It's a nice cleanser and will remove your makeup, but to completely get it off, you might have to double cleanse.

It feels nice on the skin though and is definitely one of the better cleansers/makeup removers i have tried.

this comes in many different sizes which is nice if you want to buy the mini size just to try it out.

on 7/29/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After many years of sensitive, acne prone skin, I started using this (21 years old). I got it for a good price at Ulta in a pack with a moisturizer ($40) Light scent and it isn't medicated, which has actually HELPED my acne prone skin. I had been too harsh on it in the past and started using this and my skin is softer and not as acne prone (diet would change that, but its so hard to give up coke!!) Would recommend!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This cleanser is not bad, but it's not for my skin, I have dry combo and I found this a bit drying all over my face, not just the dry parts. Also its not a good makeup remover I don't wear a ton of makeup but I do wear foundation, sunscreen powder and mascara and liner, it didn't remove my liner alone I had to use my go to abolene, I also felt this made the clogged pores around my mouth corners and chin worst. Its ok if you have a bit more oily skin. but even in summer a bit to drying for me.

on 7/29/2015 10:00:00 AM

Price is steep but thought it is good so i dont mind the price at first.. this cleanser does not suit my rosacea sensitive skin..the first time i wash with this cleanser it felt ok..smell is a bit strong..after i use it for a few days..my face start to itch..then i realize the cleanser contains alot of harsh chemical for sensitive skin..dont recommend for sensitive skin..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

i feel if you have oily skin this is great but i have normal to dry and i felt it dried out my skin and caused it to itch.

on 7/5/2015 3:13:00 AM

Great cleanser for my combo skin. Yes, it cleans my face gently...though I'm leaving one star off (only want to do 1/2) because I still have to use eye makeup remover for waterproof mascara. I still love this product because it does clean thoroughly yet doesn't dry my skin! After more than four years of use, I'm buying the largest bottle now, which lasts months and makes this product affordable. Love the soft scent. And, yes, works great with a Clarisonic brush.

on 7/4/2015 3:43:00 PM

I'm so/so with this cleanser.. I mean I like it for lazy days but other than that I wouldn't say this is my HG cleanser. I got this as a gift and started using it for 2-3 months (morning and night) to see how I liked it. At night I wash my face twice with this to ensure I've taken all my make up off even though I don't wear much, just want to make sure nothing is left behind so I can start putting my other night care stuff on. It says its a 3-in-1 product: this I do agree as it cleans well, tones and of course removes make up but you must clean your face twice for that to work I can't see how this would work for one wash - it's too gentle. For reference I have oily skin, and I still had to use a scrub of course 3x/week in conjunction with this.

Other products I want to try from this line: Gel moisturizer (take a deep breathe?), serum (no reason to hide) and the exfoliating wash (micro-delivery something)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ive gotten this product as a gift and I've used it almost everyday for a year as a face cleanser and makeup remover.

I scrub for 40-60 seconds before rinsing and it leaves my skin looking fresh. Although it claims to be a makeup remover it does not remove all of my Maybelline waterproof mascara. I always have little bits of product left on my lashes. It does however remove my eyeshadow that's partnered with Urban Decay's primer potion.

All in all it's an okay cleanser. I feel like it could do more for the price you pay though. I'll probably find something cheaper that can do just as much or more when I'm done with my current bottle.

on 6/13/2015 1:22:00 AM

This is a fantastic, holy grail product. It's a great value as it has a dual function-makeup remover and cleanser (it removes even stubborn eye makeup effectively, but it's very gentle overall) and one bottle lasts about 8-9 months. I have oily, acne prone skin and this doesn't break me out at all. There is a slight vanilla scent.