Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 8/23/2015 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Unlike the majority of the reviews I really like this mascara. I received a sample size in 01 black and have used the entire tube. Unfortunately I put in my review I would not repurchase because this brand is not cruelty free. What I love about this mascara is that it does not clump when applied, I only need 2 coats and what sells me on this mascara is it holds a curl. I have to curl my Asian lashes after applying mascara (I know, I know this isn't the proper way) and this is one of the few mascaras that will stay curled for 10 hours and the curl is very strong. If this brand became cruelty free I would definitely stock up on this mascara.

on 7/23/2015 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I had no idea what I was getting. I went at the clinique counter, told the lady I want a mascara she shaw that I was young and gave me whatever she thought suitable. I didn't do any research beforehand, which rarely ever happens but yeah, I had no expectations whatsoever for this mascara

I've had it for over a year now, I just leave it in my makeup bag and only reach for it when I want a more natural look.
My eyelashes are long and kinda curled naturally so I don't need lenght but volume and this mascara only does basic things. Nothing overly dramatic or too noticable it makes the "It's there, but it isn't" look.
It's just a good simple mascara to have around for those days that you don't need much or you don't feel like putting on a lot of makeup.
I don't know if I would repurchase tho. It's good to have around but there're definitely better options at this price point.

*I sould also mention that if you try to apply more than two coats it makes the lashes look heavy and it flakes so be carefull with the ammount that you use

on 7/18/2015 12:56:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Very flakey. It makes lashes stiff too. I like it for a quick makeup session but otherwise it just sits in my stash. Nahh

This is not a good mascara for stick-straight, hard-to-curl lashes. Once I curled my lashes and applied this, my lashes instantly fell back down. After a couple of months, the mascara dried a bit and it worked better to hold a curl and separate the lashes, but I don't want to wait for a mascara to dry out before I use it.

PROs:
-Nice full brush
-No strong fragrance
-Lengthens

CONs:
-Does not hold a curl
-Flakes off throughout the day

on 7/17/2015 3:11:00 PM

I've tried countless other mascaras over the years, but I always come back to Clinique's High Impact. This is a classic, and for good reason. This gives my lashes fullness and length, and doesn't flake or fade all day. At the end of the day, it comes off easily with makeup remover or just regular old face wash. I don't think I'll stray from High Impact again!

on 7/7/2015 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Not a bad mascara, but 'high impact' it is not. It doesn't build up much volume, it lengthens only slightly, and doesn't separate lashes to the extent that they look fluffy. 1-2 coats is the sweet spot, beyond that it gets clumpy. Given all this I find it mediocre for the price point. The colour is a lighter black but I find it well suited to day looks when I don't want much drama. A good option to darken and lightly define bottom lashes, because even though it's not waterproof, it's not runny or smudgy (on my dryer skin).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite mascaras.
I have naturally long eye lashes and extreme mascaras make me look like somewhat of a clown.
This is a mascara that doesn't clamp lashes together, so it gives a really natural look, easy to remove but also long lasting.

I have repurchased this twice already.

on 7/2/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

One of my very first high end purchases was the Clinique High Impact mascara. I've always had sensitive eyes, but more so when I started to wear contacts. As such, the first time I went to Sephora, this was a recommended brand for me. After reading several reviews, I decided to go ahead and get this.

Since then, I'm currently on my third tube. Although it is pricey for something that you should really only be using for 3 months, I like this mascara for several reasons:

1. It comes in a black/brown variety. I have ash blonde/very light brunette hair, so black looks really out of place and stark on my lashes. Wearing more of a brown color helps reduce the harshness and look more "natural."

2. It does not upset my sensitive diva eyes. I have worn this through tearing up, and while I normally do not purchase the waterproof, if I do, it doesn't make my eyes burn or tear even further.

3. I already have fairly long lashes. What I really need is something that adds some volume. This does an OK job. It doesn't really blow me out of the water like the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes does as far as anything else goes, but it gets the job done and looks good enough for every day and professional settings.

As far as other properties go: I don't have an issue with it holding a curl. Separating is OK, when it starts to dry out or get older and it starts to clump my lashes, that's when I throw it away. As far as building, it does a pretty solid job. I don't really have issues with clumping with this formula, but that's only when it's fresh.

Overall, if you're looking for a good, solid every day mascara, look no further, particularly if you already have long lashes.

Pros:

- Available in black and black/brown
- Good for sensitive eyes
- Adds some volume
- Clumps only when dried out
- Builds well

Cons:

- Does not add length
- Only holds curl and separates OK
- Does clump when dry
- Middle-end pricing at $16.50 for something that should last 3 months and unavailable in travel size

on 6/23/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Totally average. Did nothing to lengthen my lashes. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product was really average. It didn't do anything spectacular for my lashes, especially given the price, and there are plenty of other cheaper drug store mascaras that are definitely 10 ties better than this one. I found the formulation to be quite wet, therefore messy, and gets all over my lid or the underneath of my eye.