July 28, 2014 | 958 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - BIG

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by supjess

Staff at Lush gave me a trial of this shampoo the other day, and so far, I love it. My hair is short and very fine, and tends to get oily quickly.

This feels super nice going on -- I grab a dollop and smoosh it in my hands to get the lather started before putting it on my head. It doesn't lather much on my hands, but on my head it's suddenly an explosion of suds! The salt gives a good scrub and the shampoo has a great fresh scent.

When I condition after shampooing, my hair feels bouncy and really healthy, and has a really nice shine! My hair is naturally very straight anyway, but with this combo it looked as if it had been straightened -- shiny and smooth.

(Without conditioner it had more oomph but less shine. I didn't really have any trouble detangling, even with fine hair, but I can imagine for those with longer hair it could be trickier.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by jennarae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my holy grail shampoo for over a year. I recently ran out and within a week my hair lost the shine and volume I had become accustomed to! I will always have a back up from now on.

Pros
-Enjoyable, mild scent
-Great lather
-Gentle (which is surprising giving the rough texture of the salt)
-Build up free
-Increases shine and volume
-Hair looks healthy after using
-A little goes a long way (a jar usually lasts me 2-3 months)

Cons
-The cost-- it is expensive but worth it

Bottom line
-This is the best shampoo I have ever used. I finally found my holy grail.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUp19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was a shampoo i was highly skeptical about. It has salt in it so I expected it to dry my hair out, but it did just the opposite! I scoop a little out in my hands, a little less than a quarter, then rub it between my hands before rubbing it into my hair. This helps the little bit go a long way! Also, try to wash from the back of your head to the front, it helps add volume! This has oils in it that actually help detangle my hair and really make it shine. Plus it smells amazing! It's a bright, slightly citrusy scent. Definitely worth a try! This is mainly my summer shampoo, I think the salt helps hair curl and give that beachy wave.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this shampoo! I have a very dry scalp and the coarse sea salt in the shampoo seems to be exfoliating away all the dryness! Delighted! The tub packaging is a bit fiddly but I don't mind it at all as I do think it looks very cool. Lovely fresh scent, kind of like fresh washing or something! Definitely leaves the hair a bit knotty afterwards but nothing a good tangle teaser can't sort out. Extremely clarifying shampoo, just makes you feel so cleansed afterwards and no weird residue that some normal shampoos leave behind!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

I <3 this . Lush hair products in general are one of my newest obsessions. I wouldn't say this can turn hair into "Texas Hair", however, it does give a bit of bounce. The price is crazy but it does a great job so I may eventually repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 8:07:00 AM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really hoping for more after reading the reviews. I can't remember the exact price of this stuff, but I remember it being STEEP. The concept is fun and I like using the shampoo in the shower and how it suds up (guaranteed suds if you use a quarter dollop or more). but the result is always 'meh' for me. I certainly get no added volume and I only have OK hair days when using this. Wish it had performed better, especially for the price. I have a few items from LUSH that I adore, but for the most part I feel as if LUSH products are just overpriced hype. ;-( Oh, I will add that the LUSH "New Hair" shampoo bar (red colored and cinnamon) is one of my favs, even with the high price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by tamn8r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited about this shampoo having read reviews. I have curly hair that I like to have volume in, rather than it falling flat by the end of the day.

I like the idea of this shampoo with the salt. I like the smell. Unfortunately I didn't notice any real difference in my hair apart from wispy, dry fly aways.

I might continue to use the container every so often to get rid of any product in my hair like a cleanser. But it's definitely not the product I thought it was :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by viaustria

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Lush products and was hoping to find a shampoo that would help with my dry scalp. I randomly picked up the 'BIG' sample shampoo and instantly loved the smell. BIG smells like clean laundry...almost like the scent 'clean cotton' from Bath and Body Works. An employee recommended I go with another product because BIG claims to give your hair volume rather than moisturizing your scalp. I was hooked on the smell of BIG and asked if it would help with my problem. The employee said that it could help since it would exfoliate my scalp to stimulate the natural oils.

I've used this shampoo a handful of times and it's 'okay'. I wish the packaging was better (it comes in a small tub with a cover) and the shampoo is pricey ($26). I did have more volume in my hair, my scalp felt refreshed, and the smell of my hair wasn't overwhelming, but the texture of my hair felt different (not as soft). I used this shampoo 3 days in a row one week and noticed that my scalp became drier. The Lush employee informed me that I wouldn't need to use much of the product. My hair is medium length/thick and I found myself using a good amount. Perhaps I needed to work it into my hair more...

Overall, I give BIG shampoo a 2 out of 5. It smells great, but I wasn't very impressed with the results. It probably works well on others (like my cousin who has thinner hair; she loves it and gets great volume), but it didn't work out in my favor. I still love Lush products though!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

I loooove this shampoo. The pros? leaves your hair with a squeaky clean feeling, doesn't have a strong scent to it, lathers very well so a little goes a long way and my hair actually lasts longer clean. The cons? the price and the packaging.
Warning! DO NOT USE THIS ON AN EVERYDAY BASIS AND DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE DRY HAIR.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by luvdempretties

Love the 'BIG' shampoo by Lush.... I have fine straight long hair & this product is perfect for me. The smell is amazing & it lathers really well. Only recently discovered this product & it is my absolute favourite shampoo.. my husband loves it too.. 10/10 for me!!