Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 3/15/2015 5:01:00 AM

Tried this product as I ran out of my normal cleanser. It is excellent. No more drying than any other foaming/detergent cleanser. It does not contain any SLS. I have super sensitive skin and nearly every cleanser causes redness on me. I would highly recommend.

on 3/10/2015 1:48:00 PM

I hated this product! I received it as a gift when I purchased the Moisture Surge Intense Sleeping Mask ( I would definitely recommend this). I have never used any of Clinique's cleansers, so I was excited to try this out. It made my skin feel so dry and leathery. I would recommend this product for people with more oily skin.

The only good thing I would say about this product is that it is rather cheap and a little goes a long way. You really only need a nickel sized dollop to cover your whole face.

on 3/4/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I hated this the first time I tried it, it left my skin too dry and I broke out a bit. But being the cheap person I am, I decided I would finish the container no matter what. And to my surprise..... It grew on me. It still dried me out and I have to use a good moisturizer after, but I stopped breaking out after about a week and a half completely. I do like the lathering power of this cleanser as well as how clean my face feels after. I definitely will repurchase this again.

on 1/27/2015 9:11:00 AM

i got a sample of this and liked it so much i bought the regular size when my sample ran out. I love that it removes my makeup (revlon colorstay) easily.. it also removes my waterproof eye makeup well. i get teary eyed easily (allergies and laughing also makes me tear up) so i cant wear washable mascaras. unfortunately, i have thin and sparse lashes. sometimes, if i rub my lashes while trying to remove mascara, my lashes fall off ;(. but not since i started using this. it weakens the mascara enough that if i use eye makeup remover, it comes off very easily. no complaints here. since i started using this, my lashes are no longer so sparse coz i havent been pulling them out during makeup removal. admittedly, my makeup removal is 3 step. i wash with this to remove makeup, use a cotton pad to remove whats left of the mascara, then wash with neutrogena foamy wash, then tone. this system does not break me out.

on 1/27/2015 8:31:00 AM

I have combination skin with an awful T-Zone especially my chin. However, my problem was blackheads on my cheeks. I wear Estee Lauder Daywear or Coppertone 30 or 45 SPF sunscreens every day without fail. This has reduced my instances of blackheads and it does strip the surface oil from my T-zone. It's very light, but efficient and drying.

I cannot imagine what in the world people have been doing with this. Putting it on dry skin and wiping off? How is it leaving skin waxy or oily? It's a cleanser, a wash. I have to suspect some reviews are referring to a different product or they're doing god-knows-what with this product.

A dime size in the hand or on the Clarisonic and some water and it's foaming like...I don't know...SOAP?!

At what point do you stop telling people you can't get SOAP IN YOUR EYES and just let them burn?

on 12/6/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I have purchased this product several times.

I would not classify this as a cleanser as it does NOT cleanse your skin. It is a makeup remover and is intended to be followed up with a cleanser. For those reviewing that it does not clean your skin - it's not supposed to. It's supposed to remove your makeup, which it does. You only need an extremely small amount and therefore, a bottle lasts me at least 6-8 months.

The biggest con is that it can not be used on the eyes and therefore you have to followup with an eye makeup remover, which can be a bit of a pain, plus requires you to purchase another product (I use Neutrogena's oil free eye makeup remover).

on 11/30/2014 3:17:00 PM

This is a horrible cleanser it did nothing. It was not strong enough to take off my sunscreen not even my super light powder not even translucent powder that had a hint of color. All this did was make my sunscreen and powder ball up and stick to my face like eraser bits. It smells like chemical wax/paint. I was not better with a electric brush still the same. I even tried it to wash my face in the morning it made my face over dry squeeky tight with red patches. The consistancy is like wax and when you add water it feels like liquid wax with little to no foam. Most clinique skincare/makeup are horrible to much chemicals or irritants.

on 11/17/2014 5:58:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This was a free with purchase small tube...nowhere does it say "Do Not Get In Eyes"...well I decided to try it one night....and I suffered terribly for it...I did get it in my eyes. I thought I would go blind. The pain was excruciating for several minutes even tho I kept splashing cold water in my eyes. After that burning sensation subsided I put eye drops in for some soothing relief...I was hoping there was no damage to my eyes when I awoke the next morning.....I have been a Clinique customer since they began, and am so disappointed this particular product is on the market...

on 9/28/2014 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this product removes all traces of make up, and will leave your skin squeaky clean.
its way too drying and strips off all natural oils. I have dry skin so this doesn't work for me.
I switched to clinique take the day off balm and is a much gentler make up remover.

on 8/23/2014 3:13:00 AM

I use this product as a small cleanser to bring on trips because I love the portability of it! It does a nice job of cleaning, and it literally makes my face squeaky clean. I love using it with my olay pro x because it foams up the cleanser to it's max.