September 20, 2014 | 976 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by understatement

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff was sort of a letdown. I have HUGE pores on my T-zone, especially my nose, and for YEARS I've been trying to find that miracle that will either reduce their appearance. I know they will never go away completely, but this didn't seem to help much. Sure, it did help some of the smaller pores I had disappear on my upper cheeks, but in general it didn't do too much.

A good thing about this product is it didn't break me out and I am very sensitive and prone to acne. It also helped with oil production, but seemed to have a drying effect which I didn't like. In general, I'm still sort of on the edge with whether I would buy this again or not, and so far I probably wouldn't. It costs too much for a tiny little tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by dr4413

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. There is nothing like it! I've been using this product for years and it is like the Mr Clean eraser for the face. It makes the pores virtually disappear. I have oily skin so I don't wear foundation. ..just pore minimizer. ..and my skin looks amazing every time..i will always use this product. ...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by priyabhatt

This is my first review ever and I wrote this just to beware you of making the most terrible mistake of your life. In short this is the WORST WORST WORST thing I've ever come across. This primer or lotion whatever it is does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to your pores. It does not hide even a single pore infact it aggravates them soooooooo much like they would have never looked before. When you apply it gives a creamy consistency which applies smoothly. Then when you try to blend it with your fingers there is a whitish cast that does not go. The product just does not blend into the skin and looked like a flake of dandruff on the skin. It looks HORRIBLE.
Moreover this is extremely unhealthy for the skin. I experienced it the first time I put it off with my makeup remover. Fuck man! You have to believe me.. My face looked completely fucked up! The pores were triple the size with my blemishes increased drastically & sooooo many zits with redness. This was the worst thing I ever did to my face.
Very very very disappointed with you Clinique. Wasted 1700/- for nothing. All in trash. Im not using this disgust on my face EVER and trust me if you have a problem with pores go for something else like Estee Lauder but NOT THIS.
I know it can be expensive but there's definitely nothing more precious to us than face so please avoid such fake stuffs and go for something natural.
This contains silicone that in someway or the other shows in the pores and turns face red making your state worse.
I feel this horrible product should be banned. It is DISGUSTING.
I SO WANTED IT TO WORK BUT CLINIQUE YOU FAILED BADLY THIS TIME.
PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY FROM PUTTING IT INTO A WASTE LIKE THIS.
thankyou ❤ I hope this saves you :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Icanhelpyouwithmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to be honest, I haven't used this primer in years so when I pulled it out of my drawer to use again, it got this different funny texture, almost dry. It has a bit of color which I don't mind, but I would imagine others would. It doesnt have great staying power, which is why I use a primer. It's definitely not as good as the smashbox photo finish face primer which I love. If I'm just going to the store or something I will use this primer because it doesn't have as great as staying power as the smashbox primer. I never really use this and I don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by chickenlittle25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product makes my face even greasier by the end of the day than if I don't wear a primer at all. As an added bonus, as my makeup slides off of my increasingly oily face, the primer seems to cause the makeup to actually settle into my pores (which haven't been filled with primer, obviously) and makes them stand out even more. I can't believe I paid money for this product! I had read such great reviews in several magazines and decided to give it a try. The Clinique in my are will not give this out as a sample, which I found odd because I have never found a product they would not let me sample. Now I know why....it's just awful.

Perhaps it works for people who have large pores from having acne as teenagers, but no longer have oily skin. But as I said, this actually made my face much much oilier. Normally I have to blot around lunchtime and again around 3pm. With this product I found that I could either be extremely shiny or I could blot nearly every hour. At first I thought maybe I was putting on too much or too little primer, so I experimented with varying amounts, and even tried not wearing foundation, just powder over it, and also tried just wearing foundation without powder....with pretty much the same result every day. I tried putting it on and letting it "set" before I put anything over it. I even tried mixing it in with my foundation. I tried applying it with fingers, sponge, and a foundation brush. Nothing makes this product work for me.

On the plus side, this did not cause me to break out at all, which is one bonus that it has over pretty much every other primer I have tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Sagerina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good under makeup but it doesn't do anything but make my skin a little softer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have pretty oily skin and i had some high hopes for this stuff but it did nothing but let me down... it does not control my oil what so ever. i like the texture and don't mind the smell but my goodness this did nothing at all for me, so i wasted my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I love it! They dont sell it anymore where I live... I finished 2 tubes of it. It makes my skin smooth and fills pores as I use it before my foundation and the foundation doesnt patch around my pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

This works ok as a primer but the old formula was definitely better! Was very disappointed to buy it again only to realize it is not the same stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

THIS FORMULA HAS BEEN CHANGED!!!

I used to love this product. I am not a clinique foundation fan at all but this WAS one of their few great products. I applied it under my makeup and over my makeup. This is a small tube which is fine because I only needed a TINY amount. Make sure you remove a lot of this makeup as it will break you out of you don't. This completely used to fill up your pores and actually made me look great.

I HATE HATE HATE the new formula :( It worked SOOOO bad for me and broke me out terribly. I highly recommend not buying this new formula unless you still have the old stuff.