July 31, 2014 | 1291 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Icanhelpyouwithmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to be honest, I haven't used this primer in years so when I pulled it out of my drawer to use again, it got this different funny texture, almost dry. It has a bit of color which I don't mind, but I would imagine others would. It doesnt have great staying power, which is why I use a primer. It's definitely not as good as the smashbox photo finish face primer which I love. If I'm just going to the store or something I will use this primer because it doesn't have as great as staying power as the smashbox primer. I never really use this and I don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by chickenlittle25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product makes my face even greasier by the end of the day than if I don't wear a primer at all. As an added bonus, as my makeup slides off of my increasingly oily face, the primer seems to cause the makeup to actually settle into my pores (which haven't been filled with primer, obviously) and makes them stand out even more. I can't believe I paid money for this product! I had read such great reviews in several magazines and decided to give it a try. The Clinique in my are will not give this out as a sample, which I found odd because I have never found a product they would not let me sample. Now I know why....it's just awful.

Perhaps it works for people who have large pores from having acne as teenagers, but no longer have oily skin. But as I said, this actually made my face much much oilier. Normally I have to blot around lunchtime and again around 3pm. With this product I found that I could either be extremely shiny or I could blot nearly every hour. At first I thought maybe I was putting on too much or too little primer, so I experimented with varying amounts, and even tried not wearing foundation, just powder over it, and also tried just wearing foundation without powder....with pretty much the same result every day. I tried putting it on and letting it "set" before I put anything over it. I even tried mixing it in with my foundation. I tried applying it with fingers, sponge, and a foundation brush. Nothing makes this product work for me.

On the plus side, this did not cause me to break out at all, which is one bonus that it has over pretty much every other primer I have tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Sagerina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good under makeup but it doesn't do anything but make my skin a little softer.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have pretty oily skin and i had some high hopes for this stuff but it did nothing but let me down... it does not control my oil what so ever. i like the texture and don't mind the smell but my goodness this did nothing at all for me, so i wasted my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I love it! They dont sell it anymore where I live... I finished 2 tubes of it. It makes my skin smooth and fills pores as I use it before my foundation and the foundation doesnt patch around my pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

This works ok as a primer but the old formula was definitely better! Was very disappointed to buy it again only to realize it is not the same stuff!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

THIS FORMULA HAS BEEN CHANGED!!!

I used to love this product. I am not a clinique foundation fan at all but this WAS one of their few great products. I applied it under my makeup and over my makeup. This is a small tube which is fine because I only needed a TINY amount. Make sure you remove a lot of this makeup as it will break you out of you don't. This completely used to fill up your pores and actually made me look great.

I HATE HATE HATE the new formula :( It worked SOOOO bad for me and broke me out terribly. I highly recommend not buying this new formula unless you still have the old stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hm, I use it every day, but I am not totally convinced. To be honest, this is the 3rd or 4th time I am getting it, mainly because compared to other primers (Laura Mercier etc) it's cheaper. I am also not sure if I want to give big money for another primer, only to discover it's worse that this one... It does make your makeup stay in place for much longer. I use it with ELDW and it lasts all day, with the ELDW BB cream is great too, but I started noticing some clogged pores every now and again and I have a feeling it's from this...As for minimizing pores, I am not too convinced: Skin appears smoother at first, but as the time goes by, the effect doesn't seem to last. I am only using it for making my makeup last longer, and will probably repurcahse in the absence of something better I guess...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by xoxomakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, I am indifferent to this product. At first use, I really loved it. Went on beautifully and felt wonderful. However I noticed it did not control any shine and wore off quickly. I have large pores around my nose and cheeks, and I felt it looks great after applying but does not last through the day, as the oils come out of your skin. All in all not a terrible product, just not right for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is an excellent primer. I tried a sample of this and loved it. I've since found a cheaper alternative that I love just as much so I never bought the full bottle of this - honestly it's too pricey for what you get, even if a little goes a long way.
If my review helped you, click yes below!